IGNORED

House of Paine

singsingsing

Is that a spittoon on the porch?

OK, maybe the colors I'm seeing aren't true because of the lighting, camera, my computer, whatever, but it looks like the overall color theme is grey and brown (outside of that astoundingly pink bedroom) - not a good combination. I agree with the posters above who find the shower curtain awful, though it might come in handy if they run out of towels. I like the pink placemats and the house itself looks cozy and appealing from the outside. I personally don't find cowboy boots or horseshoes to be attractive decor, but I guess they do.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, maybe the colors I'm seeing aren't true because of the lighting, camera, my computer, whatever, but it looks like the overall color theme is grey and brown (outside of that astoundingly pink bedroom) - not a good combination. I agree with the posters above who find the shower curtain awful, though it might come in handy if they run out of towels. I like the pink placemats and the house itself looks cozy and appealing from the outside. I personally don't find cowboy boots or horseshoes to be attractive decor, but I guess they do.

That's an old milk container. My mom has a few for decoration. She's into old antique, farm/country.

On my computer, the colors look light blue and brown, which has been a popular color combo in decorating for about 10 years now. I find it very meh, but it's not horrible.

When I saw the cowboy stuff, my first thought was that looks like a little boy's room.

Some are saying that maybe that pink bedroom is the result of Erin never being able to decorate her own room - I'm wondering if the cowboy stuff is the same for Chad.

I absolutely love the outside of the house, but the inside :snooty:

The only thing I can think about that is that she was never allowed to decorate her room the way she wanted it when she was a little girl. Especially living in that attic thing before the Duggars built them a house. Maybe that's the vision she had of a room when she was 5 and never really grew out of it.

That's the worst shower curtain I've ever seen.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I would lay money that this is the "dream bedroom" from her childhood that she longed to have for herself, but never could get. While it's totally not my style whatsoever, good for her husband to let her do it. I'm sure if you grow up thinking that all you're going to do in life is be a "keeper at home" or whatever, you're going to fantasize about your "dream house" for a long time. Hell, I'm not going to be a homemaker and I still fantasize about my dream house. Good on her, if this is exactly how she wants to decorate. I hope she is enjoying her freedom (and space!) now that she has left and cleaved from the rest of the brood.

Am I the only one who thought the house-tour was a Maxwell-esque type of announcement? I mean, REALLY? a TWIN bed in the guest room that's totally decorated for a little boy? Seems to me they are announcing and waiting to show us the OTHER corner of the room which contains a crib.

I was just thinking the same. There is no pictures of Chad's and Erin's family members on the walls etc, just pictures of Erin and Chad? Even the guest bethroom is loaded with pictures of C&E, just in case somebody forgots how they look... Well, what ever. Their house looks cute on the outside, and it must be romantic to be living in there just the two of them. I would love that.

I also thought it was odd that they had a large picture of themselves in the guest room. But I've never been married so maybe you just get super excited by all the professional pics you suddenly have on your hands?

Also, does Gothard allow for Christmas trees? Am I confusing him with Vision Forum?

I don't mind the bedroom (with some minor changes). I love the white bed frame, but the canopy would go, it looks like the canopy I gave my niece for her first "big girl" bed when she was three. I love shabby chic and I don't mind certain shades of pink as an accent color and I do like the bedspread, but between it and the pink walls it looks like a Pepto Bismol bomb exploded in there. I would have chosen another pastel for the walls, such as a soft yellow, blue, or green. Something that complemented the bedspread, but didn't make one feel like they were in a sea of pink. Also, that shower curtain would go.

Am I the only one who thought the house-tour was a Maxwell-esque type of announcement? I mean, REALLY? a TWIN bed in the guest room that's totally decorated for a little boy? Seems to me they are announcing and waiting to show us the OTHER corner of the room which contains a crib.

Thinking the same thing -- and expecting Woody from Toy Story to jump out too.

Yeah, I thought all those pictures of themselves was kind of strange. But I'm glad Chad doesn't feel like his manhood is threatened by having a pink bedroom. I can't imagine Jimbobduggar ever allowing a pink master bedroom. I wouldn't decorate like that AT ALL, but good for Erin if that's what she likes.

Yeah, I thought all those pictures of themselves was kind of strange. But I'm glad Chad doesn't feel like his manhood is threatened by having a pink bedroom. I can't imagine Jimbobduggar ever allowing a pink master bedroom. I wouldn't decorate like that AT ALL, but good for Erin if that's what she likes.

I couldn't Smuggar going for that either, Pecan Davy probably, but he'd do the decorating not Priscilla.

Even if she were pregnant there's no way she could be far enough along to know the sex of the child. They got married in November so even if she got pregnant on the wedding night she'd only be three months. The guest bedroom looks like it was decorated with leftovers from the Bates house.

It is nice that Chad went along with Erin's decor. I do think he genuinely loves her and wants to treat her well. I also think that their marriage has gotten off to a rocky start. That's not necessarily a terrible thing as long as they're able to communicate and work things out. I do find it interesting that Zach and Whitney seem to be the opposite, they're obviously having a riot being married. Chad and Erin had a much more traditional no-touch courtship, and Erin strikes me as rather immature. I think that could have a lot to do with it.

