IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

From Dorr

Wow. I am glad that some people saw through the Doug Phillips facade but I wish that they had spoken out before this all happened. It is also interesting that he mentions laughing over Phillips efforts to push 'manliness' He also mentions spousal abuse. I am not certain if he is suggesting that some abuse might occur in the Phillips household or that spousal abuse is ignored in some Christian Reconstructionist churches but it obviously upsets him very much.(Which it should)

And....enter Peter Bradrick! Dougie's right-hand man! He absolutely knew and did and said nothing about it. And he was old enough to know better. His own marriage was arranged by Dougie -- he KNEW what Doug was doing was wrong and just couldn't wait to be a part of all of that 'manliness'.

There was a photo of Peter and Kelly on their honeymoon in front of some big historic house (which I'm sure has since been scrubbed, so I'm not even going to bother looking for it). Peter is standing next to Kelly (in a skirt) straddling her side on some concrete steps, grinning with pride. It is one of the most offensive manly photos I have seen of this movement. She looks like she's smiling (although she's probably in pain from the wedding night) and he is standing in conquest, as if he'd just shot a deer. I tried to find it again, but I must admit, I'm not very good at the way back machine. :(

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the forum is open for guests to see now too, no? There's not even a need for 'moles' when nothing is confidential and the blogger in question could just come over on her/his own under a non-active name or just visit without registering. Besides you know the more 'popular' bloggers have Google Alerts for their own names! h :lol:

I see your point.

I am so desperate for Doug Phillips, who is a tool, news! I have to believe that the fundies are saying nothing and inviting him to weddings and the like simply because he was such a paragon of fundie perfection that agknowledging his fall from grace would undermine their entire belief system. But geesh, isn't there some angry ex follower with enough contacts to have the goods on him and joyfully spill?

Either way, researching His Tooliness brought me to fj and I truly feel I have come home... I love you guys! Hey, I don't want to say it's all about me but maybe his affair was part of God's plan to put me on the path to finding fellowship on this forum...

I am so desperate for Doug Phillips, who is a tool, news! I have to believe that the fundies are saying nothing and inviting him to weddings and the like simply because he was such a paragon of fundie perfection that agknowledging his fall from grace would undermine their entire belief system. But geesh, isn't there some angry ex follower with enough contacts to have the goods on him and joyfully spill?

Either way, researching His Tooliness brought me to fj and I truly feel I have come home... I love you guys! Hey, I don't want to say it's all about me but maybe his affair was part of God's plan to put me on the path to finding fellowship on this forum...

Welcome!

Yes, the silence is frustrating but it's definitely a conspiracy. These people -- especially Scott Brown, Bradrick!, and the like -- all know exactly what went down and they probably knew a lot of what happened before the "resignation" letter.

Perhaps this needs its own thread, but after reading over at NCFIC.com.org, it appears that Peter Bradrick! has indeed had a parting of the ways with his father-in-law.

From the write-up for the 2015 conference "Our Marriages and the Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" (ncfic.org/events/view/our-marriages-and-the-marriages-of-our-sons-and-daughters-2015):

This is one of my favorite gatherings. It is small and intimate and it takes place in our home - my favorite place on the planet. We limit the group size to 24 couples and we spend the whole time in our living room. Deborah and I have been married for 29 years. My parents, Bill and Mary Brown, who have been married for 63 years are a very special addition. We also will have all of our married children with us and that provides many opportunities for conversation about matters of getting married. David and Monica have been married 3 years, and Taylor and Blair about 3 years.

This is has been changed in the last week or two to remove mention of Peter & Kelly although, darn it, I haven't got any screen caps of the older version.

Then there's this item from the "About" page on NCFIC's leadership (ncfic.org/about/leadership/):

The NCFIC is the fruit of many men's labors—past, present and future—not just one individual but of many hands laboring together. Our present staff leadership includes Scott Brown as Director, David Brown as Project Coordinator & Web Administrator.

The work of the NCFIC is also promoted and fueled by an informal network of family-integrated church leaders across the nation.

As the Lord provides, we will add more staff and more services for family-integrated churches and “seeking families.

Perhaps this needs its own thread, but after reading over at NCFIC.com.org, it appears that Peter Bradrick! has indeed had a parting of the ways with his father-in-law.

From the write-up for the 2015 conference "Our Marriages and the Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" (ncfic.org/events/view/our-marriages-and-the-marriages-of-our-sons-and-daughters-2015):

This is has been changed in the last week or two to remove mention of Peter & Kelly although, darn it, I haven't got any screen caps of the older version.

Then there's this item from the "About" page on NCFIC's leadership (ncfic.org/about/leadership/):

Yep, that advertisement for the Marriages conference has definitely been changed. Peter and Kelly were listed before and now they're not. Maybe they really DID move to Washington state. I'm surprised, but I suppose anything is possible. Hopefully they found a house with a functioning water heater.

