IGNORED

House of Paine

singsingsing

Latest post on Chad's blog: chadsperspective.blogspot.ca/

He gives us a tour of their house. Or should I say, Erin's house, because she seems to be in charge of the decor. Just take a look at that master bedroom. There are truly no words. If their marriage is having issues I think the bedroom might be part of the problem... and that's not a euphemism. :shock:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just.... Wow. It looks like the bedroom I had at 4. That's not the bedroom of a married couple.

Also, what is that shower curtain? Is it made of old petticoats the Bates girls used to wear?

Oh dear. I think I got cavities from looking at those pictures. Also, what is it with the ruffled shower-curtain? I imagine that'll be difficult to keep from going grotty.

That is the ugliest shower curtain I've ever seen! And is that a brown towel draped over the sofa? I need to detox from that by spending a few minutes reading the latest issues of House Beautiful and Elle Decor. There's no much there that isn't ghastly.

So, she has a princess room andhis room the guest room is a cowboy room--with a kid rocker?

MOst of the rest of it, I understand, because small house, not a lot of money=early post dorm room decor. But I can't imagine grown up people in either bedroom.

How many pictures do they have of themselves together around their house?

I was just thinking the same. There is no pictures of Chad's and Erin's family members on the walls etc, just pictures of Erin and Chad? Even the guest bethroom is loaded with pictures of C&E, just in case somebody forgots how they look... Well, what ever. Their house looks cute on the outside, and it must be romantic to be living in there just the two of them. I would love that.

At least hes letting her have an opinion and take charge of the decorating, and isn't worried that contact with things pink and frilly will either turn him gay or make him sprout a vagina. Its not really my thing though.

Oh, you guys weren't kidding about the master bedroom! Every other room I could at least comprehend, even if the choices weren't very to-my-taste or sophisticated. But the bedroom? I would have thought it was too much even when I was 5! And I like girly frilly pink things. You can be princessy and still tasteful!

In other news, I find the couple photo on the bedside table in the guest room really off putting. It comes across as quite egocentric to me, to think your guests want to look at you that badly...

That bedroom! Did she get her decorating tips from Sherry, late of Be a Living Sacrifice?

How do these manly men put up with living in a pepto bismol bottle? Since they've got the final say and all.

At least hes letting her have an opinion and take charge of the decorating, and isn't worried that contact with things pink and frilly will either turn him gay or make him sprout a vagina. Its not really my thing though.

He must really love her if he let her choose the colors in that bedroom :D On a serious note, I agree, he seems secure enough that he doesn't need to show off how manly he is every five seconds like other fundies.

I hate to admit it, but if I'd gotten married while in the throes of my very young immature "can't wait to be married before I leave my parents' house" stage...I don't think it would have been quite so pink and frilly but left to my own devices I might have done something similarly ghastly. I guess it's a good thing that he doesn't seem to mind?

Holy crap....

Shit, and I LOVE Shabby Chic and Pink, but that is hurting my eyes.... I actually had part of that set before.... the canopy is way too much. And the walls.

I could almost forgive the bedding if not for that.

Can't decide how I feel about that shower curtain...

I will say that this makes me look a little fonder on Chad - he obviously wants to make Erin happy.

I absolutely love the outside of the house, but the inside :snooty:

The only thing I can think about that is that she was never allowed to decorate her room the way she wanted it when she was a little girl. Especially living in that attic thing before the Duggars built them a house. Maybe that's the vision she had of a room when she was 5 and never really grew out of it.

That's the worst shower curtain I've ever seen.

That decorative plaque in the last picture? I misread it as BUTTERCREAM WELCOME. And I thought, that's odd, but I totally agree.

What's with the basket at the end of the bed? It looks like it's full of kids books, adding to the juvenilia theme, but surely not? The second bedspread set is a great improvement on the first. And I actually like the shower curtain - I'm assuming it isn't ruffled on the side facing the water.

I notice they've already got a rocker set up for Erin to nurse in. And the guest room will work if first blessing is a boy.

Edited because autocorrect seems to think that Erin intends to nurse in a rocket.

This is the second post about making time for your marriage and no marriage being perfect.

I don't know, it seems like this shouldn't be an issue less than 4 months into your marriage, when you don't have kids and you are only away from each other maybe 8 hours a day (when Chad is working and she's at school).

Perhaps Erin is lonely with just the two of them? Was she expecting Chad to be around constantly whenever she's at home? Or does she miss her family and need more companionship than he can provide (since she's not used to living with just one other person)?

Someone posted here a few months before the wedding claiming inside info to the Bates family; that person said that Erin had wanted Chad to move in with the rest of the Bateses. I'm beginning to wonder if that's true now.

I wonder what their plans are when she finishes school? Will they be moving to Oklahoma to be near his family? Or are they staying in Tennessee?

Archived