Hmmm...these rooms look an awful lot like some of the dollhouses my sister and I played with when we were little girls.

Maybe... MAYBE... Chad and Erin are so sheltered that they sleep in separate bedrooms? That is the only explanation I can come up with, and I know it's a stretch.

My grandma painted the bedroom pink... right after she divorced my grandpa.

Josh and Anna's homes have been decorated by Josh's sisters, and it shows. They look like what they are - a teen/young adult girl's take on the TTH decor, complete with random biblical words and passages stencilled on the walls and sickly monuments to the love of the parents for each other.

I like the country style she is going for in most of the house. The outside is cute and I like the cute country touches. The floors look really nice. The colours are blue and brown, which I like. I am on the side of liking the shower curtain. I don't really understand the little boy theme "guest room", but it is cute for a little boy. I agree with the ones saying that the bedroom is probably Erin's dream room from childhood. I like that Chad is fine with it, and hopefully in time it can evolve (haha) into a mature couples room instead of a little girls princess room.I also think the pictures of them everywhere is a little odd, but hopefully with time (again) they will switch some out for other photos.

I like the country style she is going for in most of the house. The outside is cute and I like the cute country touches. The floors look really nice. The colours are blue and brown, which I like. I am on the side of liking the shower curtain. I don't really understand the little boy theme "guest room", but it is cute for a little boy. I agree with the ones saying that the bedroom is probably Erin's dream room from childhood. I like that Chad is fine with it, and hopefully in time it can evolve (haha) into a mature couples room instead of a little girls princess room.I also think the pictures of them everywhere is a little odd, but hopefully with time (again) they will switch some out for other photos.

The pictures from the courtship everywhere seems to be common with fundies - off the top of my head, Josh and Anna, Fabulous Davie and Priscilla, Robert and Kendalyn and the senior Duggars all do it too. It could be cause it's the first time they've had nice pictures of themselves not surrounded by a dozen or so siblings in matching outfits.

The pink bedroom is exactly the sort of room I would have liked at about the age of 10. I agree with others that have suggested that Erin is perhaps getting the room of her dreams and her dreams are still stalled in early girlhood. The cowboy themed bedroom is adorable. For a boy of about eight. It is an interesting choice for a guest room. I am assuming it is a future nursery. Hence, the juvenile decor.

On the whole I actually thought the house was cute. Not my taste. But cute.

As I was looking at the pictures all I could think was that their house is way nicer than the apartment where my husband and I first lived after we were married. But, then again, we were both students finishing our second degrees at that evil place called university. While we didn't go into debt for those degrees (a common argument fundies use against attending college/university), we were pretty broke when we first got married.

The pictures of the bedroom remind me of a letter to Dear Prudence a while back. A man was writing that he was getting married soon, but his fiancee asked that they have a room in their home that is "hers." She would be able to decorate it the way she wanted, go in there for privacy, and no one would be able to enter without her permission. (I can't remember if she wanted to sleep alone in there, too.) She explained that it was because she grew up in a conservative household where she had to share a bedroom with sisters, keep the doors unlocked and opened, and anybody could barge in at any time. Now that she was leaving her parents' household, she wanted a space that she could call her own. Prudie advised the man that it sounded like his fiancee needed a lot more independence outside of her parents' house before she would be ready to get married.

I think all the pictures is just because every time they were together during courtship it turned into a photo shoot for the blog. What else are they going to do with all those pics? I'm sure they will get traded out for other photos thru the years.

With the huge number of guests they had at the wedding, I expected the house to be a bit better decorated. Meaning, I would have thought they might have received more decor as gifts. Maybe they got a lot of cash that they put in savings?

Maybe the reason is that as a little girl, she didn't have any place in the house to decorate and call her own, and now that she can, she went all out

I like ruffled shower curtains, but theirs is weird with the two colors. If it were all cream, it'd be nice.

It is 3 colors - white, then green, then blue. I saw it on the registry, but it looks weird with the lighting. I actually like it a lot!

My jaw dropped at the pink... But if they're okay with it, who am I to judge?

I agree that Whitney and Zach appear to be adjusting better to married life.

Agh! The guest bedroom has a small bed plus it looks like it is decorated for a 6 year old 'country loving boy. The master bedroom :naughty:. Setting aside the horrible decor, I'm happy Erin got to choose how to decorate to her liking. Because she probably never got to decorate her bedroom, she is now decorating the couple's bedroom with all the pink she has and wants. I'm also please with the way Chad "gave her permission" ( :disgust: ) to decorate it all pink.

Anyway, they seem happy so that's good :clap:

(Edited to fix a "riffle")

The house has so much potential, but it looks like it was decorated by a tween. A tween with tacky, questionable taste.

The shower curtain looks like old dust rags sewn together, not to mention it is way too intrusive for such a small space.

When I first glanced at the master bedroom picture, I thought there was a video camera set up on a tripod at the end of the bed, then I realized it was ratty looking flowers. :lol: Chad is a better person than me. No way would I sleep in a bedroom that looks like a pack of pink flamingos were murdered in the space. That is what nightmares are made of. The only thing missing on the bed is a Care Bear or two.

Archived