Douche bag Scott and Bradrick! May have parted ways, but Douche bag Scott needs to remember there is his daughter and grandchildren to consider. Whatever Douche bag Scott does to Bradrick! He is doing to them as well. Douche bag Scott does not like losing control.

Scott says that all of his married children will be at the gathering. This means either A) Scott has disowned Kelly and Peter or B) Kelly and Peter have split up. Both seem highly unlikely to me, but the omission of Kelly from "all of our married children" is glaring and clearly intentional.

Scott says that all of his married children will be at the gathering. This means either A) Scott has disowned Kelly and Peter or B) Kelly and Peter have split up. Both seem highly unlikely to me, but the omission of Kelly from "all of our married children" is glaring and clearly intentional.

I'm thinking when they scrubbed Peter and Kelly out of that paragraph, they just forgot to reword that sentence?

I'm thinking when they scrubbed Peter and Kelly out of that paragraph, they just forgot to reword that sentence?

I hope this is the case, but I doubt it. If whatever is going on was a big enough deal to remove Kelly and Peter's names, wouldn't they also take the care to reword the sentence?

If Kelly and Peter did break up, it would explain why he has been so silent and hasn't dropped us any morsels. Actually, divorce always makes me sad even between couples who obviously shouldn't be together so I wouldn't cheer if they did divorce. However, considering that they were the poster people for perfect courtships, I would find their divorce ironic.

I don't think they divorced. I think Scott Brown is willing to get rid of anyone who gets in his way....including his own child, SIL and grandchildren. Read the stories on Jen's Gems about how he turned Deborah and the children from her own family. Notice that he has the market now on conferences that Dougie used to put on. He is ruthless and his whole empire relies on book sales, conference attendees, etc. Perhaps this move to Washington may be good for them. Just maybe they would question their belief system. And yet again my heart breaks for Kelly. IF this is an estrangement from her father then her whole world is collapsing in front of her and she is powerless to do anything but follow Peter around. Let's hope that things turn around for her and the children.

I don't think they divorced. I think Scott Brown is willing to get rid of anyone who gets in his way....including his own child, SIL and grandchildren. Read the stories on Jen's Gems about how he turned Deborah and the children from her own family. Notice that he has the market now on conferences that Dougie used to put on. He is ruthless and his whole empire relies on book sales, conference attendees, etc. Perhaps this move to Washington may be good for them. Just maybe they would question their belief system. And yet again my heart breaks for Kelly. IF this is an estrangement from her father then her whole world is collapsing in front of her and she is powerless to do anything but follow Peter around. Let's hope that things turn around for her and the children.

Agreed.

Isn't Peter's family in Washington? If so, it might be a good thing for them to move (no, I don't think they divorced or are separated either) so they have the support of Peter's family if indeed Peter is on the outs with his father in law. Yes, I know his family fervently espoused VF too, but Peter's world has seriously fallen apart with this scandal and if he's persona non grata with Scott, he's going to need support from other people that care about him and his family would probably do that.

And yes, after reading about how Deborah turned away her own family and included her own kids in that action, I can see Scott writing off his own daughter and family. He obviously was the one engineering his wife's estrangement and if he can do that to his own wife, then he would have no qualms doing it again with his daughter. Feel bad for Kelly though. She drunk the VF kool aid as deeply as anyone can, was the beautiful VF princess who married a VF big shot, popped out a bunch of kids in short order, she lived the so-called fundie ideal. And now this.

Hmmmmm, inquiring minds want to know.

I'm thinking some kind of fallout between Scotty and BRADRICK!! Didn't Peter's dad have a facebook post recently about Peter, Kelly and the kids being there for his birthday? I'm guessing Peter needed a new start in life, given his recent failures and moved his family. Guessing that didn't sit well with Scotty, whom I'm sure made him aware of his failures on a daily basis......

Deep down, I think Scotty is as evil as Dougie....

Clues as to Peter and Kelly BRADRICK!'s whereabouts, gleaned from various sources on the Interwebz:

From a commenter on Jen's Gems:

Humbled by Grace Says:

February 8, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Peter and Kelly have moved to Washington state and are attending church with Peter’s mom and dad.

From Michael Bradrick's public Facebook page:

January 30

Thank You so very much for all of the wonderful Birthday blessings. It was a very blessed day! Peter, Kelly, and family arrived last night, so the day was filled with lots of sweet birthday blessings both large and very small !!!

From Chris Leclers'c public Instagram page - Leclerc says he is "currently living in Seattle," and this is a comment on a photo he posted this week and labeled "In search of Seattle's best coffee!":

kellyjeannette

If you go to starbucks at the market you will literally stand in line an hour. :)

This last, especially, leads me to believe that P&K have indeed moved to Washington State. Michael and Susan Bradrick live on a farm in Montesano, WA, a rural area due west of Olympia, and a 1 hour 40 minute drive from Seattle. They've probably been doing some sightseeing in the big bad librul city, and I imagine they've seen a few things that made their heads explode...

