IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

I think it was in comments on Bradrick!'s FB that Bob Renaud (don't know anything about hin) mentioned "We" went. And I think there was a 4th guy, though that may only have been from Jen. I DO remember very clearly, and this is the "kicker", that either Bob or the 4th guy commented something like "when we confronted him ***THIS*** month", which was NOVEMBER, AFTER toolo'ween! Petey did not correct him, but IIRC, the comment disappeared prior to the FB disappearing. At least I couldn't find it later when I tried. Maybe someone saved the comments from the week after Petey's post?

Thanks, nutamole and very interesting. I remember some post (not here at FJ) about Joe and Peter flying to San Antonio to confront him at his door but don't remember mention of Bob Renaud (or a 4th guy) in that particular post. I didn't follow Peter's FB posts so didn't catch that there were may have been others in attendance from the now deleted comments. I stand corrected then. Still, noticeably absent was Scotty. I remember wondering why he wasn't there, I would have thought he would have jumped at the opportunity if he really wanted to.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It probably does us all well to remember that no matter how wealthy and powerful Brownie seems to be, his wealth almost certainly is eclipsed into literal obscurity by Jim Leininger's. Who's really in charge? Follow the money.

My guess is that while Leininger could purchase J.Park and donate it to the originators with the change he's got in his pocket (well, maybe not that much in-pocket!!!), he's told Scott and others like Evil Jakey G (government name: Nathaniel Darnell) to see how good THEY are at raising the bucks.

yes! That's the thought I was trying (poorly) to express yesterday!

Speaking of Darnell-- I've been curious about a photo Dougie posted from Nov of 2002 titled "Our Church Youth Group". (It was formerly linked here boernechristianassembly.org/articles/2007/12/our-church-youth-group.php )

In the pic (taken at the Brown residence) were Be-All, 6 Phillips kids, one other child, Kelly, Hero, and a male youth. I think it was Darnell, but the his face was blurry.

Don't want to take over the conversation, but 2 groundless speculations have been burning a hole in my mental pocket and I could only now sign up! MOST likely VF's demise was orchestrated by Leininger over money matters. Hero was a convenient "reason" everyone had known about for years. Scotty's role in toolo'ween may have been very limited, and only at Jim's say-so. As the new Front Man, Scotty has nothing to do with Vision Forum, and he never did. Dougie is just a tool he used to know who once "kissed a girl". Dougie was certainly never his BFF!

THat said, Speculation 1: Scotty saw his opportunity when Howard Phillips died, and was now able to coerce Doug with greater impunity, with whatever dirt he'd already had for years.

2: Doug tooled around with Kelly G, the actress, during filming of the movie. Then he broke her heart/ didn't divorce Be-All as promised/ didn't dump Hero as promised, etc. This made Dad angry. "An ta think I gave him a plantation house ta live in! And a business-tree!! Not fer long, Tool!!" This more salacious speculation actually has some support from Jen, who mentions her daughter asking why Mr Phillips was "fawning" over Kelly (in his now-deleted move role).

I admit that I have wondered about the possibility of something between Doug and Kelly G; however, Kelly seems too attractive and financially powerful to find Doug attractive.

I admit that I have wondered about the possibility of something between Doug and Kelly G; however, Kelly seems too attractive and financially powerful to find Doug attractive.

Very true! More likely, he would have just given her some uncomfortable hugs, ala Mrs Duggar. Rumors from Jen's have PDA going on with his "secretary" at the time. MOST likely there's something mundane like Doug borrowing a boatload of cash for some sure-fire business idea, and then squandering it on manly adventures and geographizing with important leaders. No evidence for this untrue speculation either, of course. :roll:

FWIT: I see that Save Jonathan Park has raised 126k of their 150k "ideal" crowd funding goal, and that this includes: "Down payment to purchase the Jonathan Park project." Down Payment= more payments to come. :think:

Nolan Manteufel calls for a boycott of the Jonathan Park rescue, snippy little Facebook fight ensues:

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/629471587100348?stream_ref=10

ETA: Stunning hypocrisy from Perry C. under a Jordan Muela FB post regarding Gothard: "We could also let the church be the church and stop looking to parachurch ministries to be the church. I know it's ironic for me to say since I worked for one for 10 years but we Christians don't need a replacement church. We just need the church."

facebook.com/jordanmuela/posts/10202086528057034?stream_ref=10

"Ironic"? Bitch, PLEASE!!!

Nolan Manteufel calls for a boycott of the Jonathan Park rescue, snippy little Facebook fight ensues:

facebook.com/nolan.manteufel/posts/629471587100348?stream_ref=10

ETA: Stunning hypocrisy from Perry C. under a Jordan Muela FB post regarding Gothard: "We could also let the church be the church and stop looking to parachurch ministries to be the church. I know it's ironic for me to say since I worked for one for 10 years but we Christians don't need a replacement church. We just need the church."

facebook.com/jordanmuela/posts/10202086528057034?stream_ref=10

"Ironic"? Bitch, PLEASE!!!

