IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19831

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19945

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20076

Part 4: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20272

Part 5: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20492

Doug Phillips resigned from Vision Forum after an inappropriate relationship with a woman he claims he did not know in a biblical sense. Vision Forum shut their doors. Jen Epstein and T.W. Eston blogged like there was no tomorrow. Dainty morsels were given.

If anyone has any other pertinent info to add please do so! Otherwise, the saga, and the discussion, continues!

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this on Facebook. A valentine for our puritanical calvanist dominionist types.... Doug Phillips is a Tool :-)

post-181-14451998661127_thumb.jpg

twitter.com/jtitusp

Joshua Phillips' twitter has gone private. I wonder if that means that the family is being careful not to give anything away to us heathens?

twitter.com/jtitusp

Joshua Phillips' twitter has gone private. I wonder if that means that the family is being careful not to give anything away to us heathens?

Maybe he's done some reading on FJ?

Probably. He also has commented on Darby Sproul's twitter so maybe she advised him to go private.

But I thought they wanted to tell the whole world about Jesus...and how wonderful their lives are because of Jesus...or Rushdoony or something? :roll:

I miss Doug Phillips is a Tool's Gaffes. They brought levity to my life.

But I thought they wanted to tell the whole world about Jesus...and how wonderful their lives are because of Jesus...or Rushdoony or something? :roll:

Well, they do until people snark on them.

Jesus asks them to harass women at Planned Parenthood but He would never ever ask them to tolerate FJ snark.

Well, they do until people snark on them.

Jesus asks them to harass women at Planned Parenthood but He would never ever ask them to tolerate FJ snark.

I would have to go back and reread the old thread, but I don't remember our snark on Joshua being that bad, at all. We have tended to be less harsh with the Phillips children than with the parents.

Do they read here or do we have a person who tattle tells to fundies when their names are mentioned?

If Joshua reads here I would tell him, "Look you have some advantages that lots of young men don't. You are relatively nice looking, don't seem stupid and come from some financial security. Go to a community college and learn a trade or use it as a stepping stone for college. Non Christians aren't evil heathens who want to destroy you but neither do we want you to destroy our way of lives by forcing us to accept your beliefs. See the world without the protection of your father's belief system. Find friends who aren't Christian Reconstructionists or even Christians. "

Kim C's Life in a Shoe blog is finally back online, she says that "8 years’ of posts are back on the blog! I think, hope, pray and believe that they are finally scrubbed clean of the viruses that have plagued my blog for the last several years ..."

A cynical part of me wonders if Kim took the opportunity to scrub the blog of Vision Forum references...

... do we have a person who tattle tells to fundies when their names are mentioned?

Quite possibly. There is someone who says she has done this.

I would have to go back and reread the old thread, but I don't remember our snark on Joshua being that bad, at all. We have tended to be less harsh with the Phillips children than with the parents.

Do they read here or do we have a person who tattle tells to fundies when their names are mentioned?

If Joshua reads here I would tell him, "Look you have some advantages that lots of young men don't. You are relatively nice looking, don't seem stupid and come from some financial security. Go to a community college and learn a trade or use it as a stepping stone for college. Non Christians aren't evil heathens who want to destroy you but neither do we want you to destroy our way of lives by forcing us to accept your beliefs. See the world without the protection of your father's belief system. Find friends who aren't Christian Reconstructionists or even Christians. "

Actually, I had Ms. Darby Sproul in mind. She's had quite the hobby of harassing women at Planned Parenthood & similar places, complete with bragging about it on FB and egging others on to doing this particular bit of the "the Lord's work."

OTOH, when the FJ snark thread on Ms. Darby's engagement started, she -- clearly reading here -- got all huffy, made a flounce-like statement on her FB page saying that she'd have to stop talking about her engagement & wedding because persecution. Naturally, there was a resounding chorus of oh-nos from her sycophants.

Yes, there are tattlers but a number of them read here themselves as well.

Darby Sproul came here to comment on a thread pertaining to her late mother's final illness: search.php?author_id=1411&sr=posts

Jordan Muela has posted more commentary on church abuse situations and it has generated some interesting discussion, my apologies if this has already been seen!

www. facebook.com/jordanmuela?fref=ts

Is this how you break a link?!

twitter.com/jtitusp

I know this is off-topic, but at first glance his twitter handle always looks like "J Tits Up" to me.

Sorry, just had to say that. Carry on. :whistle:

I know this is off-topic, but at first glance his twitter handle always looks like "J Tits Up" to me.

Sorry, just had to say that. Carry on. :whistle:

Hahaha, ME TOO. I just didn't want to say it because it seemed a little too petty to mention within my first 10 posts...

Jordan Muela has posted more commentary on church abuse situations and it has generated some interesting discussion, my apologies if this has already been seen!

www. facebook.com/jordanmuela?fref=ts

Paul Dorr wrote a scathing reply about Doug Phillips. He was a friend of Howard Phillips, and a childhood friend of Geoff Botkin.

Paul Dorr wrote a scathing reply about Doug Phillips. He was a friend of Howard Phillips, and a childhood friend of Geoff Botkin.

Where is Dorr's reply - on Muela's FB page or elsewhere?

Where is Dorr's reply - on Muela's FB page or elsewhere?

It's under the Note "How Silence Enables Abuse" which appears on the left side of his page.

It's under the Note "How Silence Enables Abuse" which appears on the left side of his page.

Thanks! Wow - he's on fire.

Of course, Jen has to comment and make this all about her...again. Since I'm sure she reads here- Jen, what happened to you was wrong, but it is nothing compared to any kind of sexual abuse Doug Phillips is a Tool likely perpetrated. Trying to lump yourself with sexual abuse survivors is cruel, juvenile, and reprehensible.

Hahaha, ME TOO. I just didn't want to say it because it seemed a little too petty to mention within my first 10 posts...

SAME! I was wondering if there was a "Girls Gone Wild" connection and getting super confused by it all lol

I'm just going to come out and say it. I believe without a doubt we have a few moles. I also think these moles are somewhat active posters, and not just lurkers. I don't know who these moles are, nor do I care. We can't blame some of the vague references to FJ, fundie blogs and Facebook pages being scrubbed or going private on them finding this site.

I'm just going to come out and say it. I believe without a doubt we have a few moles. I also think these moles are somewhat active posters, and not just lurkers. I don't know who these moles are, nor do I care. We can't blame some of the vague references to FJ, fundie blogs and Facebook pages being scrubbed or going private on them finding this site.

But the forum is open for guests to see now too, no? There's not even a need for 'moles' when nothing is confidential and the blogger in question could just come over on her/his own under a non-active name or just visit without registering. Besides you know the more 'popular' bloggers have Google Alerts for their own names! h :lol:

From Dorr

my suggestion is that his Lt. Colonel's (those little pretend secret service agents who ran around with him and treated him like royalty) and the peers of Doug Phillips all must issue their letters of repentance for their blindness and acquiescence to his vain pride.

Wow. I am glad that some people saw through the Doug Phillips facade but I wish that they had spoken out before this all happened. It is also interesting that he mentions laughing over Phillips efforts to push 'manliness' He also mentions spousal abuse. I am not certain if he is suggesting that some abuse might occur in the Phillips household or that spousal abuse is ignored in some Christian Reconstructionist churches but it obviously upsets him very much.(Which it should)

Archived