IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

Oh foo - had time to surface and read that link, thought I had found someone to fall in love with, but now you say she does e-books with a VF minion? Who is she exactly? I'm sorry to be so needy, but I'm really covered up today. TIA, my doves!!!

Yeah, I don't think she's anyone to fall in love with. Still fundie. Has promoted the all the courtship/modesty/homeschooling/SAHM/SAHD stuff hook, line, and sinker, but then comes out and says you shouldn't follow gurus. It often confuses me because they are actually very into reading, *real* education, etc. My armchair evaluation is that the extra-biblical doctrines give her peace after a rough childhood.

And re: her and the Tool, I think it's the textbook example of the reaction from the "more intelligent than the average sheeple" crowd: "I knew all along, but I didn't say anything."

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And he has no right to be bitter! He wasn't just "some employee" who was "simply doing his job." He was actively advocating this shit for ten years, and now he goes on Facebook acting like it was all some big joke. No it wasn't, Perry. I don't give two flying fucks if you let your daughters wear shorts and listen to rock music; you and your lovely wife still pimped VF's dangerous teachings out to the public for a DECADE. Take responsibility for YOUR actions.

As some of our fundie "friends" would say: AMEN

Doug is a tool I love this thread so much Doug is a tool! How sick is it that this has become the way I unwind after a long day of homeschooling (secular) my rabid atheist 8 yo.

Oh foo - had time to surface and read that link, thought I had found someone to fall in love with, but now you say she does e-books with a VF minion? Who is she exactly? I'm sorry to be so needy, but I'm really covered up today. TIA, my doves!!!

She was also a vigorous defender of the FLDS and Warren Jeffs in the wake of the YFZ raid, adamant that they were having their religious freedoms trampled and that they probably didn't practice underage marriage but if they did they certainly didn't consummate it, and that the children should be returned immediately. That's how I first became aware of her.

As far as I know she hasn't apologised or commented on the matter since the tapes of Jeffs raping his 12 year old "bride" were discovered.

Yikes! Okay -- no love there.

I felt called to look at Scott Brown's blog, and so purposed to go over there tonight. It's kind of interesting to me that he goes out of his way to mention that the visit he'll be paying to St. Louis is not an official NCFIC event. (It's the Rev. Dr. Serven's annual men's advance.)

Yikes! Okay -- no love there.

I felt called to look at Scott Brown's blog, and so purposed to go over there tonight. It's kind of interesting to me that he goes out of his way to mention that the visit he'll be paying to St. Louis is not an official NCFIC event. (It's the Rev. Dr. Serven's annual men's advance.)

I wonder what that significance might mean? It could just be that he doesn't want to make himself a headliner in Pa Serven's circus, leaving the focus on Serven instead of Scotty. Their alliance is interesting to me. Might be worth keeping an eye on. Too bad no one at the Serven house blogs anymore -- it was always a good read back in the day.

Very interesting convo going on at the moment on Jordan Muela's FB wall, regarding ATI and VF feat. former interns and employees.

Very interesting convo going on at the moment on Jordan Muela's FB wall, regarding ATI and VF feat. former interns and employees.

Looks like Muela's FB page has gone private unless it's under a different name other than his?

Nathaniel Darnell--he was a VF intern/employee at one time, correct? Does he have a connection with ATI as well? He seems to be spending quite a lot of energy semi-defending Bill Gothard, claiming there's no "proof" of sexual improprieties since there were no independent witnesses, making any claims of abuse "gossip".

Doug Phillips: Tool in Absentia, but still a tool.

Nathaniel Darnell--he was a VF intern/employee at one time, correct? Does he have a connection with ATI as well? He seems to be spending quite a lot of energy semi-defending Bill Gothard, claiming there's no "proof" of sexual improprieties since there were no independent witnesses, making any claims of abuse "gossip".

Yes, Nathaniel was a member of VF's "First Brigade" of interns. He's all in a tizzy because he's just broken off a fake-from-the-start betrothal and we're speculating on it.

Yes, Nathaniel was a member of VF's "First Brigade" of interns. He's all in a tizzy because he's just broken off a fake-from-the-start betrothal and we're speculating on it.

