IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

But the Haiti trip was back in 2010 -- that's not where he's at right now (well, who really knows, but doubtful).

There were a lot of awful photos of him and Dougie in Haiti, all making them look like such manly men when these poor people just wanted them to shut up and help them with shelter, clean water, and food. There was one photo of Dougie talking to some Haitian youth and the caption was something along the lines of "do you know where you go when you die?", as if that was even the slightest bit appropriate in the wake of such a disaster, where these kids had likely lost relatives. Doug Phillips is a Tool. And so is Peter Bradrick!

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also on Scotty's blog, he has a plea for donations on Feb 7th:

"Here is great news for Jonathan Park fans. Pat and Sandy Roy (the writers, creators and producers) have quickly assembled a talented team to save Jonathan Park, as a result of the closing of Vision Forum Ministries. But they need your help. To learn more about how you can be part of the team to save Jonathan Park, go to..." etc etc

So... Where will these (not-tax-deductible) donations end up? To pay Jonathan's bail out of the VF jail, right? But VF is dead, right? (or maybe not)

Scotty pretends he has nothing to do with VF or its closing-- when this very moment-- who's running it? Why doesn't he, in the spirit of Christian charity, simply sign over Jonathan's rights to the "team" for free? Only 2 possible reasons. 1: To fleece some more sheep. or 2: To pay off creditors. IF the answer is 2:, I can think of a certain rich man (JL), who could do so today. (BTW, who on planet earth had the power to "fire" Dougie? Only the man who "hired" him to begin with.) JL could say 'I brought Dougie in, and I was a fool, 'cause he was a tool, so, as Paul wrote to Philemon, "But if he has wronged you in any way or owes you anything, charge that to my account".'

But he won't-- so-- keep those gifts coming in, now, ya hear!

Those posts have been showing up on Nathanial Darnell's threads too.

perseveronews.com/save-jonathan-park/

Those posts have been showing up on Nathanial Darnell's threads too.

perseveronews.com/save-jonathan-park/

I'm pretty sure other people besides JL didn't get all the money that VF likely owed them. Liquidation sale means something...

I noticed that all of the VF merchandise I've collected was copyrighted by VF Ministries, not VF inc. All of it. The CD's, books, DVD's, Conference recordings, etc. Legally speaking, VF ministries had the authority to revoke the right for Doug to sell any of that material, leaving him only with the Made-In-China kiddie toys as product. He had no option but to close, if that is indeed what happened. This also means that all of the product rights remain in the hands of the VF board, which seems to be under the direction of Scott Brown. Scotty has everyone financially by the balls at this point. I'm now very certain that all of the VF ministries money, including the sale of Jonathon Park, will be rolled into NCFIC (and indirectly into Scott's pockets).

I bet Doug is so furious he could spit. He got outwitted and shut down by his own creation (Scott Brown). This makes me reflect on Peter's role in all of this. It's noteworthy that Scott was not in the team that confronted Doug. Instead, Peter seems to have been sent as a representative of the Bradrick/Browns. By all accounts, that meeting was incredibly ugly. Could Scott have thrown Peter under the bus somehow? Did he find a way to misdirect all of Doug's wrath on to Peter, while he (Scott) quietly absconded with the entire empire?

Something pissed off Peter enough to cause them to shut down their Facebook accounts and jump time zones, while Kelly is supposedly pregnant, none the less. My working theory is that Scott betrayed Peter in a horrific way, and is getting away with it. He has so much blackmail material and financial assets that Doug and Peter can't even put up a fight.

In a way, I almost pity Peter. He's a dim-witted, overly enthusiastic lap dog, who is just a pawn for whichever male authority figure he's idolizing at the time. He's in way over his head this time.

That's a really interesting analysis.

Making baseless internet speculations and playing armchair psychologist happen to be two of my favorite pastimes.

If you were about to confront someone like Doug over an issue as big as adultery (and who knows what else), wouldn't you want to send your heaviest hitter? Someone with a vested interest in the situation, and someone on Doug's level educationally and theologically? This is an issue that shut down a company and caused dozens of people to lose their jobs, and ruined the reputation of several people. Wouldn't Scott Brown be the most appropriate person to address this matter? Instead, it was Peter that was sent. That's like putting a toothless Chihuahua against a rabid German Shepherd. Under no circumstance could that ever have ended well. It was a decision so stupid that it almost had to be intentional. It's very possible that Scott intentionally sacrificed Peter for his own gain.

