IGNORED

House of Paine

singsingsing

Chad is a mid 20's, newly married dude. I really don't think he's caring how girly that room and bed is. It's what goes on in the bed that's most important. :whistle:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember I posted here several months ago that my SO and I didn't think living together would be right for us. Not long after that I got sick We talked and decided that until I get better, it would be a good idea for him to move in with me. I was having awful vertigo attacks, staggered around like a drunk, and even fell a few times. Anyway, since he moved in, our relationship has grown stronger. We even discussed the "M" word. So, he's going to stay, and who knows, maybe there will be more than just fundies getting hitched.

My first apartment after we got married would not have won any awards in decorating. Mostly furniture various relatives had given me for my college apartment and some Pre-Ikea but Ikea style put together furniture. But we liked it and had fun...

Oh, my SO does not have decorating privileges. Eli (my cat) has made it very clear that we are under his authority and he doesn't like it when his habitat is fucked up. :shifty-kitty: :wink-kitty:

When a leave the foster care and have my first ALONE bedroom (when usually, since my 4 yo, I was in bedroom with 4 others people. It was the hell), I did like Erin and I decorated my room as a kid of 10 years who loves whales, dogs, and harry potter. And now that I live with my girlfriend (since 1 month), we have separate rooms. I can not not have my room. That's it. Too many years in boarding schools, foster care, etc ... Just, i need solitude. I understand Erin.

"I really ain't a trooper!...LOL...I just love Erin...and I figured that the color of room really isn't something that big in life!....=) She loves it...and I am the happiest when I see her happy! =)"

Chad posted this in the comments. He is right.

Awwwwww that's cute.

He really does love her, and that's good to see.

Good to see that he isn't worried about the pink room turning him gay or making his dick shrivel up and drop off.

Awwwwww that's cute.

He really does love her, and that's good to see.

Good to see that he isn't worried about the pink room turning him gay or making his dick shrivel up and drop off.

Yeah, I actually like Chad a lot more after all this, and it gives me hope that he has some idea of what it takes to make a marriage work.

"I really ain't a trooper!...LOL...I just love Erin...and I figured that the color of room really isn't something that big in life!....=) She loves it...and I am the happiest when I see her happy! =)"

Chad posted this in the comments. He is right.

Did he really write that? Jeebus. I'm STILL waiting for some of these homeskooled fundies to show me their superior education. :? (I guess the Robotkinettes display decent writing abilities and an education, but they're so overblown and full of themselves.)

Poor grammar notwithstanding, he has to be my favorite fundie now for actually submitting to his wife's wishes! You go, Chad!

I think Erin was really lucky to have found him. He really seems to love her. Maybe she is just one of those people who always look a little "cold" when photographed. There are so many fundie guys who don't value their wife's opinion. (Thinking of several we discuss here.)

I think Erin was lucky to have found him too. He is really into her and it shows. One thing about their courtship, you could see in the pictures that they really were in love, there wasn't the stiffness and forced smiles that you would see in other couples such as Davilla.

It may be that he's just being more honest about the realities of adjusting to marriage which just about every couple, fundie or no, will experience to some degree. Rather than do a "Whee! Everything is soooo perfect!" type of thing that we see from many newly married fundie couples, he's being more honest or as honest as he feels he can. It's fine that he's letting her decorate, pink and all, and he may perfectly understand why she wants to do it.....it's always been her dream, a dream that she couldn't realize while younger.

It's not that I think they are doomed, but given the sheltered upbringing, the high expectations of marriage and Erin's homesickness, it sounds like it's been more difficult than anticipated. And I have no doubt that some of Erin's homesickness involves not just being around her family as much, but not getting the attention she's used to as "princess Erin". And add to having to shoulder the homemaking responsibilities entirely when it looks as if she got a bit of a pass while still in her parent's home. Perhaps Chad is finding out how much she really wasn't prepared for being a helpmeet and she's having a tough time adjusting.

And I have no doubt that when she's happy, he's happy. She probably makes life a bit miserable when she's not. I still think that there's been nights he's been in the guest bedroom even after 3 months.

The latest story I've heard in this vein concerns a relative of a friend. The relative spent the last 25 years or so driving her husband (and everyone else) crazy with her constant criticisms and domineering attitude. Nothing he ever did was good enough. At one point, they were on vacation together, and their car was broken into and ransacked. She spent a solid hour screaming and blaming him for the fact their car was burgled (he hadn't left the door open or anything like that). Poor guy just took it. Fast forward many years later, and he started seeing someone on the side. Interestingly, the woman got horribly offended and divorced him. She blamed him for every bad thing that went wrong in their marriage.