Perhaps his intended failed that pre-courtship questionnaire currently being discussed elsewhere on FJ? He's certainly having quite the tantrum.

Or perhaps he's being a tool, like Doug Phillips, who is a tool.

In reading Nathaniel's rebuttals, I'm beginning to see why he flunked the bar exam at least twice.

Oh, and hi, Nathaniel - we know you read here.

:nenner:

In reading Nathaniel's rebuttals, I'm beginning to see why he flunked the bar exam at least twice.

Hi, Nathaniel! It's a shame about that pretty girl, Rachel, but honestly, she deserves a man closer to her age or one who isn't conflicted about his sexuality (or both) and also isn't a Marlboro Man-esque/Jimmy Bravo like BRADRICK!. It's tough being a fundie girl -- you guys are tricky!

P.S. Sarah Maxwell is still single and probably wouldn't make you consummate the marriage if you don't want to. Just sayin'...

Hah! So true. Nathaniel is a sexist dipshit.

I don't know one way or another about Mr. Gothard's guilt or innocence. But I do know it's easy for people to jump to conclusions because they're in an emotional frame of mind. It's sad when this kind of abuse occurs but it's also sad when someone is hurt by being falsely accused of doing something like this...

"Ooh, the ladies are just too emotional to believe. False sexual abuse allegations are worse than real sexual abuse."

Jesus, he would fit right in on reddit, if he's not already over there. What a tool. I'm glad he got dumped. No woman should have to deal with his sanctimonious bullshit.

Kisa called him deep-rooted ATI guy.

Kisa called him deep-rooted ATI guy.

Can't tell if he's a Gothard fan-boy, or if he just thinks women have the intellect of my coffee table. Or both. Did/does Darnell have a formal association with ATI?

Doug Phillips is a tool. Still.

Yeah, I don't think she's anyone to fall in love with. Still fundie. Has promoted the all the courtship/modesty/homeschooling/SAHM/SAHD stuff hook, line, and sinker, but then comes out and says you shouldn't follow gurus. It often confuses me because they are actually very into reading, *real* education, etc. My armchair evaluation is that the extra-biblical doctrines give her peace after a rough childhood.

And re: her and the Tool, I think it's the textbook example of the reaction from the "more intelligent than the average sheeple" crowd: "I knew all along, but I didn't say anything."

Ditto that. She's a condescending, smug know-it-all, and her kids seem to be trending that way too. She's a definite hate-read for me.

Oh, and yeah, lilith is right about the FLDS stuff! That was so weird (and even for her, long-winded) that I just tended to skip over it.

Oh, and yeah, lilith is right about the FLDS stuff! That was so weird (and even for her, long-winded) that I just tended to skip over it.

Stacy McDonald also jumped on that bandwagon as did a number of the patriarses.

Nathaniel Darnell is trying to use To Kill a Mockingbird to argue in favor of Gothard, and others are citing Kevin Swanson to argue against him. :shock:

Is this bizarro world?

The Seargeants are on that thread -- brothers of the bride discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20492&start=140#p671649

and involved in the deathless opus discussed here:

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=20546

They lost me haggling over two Christian witnesses. If someone goes in a house and shoots the lone occupant, I don't need two eyewitnesses when the bullet matches the gun the killer has. It looks like another way to duck and cover to me.

Nathaniel Darnell really is an idiot, isn't he?

Nathaniel Darnell really is an idiot, isn't he?

And like Bradrick!, Nathaniel may also have something to hide re: Doug Phillips Is A Tool, VF, and what did Nathaniel know and when did he know it.

Darnell believes that sexual abuse charges need two or three witnesses before there can be any justice for the victims. Apparently, some of these people do not live in the real world because manipulative abusers don't typical molest their victims in front of witnesses.

The common sense action would be to involve the local police or legal authorities and take the matter out of the church's hands. Church leaders can not be unbiased for the simple fact that they know, work with and have befriend both the victim and the accused.

What I don't understand is why he is defending Gothard in the first place

Archived