The whole story that Braderick! and Scotty pedaled about being blindsided by revelations of Doug's infidelity a short time (a week?) before his public admission has holes big enough to drive a truck through.

Fact: he stepped down as Elder at BCA a year ago, after admitting an inappropriate relationship. That was 9 months before he resigned from VF.

Fact: Fundie communities are hotbeds of gossip. Even *if* the affair at BCA had been handled in a 'delicate' manner (by which I mean, hushed up and the most incriminating evidence swept under the carpet), there is absolutely no possibility that men as closely tied to Dougie's business and personal interests as Braderick! and Snake-in-the-grass Scotty didnt hear of it and didnt make a conscious decision that they felt it was appropriate for him to carry on as CEO and the public face of VF.

Either Doug's affair was far more complicated than a simple cigar trick, or what they were blindsided by wasn't an inappropriate relationship.

Which is a long winded way of saying: I would be surprised if using Braderick! as a disposable pawn WASN'T Scotty's deliberate tactic. It's also worth remembering that Braderick! was simply a friend and (ex?) employee. It was Scott Brown who had authority and was a member of the board.

Unless, of course, it was a Matthew 18 thing (the official way fundies are supposed to handle complaints: if your brother sins against you, confront him personally and escalate from there.) In which case, whatever Braderick! confronted Doug about was an offense against Braderick! personally.

Peter's parents have trained him from birth to be a lemming. First time obedience, rod of correction, absolutely never allowing a person on the bottom to question an elder, homeschool....all this stuff is Braddrick pere and mere's bread and butter. It was all applied to Peter and here is the result- a manboy to be used and discarded who has no critical thinking skills but arrogance in spades.

That's a really interesting analysis.

Agree, and one of the first things that ran through my head upon reading Bradrick!'s confrontation was why other VF big shots weren't with him. Actually Peter should have been the last person to have been sent.

Agree, and one of the first things that ran through my head upon reading Bradrick!'s confrontation was why other VF big shots weren't with him. Actually Peter should have been the last person to have been sent.

Unless Bradrick!'s a loose cannon and went on his own. He seems a bit hot-headed and ruled by emotion.

I noticed that all of the VF merchandise I've collected was copyrighted by VF Ministries, not VF inc. All of it. The CD's, books, DVD's, Conference recordings, etc. Legally speaking, VF ministries had the authority to revoke the right for Doug to sell any of that material, leaving him only with the Made-In-China kiddie toys as product. He had no option but to close, if that is indeed what happened. This also means that all of the product rights remain in the hands of the VF board, which seems to be under the direction of Scott Brown. Scotty has everyone financially by the balls at this point. I'm now very certain that all of the VF ministries money, including the sale of Jonathon Park, will be rolled into NCFIC (and indirectly into Scott's pockets).

I bet Doug is so furious he could spit. He got outwitted and shut down by his own creation (Scott Brown). This makes me reflect on Peter's role in all of this. It's noteworthy that Scott was not in the team that confronted Doug. Instead, Peter seems to have been sent as a representative of the Bradrick/Browns. By all accounts, that meeting was incredibly ugly. Could Scott have thrown Peter under the bus somehow? Did he find a way to misdirect all of Doug's wrath on to Peter, while he (Scott) quietly absconded with the entire empire?

Something pissed off Peter enough to cause them to shut down their Facebook accounts and jump time zones, while Kelly is supposedly pregnant, none the less. My working theory is that Scott betrayed Peter in a horrific way, and is getting away with it. He has so much blackmail material and financial assets that Doug and Peter can't even put up a fight.

In a way, I almost pity Peter. He's a dim-witted, overly enthusiastic lap dog, who is just a pawn for whichever male authority figure he's idolizing at the time. He's in way over his head this time.

Interesting analysis indeed, mnwnwmwmn. For the longest time, I thought Scotty and BRADRICK! were a team, but your explanation makes sense. I actually feel sorry for Kelly in all this if that is the case -- betrayed by Dougie, then betrayed by her own father, leaving her (idiot) husband to drag her across the country to run home to Daddy B. I hope that's not the case (the relationship between her and her father ruined), but it very well could be.