I don't think he should have cheated, obviously, but it would have been nice if they'd been able to get counseling for their issues a lot sooner. She never did agree to it, and by that point, I think he just wanted out. The guy is now married to the other woman. According to my friend, he is deliriously happy with her. The first wife is still clueless about any part she could have played in their split.

I have watched the spouse of an in-law relative get pushed around for decades. She calls the shots on everything, he has no say, just go out and earn the money. What she wants, she gets and woe betide him if he says anything otherwise. He's too besotted with her to even entertain seeing anyone else but if he did, she would blame him for everything, in spite of all he's put up with.

that is sweet...go Chad! :)

I still expected to see some Barbie dolls and a playhouse in that room! LOL

Can you picture Jim Bob saying/living like that? I think he'd tell Michelle there's no way he's gonna sleep in a room like that,and to get off her doofus and find a color HE likes!

I have watched the spouse of an in-law relative get pushed around for decades. She calls the shots on everything, he has no say, just go out and earn the money. What she wants, she gets and woe betide him if he says anything otherwise. He's too besotted with her to even entertain seeing anyone else but if he did, she would blame him for everything, in spite of all he's put up with.

I don't know, I think people are jumping to conclusions that she's taking the reigns in this marriage. I have a feeling it's more like this being one of the few ways she'll ever actually have any control, and he's giving it to her because otherwise he's expecting to dominate as he's been raised to do in a fundie marriage.

Holy Crap!!!!!! :pink-shock: DH would have a heart attack if our room looked like that. And he's not a husband that cares a whole lot about the decorations, but pink, no way!!! :naughty:

It looks like a 5 year olds room would look

I don't know, I think people are jumping to conclusions that she's taking the reigns in this marriage. I have a feeling it's more like this being one of the few ways she'll ever actually have any control, and he's giving it to her because otherwise he's expecting to dominate as he's been raised to do in a fundie marriage.

Expectations may not work out in reality. When it comes down to it, he might not be the type to really dominate in spite of being raised to be the headship, blah, blah, blah. I don't doubt that there are fundie headships out there who are not really in charge of things behind closed doors. And if he's really dealing with unhappy wife, he's also going to be raised to believe that he's not doing something right or that more praying has to be done or something like that.

Every time I see Erin with that beehive of hers, I'm reminded of an old-school country-western singer, who sings about drinking, sinning, and heartbreak:

(Link not broken because it's Youtube) :cracking-up:

Every time I see Erin with that beehive of hers, I'm reminded of an old-school country-western singer, who sings about drinking, sinning, and heartbreak:

(Link not broken because it's Youtube) :cracking-up:

I just knew it would be Jeannie C Riley. :lol:

that is sweet...go Chad! :)

I still expected to see some Barbie dolls and a playhouse in that room! LOL

Can you picture Jim Bob saying/living like that? I think he'd tell Michelle there's no way he's gonna sleep in a room like that,and to get off her doofus and find a color HE likes!

It seems to me JimBob is just as besotted with Michelle as Chad is with Erin and would let her decorate the bedroom in whichever way made her happy, so long as he could always fellowship in it on demand.

But Michelle wasn't a 22 when they moved into the TTH, and she had the help of a professional decorator, so no explosion of pink frills for JimBob.

Two things strike me about their decor. First is that there is no art on the wall. Photographs of themselves, but no art photos, nature shots, or even other family members. No art posters or reproductions. No ancestral portraits. I can't imagine such a sterile existence.

Second if you are a guest in their home you can't read in bed. No nightstand, no reading light. I noticed they each have a night stand but the lights look more than arm's distance away so maybe they are controlled with a wall switch.

It seems to me JimBob is just as besotted with Michelle as Chad is with Erin and would let her decorate the bedroom in whichever way made her happy, so long as he could always fellowship in it on demand.

But Michelle wasn't a 22 when they moved into the TTH, and she had the help of a professional decorator, so no explosion of pink frills for JimBob.

J'chelle might not have been a "hosed down with Pepto-Bismol"* type anyway. Wasn't she kind of a tomboy when she was younger?

*Nod to Steel Magnolias

Pepto-Bismol aside, I LOVE small, wooden houses with porches. That cottage is pretty much my dream home (just drop it near a beach somewhere). Wow. I'm happy for them.

Archived