I agree, it's very telling that ol' Scotty has dropped their names from his annual marriage-fe$t, given that they were always the star attractions. Here's an old LOL from happier times, just for fun.

bigears.jpg

Also is it possible that Peter and Kelly's housing back East might have been VF owned just like Dougie's and he was forced out of there? Particularly after any falling out with his FIL? Am really curious, now.

ETA: Thanks, Marian, your post answers my question about where Peter's parents live. And yes, it's indeed telling that their names have been dropped, they have always been held up as the marriage ideal.

I don't think his house out east would have been VF property. If you belive his linkedin profile, Peter hadn't worked for VF since 2009.

BRADRICK! was a failure and his FIL had to give him a job. No doubt day in and day out Scotty let him remember this. Guessing Peter got sick of it and decided to go home and start anew with his family. Guessing that didn't go over too well with Scotty.

Just to muddy the waters...I don't know if we can assume there's been a falling-out between Scott Brown, Peter and Kelly. Michael and Susan Bradrick are big movers and shakers in Washington State's Christian homeschooling circles. They hold a statewide conference every April, and Scott Brown is one of this year's keynote speakers:

christianheritageonline.org/events/annual-conference/keynote-and-featured-speakers/

Based on what I'm seeing on the conference's webpage, Scotty's doing at least half a dozen conference sessions. Unless something changes.

I don't think his house out east would have been VF property. If you belive his linkedin profile, Peter hadn't worked for VF since 2009.

BRADRICK! was a failure and his FIL had to give him a job. No doubt day in and day out Scotty let him remember this. Guessing Peter got sick of it and decided to go home and start anew with his family. Guessing that didn't go over too well with Scotty.

Oh yes, that's right. He hadn't worked for VF for awhile. Forgot about that but then again, I never took anything he said about himself that seriously.

Here's another thought: maybe they are not listed and they moved because they need to lie low? Perhaps there's things happening around Dougie (like IRS stuff, maybe law enforcement is closing in) that we aren't hearing about that may threaten Peter because of his links to Dougie and this is a way to protect them?

Just to muddy the waters...I don't know if we can assume there's been a falling-out between Scott Brown, Peter and Kelly. Michael and Susan Bradrick are big movers and shakers in Washington State's Christian homeschooling circles. They hold a statewide conference every April, and Scott Brown is one of this year's keynote speakers:

christianheritageonline.org/events/annual-conference/keynote-and-featured-speakers/

Based on what I'm seeing on the conference's webpage, Scotty's doing at least half a dozen conference sessions. Unless something changes.

Also, David Brown is still FB friends with many of the Bradricks, including Peter's parents, Michael & Susan. You know that if Daddy Scott told him to sever connections he would do so in a heartbeat.

The removal of Kelly's & Peter's names from the NCFIC marriage thing does suggest some kind of estrangement though. Agree with those who've said that Scott probably never let a day go by without reminding Peter how beholden he was to his FIL.

On the other hand, given the cutbacks in NCFIC's staff it might be that ol' David is now chief cook, bottle-washer, AND website manager. A poor editing job that removes Peter & Kelly but retains the phrase "all of our married children" would certainly be consistent with a SOTDRT education.

In other VF-related news, it looks like the Chanceys of Africa are awaiting child #11:

Jennie E. Chancey: Merryrose wins the prize! And I've taken my own sweet time announcing this in the midst of having to move countries and such. I'm 24 weeks along with Girl #5.

February 14 at 9:09am

And they've also moved to South Africa, at least for the time being:

Jennie E. Chancey: Erin, we are down in Western Cape, South Africa, while Matt gets his work permit stuff sorted (if he can -- new Kenyan laws are insanely pushing a lot of smaller NGOs and western businesses out of the country....).

February 14 at 10:21am

In other VF-related news, it looks like the Chanceys of Africa are awaiting child #11:

And they've also moved to South Africa, at least for the time being:

How long will it be before Matt and Jennie are back in the US?

I imagine it is likely Peter and Kelly moved here, although certainly not to Seattle (too expensive for them). I'll bet Petey's going to work for his parents with their homeschooling gigs. I can't imagine them fitting in very well in the city -- Seattle is very liberal. Protesting abortion clinics as he is prone to do will probably get his ass kicked.

Pure Internet Speculation:

Whatever Doug did, Peter is now facing similar charges due to aiding and abetting Doug. Scott can't let this taint him, so he cut off Peter and Kelly, forcing them to relocate to the Bradrick family's farm, just to keep a roof over their head. No clue if this is true or not, but something major had to have happened. I don't think it's divorce, or that Kelly is involved in the Doug drama in any direct way.

Archived