Why I do believe the scales may have fallen from Perry's eyes. Being on the road and out from under the Tool's evil rays has given him some time to ruminate on the last(lost) decade.

Perry has also been posting a lot of libertarian stuff, including a substantial amount about marijuana laws being wrong, on Facebook, as well as comments about secular music and movies and alcohol and even YouTube clips of songs and just the general shit from YouTube that people post cause they think it's funny, even when it includes very defrauding clothing.

I know the Coghlans have always been somewhat into pop culture, but he seems much more focused on it and less discerning about it. Maybe that's just the lack of work and excess I internet time though. It's clear he doesn't have a Maxwell style net nanny on his phone though.

But lest we think they were becoming sane, Kim posted a reminder not to purchase Girl Scout cookies, with the tip that she refers to them as "abortion cookies" so that the yumminess if them doesn't make her forget the baybeez and buy them.

oh my, did Kim ever get the smack down on that comment. Thank goodness there were GS leaders to set her straight.....Of course there were a few who agreed with her but in her defense she allowed them all on her FB page. Good reading and makes me even happier I bought 14 boxes:)

oh my, did Kim ever get the smack down on that comment. Thank goodness there were GS leaders to set her straight.....Of course there were a few who agreed with her but in her defense she allowed them all on her FB page. Good reading and makes me even happier I bought 14 boxes:)

My favorite comment was the one pointing out that Facebook also supports Planned Parenthood. I wonder if she'll stop using that?

My understanding is that the group elected to confront Dougie was Bradrick, Morecraft, and Jason Dohm. I don't know who the fourth is, or if there even was a fourth person. I'm also not 100% certain on Dohm. I think it was Eston who posted that bit of info, so take it with a grain of salt.

mnwmnwmnwww (love your handle, even if I can't remember it!), your analysis is intriguing! Did anybody think to keep a copy of Poor Petey's initial hand-wringing FB post? I'm almost sure he wrote of being one of a group of menz who met with Doug Phillips Is A Tool when Doug called him a betrayer and something else. Oh! How I wish I'd saved that somewhere.

It probably does us all well to remember that no matter how wealthy and powerful Brownie seems to be, his wealth almost certainly is eclipsed into literal obscurity by Jim Leininger's. Who's really in charge? Follow the money.

My guess is that while Leininger could purchase J.Park and donate it to the originators with the change he's got in his pocket (well, maybe not that much in-pocket!!!), he's told Scott and others like Evil Jakey G (government name: Nathaniel Darnell) to see how good THEY are at raising the bucks.

Thanks mamajunebug. Just an FYI, I actually got my handle from a type of license plate gang members use to evade law enforcement. M,N,and W look so similar on a license plate that it's difficult for cops to read it accurately. (or at least that is what a cop friend told me.) You can just start mashing random letters together if need be. I"ll figure it out. :)

My understanding is that the group elected to confront Dougie was Bradrick, Morecraft, and Jason Dohm. I don't know who the fourth is, or if there even was a fourth person. I'm also not 100% certain on Dohm. I think it was Eston who posted that bit of info, so take it with a grain of salt.

Well, Bob Renaud himself claimed to be one of them on Peter's FB page, and Peter did not correct him. But who knows whether that means he actually went with them to Doug's front door, or just drove the car, or just hung out nearby for moral support. Lord knows everyone is trying to jump on this anti-Doug bandwagon now-- even Perry.

Yep, after your 4th child, I think the camera comes out a bit less. The first 3 were boys and got photographed a lot, then there was Geneva Convention and by being a girl, she only got a few very cute snapshots. And then that last one I think was lucky anyone ever remembered to feed him. And I think someone here on the board said they saw Kelly a few months back and she was obviously pregnant, so must be anytime now.

Just catching up after a couple days... Did BRADRICK! seriously name his daughter, "Geneva Convention"???? These poor, poor children... given the most outrageous names...!!!! :angry-banghead:

Just catching up after a couple days... Did BRADRICK! seriously name his daughter, "Geneva Convention"???? These poor, poor children... given the most outrageous names...!!!! :angry-banghead:

BRADRICK! named her Geneva Constance, but we here at FJ fixed it for him. We have yet to receive a thank you note. The nerve! ;)

Guys, gals and snarkers-of-my-heart -- I know we're not impressed generally with Jen Epstein Fishburne and whoever T.W. Eston is, but have you been to jensgems lately?

There's a very long, but very readable, retrospective of the Allosaur scandal perp'ed by Doug Phillips Is A Tool back in the early 2000s. Basically, Doug screwed over a couple dozen well-intentioned folks who believe in creation (as opposed to evolution) and who thus - you would've thought - were on his side.

I'd heard parts of the story before, but never told as cogently and consecutively as the current entry on jensgems. Plus, there are comments supposedly from some of the people with screws in their backs that shed even more light on what Doug did.

In fact, the writer (Eston?) says Allosaur is where Doug PIAT made his first millions and began the scam that is Vision Forum.

I'm wondering if this merits its own topic.

Meanwhile, I'm also learning from the Allosaur entry and discussion that the Phillips gang is housed on Jurassic Lane in Spring Branch, TX, and from what I see on Zillow, they have not fallen far at. all. Most houses have 6 bedrooms, 4 baths, etc.

Possibly not an indoor pool, but hey, it's San Antonio, fergoshsakes.

Oh, one more thing: the contributors over there fully and completely consider Brown & Botkin & Swanson to be complete fellow travelers with Phillips and most likely are those who will continue the scams. They seem to exonate Baucham, FWIW.

Interesting reading, JMHO. Now I'm AFK, very busy day ahead. Carry on, my wayward ones!!!! :cracking-up:

When Perry FB posts on Tim Challies' 31 Days of Purity challenge, friend Ryker S. objects to the name: "Purity sounds too feminine." Perry responds: "I think you've been hanging around vf for too long."

facebook.com/pcoghlan/posts/10203184862080813?stream_ref=10

Meanwhile, I'm also learning from the Allosaur entry and discussion that the Phillips gang is housed on Jurassic Lane in Spring Branch, TX, and from what I see on Zillow, they have not fallen far at. all. Most houses have 6 bedrooms, 4 baths, etc.

Possibly not an indoor pool, but hey, it's San Antonio, fergoshsakes.

Well, well, well... Looks like Doug and family have moved to my area. Probably no indoor pool. But there is a lake and rivers nearby. The older Phillips kids are gonna love it. In a few weeks here mostly naked college kids will be every where, even lined up on the side of the highways. The grocery stores have already started putting out the bikinis. Oh and there is an awesome biker bar right at the entrance to their new neighborhood.

As far as the neighborhood and the size of the houses this is a weird area right now. For years nothing much at all went on as far as growth. But as Austin and San Antonio have become rapidly growing areas so has our little rural space in between the two cities here. There are these fairly new large homes like the one Doug may be in, but there are are also run down mobile homes.

Any questions about the area feel free to ask.

When Perry FB posts on Tim Challies' 31 Days of Purity challenge, friend Ryker S. objects to the name: "Purity sounds too feminine." Perry responds: "I think you've been hanging around vf for too long."

facebook.com/pcoghlan/posts/10203184862080813?stream_ref=10

Wow. Bitter much, Perry? Can't blame him though I won't hold my breath waiting for him or Kim to come right out and blast VF & Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

Wonder if he had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

thecommonroomblog.com/2014/02/raising-the-allosaurus.html

Looks like DHM is now calling out the Allosaurus too. Still find it incredibly interesting that "had weird gut feelings" the whole time she was publishing e-books with one of the numero uno VF shillers. Maybe now that Perry is smearing his disdain all over the internet she feels like she can do this? Idk. Still interesting how 4Moms ended right before VF bit the dust.

It's hilarious how everyone is now falling all over themselves to say they never liked the Tool from the beginning. :D :D

Wow. Bitter much, Perry? Can't blame him though I won't hold my breath waiting for him or Kim to come right out and blast VF & Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

Wonder if he had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

And he has no right to be bitter! He wasn't just "some employee" who was "simply doing his job." He was actively advocating this shit for ten years, and now he goes on Facebook acting like it was all some big joke. No it wasn't, Perry. I don't give two flying fucks if you let your daughters wear shorts and listen to rock music; you and your lovely wife still pimped VF's dangerous teachings out to the public for a DECADE. Take responsibility for YOUR actions.

Im not surprised he isn't happy with Doug, Doug's tooling cost him his job.

He should speak out and say that he believed it before, but has turned away from whichever of the beliefs he doesn't agree with and now knows that Doug was a false prophet.

http://thecommonroomblog.com/2014/02/raising-the-allosaurus.html

Looks like DHM is now calling out the Allosaurus too. Still find it incredibly interesting that "had weird gut feelings" the whole time she was publishing e-books with one of the numero uno VF shillers. Maybe now that Perry is smearing his disdain all over the internet she feels like she can do this? Idk. Still interesting how 4Moms ended right before VF bit the dust.

It's hilarious how everyone is now falling all over themselves to say they never liked the Tool from the beginning. :D :D

Oh foo - had time to surface and read that link, thought I had found someone to fall in love with, but now you say she does e-books with a VF minion? Who is she exactly? I'm sorry to be so needy, but I'm really covered up today. TIA, my doves!!!

Archived