I want someone to respond to the marriage conference announcement and ask them why Peter and Kelly (the royal couple) won't be there. I haven't revisited the page -- is there any kind of public forum for questions regarding the conference?

Peter's parents have trained him from birth to be a lemming. First time obedience, rod of correction, absolutely never allowing a person on the bottom to question an elder, homeschool....all this stuff is Braddrick pere and mere's bread and butter. It was all applied to Peter and here is the result- a manboy to be used and discarded who has no critical thinking skills but arrogance in spades.

Describes every evangelical fundie man I ever met!

I doubt there is any kind of Q&A or discussion forum. These people really aren't too keen on open discussion. They aren't keen on discussion, period. I'd love to hear Kelly's take on all of this, but that will never happen. She's amazingly discrete, especially in contrast to the other fundie maidens. It's unfortunate, because she's one of the people I find most interesting. Most of the fundie bloggers just rehash the same insipid "above rubies", "keeper at home", "submit!", "I love my daddy!", "Titus 2" bullshit. I bet Kelly has some real tender morsels to share. She's in the thick of it all and she is reportedly hard core in her beliefs. Her utter silence both impresses and frustrates me.

Unless Bradrick!'s a loose cannon and went on his own. He seems a bit hot-headed and ruled by emotion.

Agree that that is another possibility. He decided to handle this on his own either over Dougie's indiscretions or some other issue between them. Maybe Petey's radio silence and subsequent move to the other side of the country was Scotty's doing because he is a loose cannon.

mnwmnwmnwww (love your handle, even if I can't remember it!), your analysis is intriguing! Did anybody think to keep a copy of Poor Petey's initial hand-wringing FB post? I'm almost sure he wrote of being one of a group of menz who met with Doug Phillips Is A Tool when Doug called him a betrayer and something else. Oh! How I wish I'd saved that somewhere.

It probably does us all well to remember that no matter how wealthy and powerful Brownie seems to be, his wealth almost certainly is eclipsed into literal obscurity by Jim Leininger's. Who's really in charge? Follow the money.

My guess is that while Leininger could purchase J.Park and donate it to the originators with the change he's got in his pocket (well, maybe not that much in-pocket!!!), he's told Scott and others like Evil Jakey G (government name: Nathaniel Darnell) to see how good THEY are at raising the bucks.

mnwmnwmnwww (love your handle, even if I can't remember it!), your analysis is intriguing! Did anybody think to keep a copy of Poor Petey's initial hand-wringing FB post? I'm almost sure he wrote of being one of a group of menz who met with Doug Phillips Is A Tool when Doug called him a betrayer and something else. Oh! How I wish I'd saved that somewhere.

It probably does us all well to remember that no matter how wealthy and powerful Brownie seems to be, his wealth almost certainly is eclipsed into literal obscurity by Jim Leininger's. Who's really in charge? Follow the money.

My guess is that while Leininger could purchase J.Park and donate it to the originators with the change he's got in his pocket (well, maybe not that much in-pocket!!!), he's told Scott and others like Evil Jakey G (government name: Nathaniel Darnell) to see how good THEY are at raising the bucks.

"The past decade of my life has been defined by my close relationship with my mentor and former spiritual father. Those who know me recognize my longstanding, fierce commitment to his family, his work, and his legacy. As soon as I caught wind of what was going on, I became very involved in working towards fulfilling the duties of friendship and brotherhood – to confront a man who has been like a father to me for a third of my life and plead with him to truthfully confess, and to genuinely take responsibility for longstanding betrayal of everything we had fought together for with the hope of ultimate restoration.

Friends... truth and justice are mercy. Covering sin is not mercy. (Proverbs 28:13, “He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.â€) This was the message of the men that joined me to go in person to plead with him. Men he’s called “bosom brothersâ€, son’s in the Lord, close friends, and a mentor of his. What for us was a tender, emotional, mission of mercy and plea for true repentance was met with something, and by someone I never could have imagined. Instead of being received as the “wounds of a friend†(Proverbs 27:6), I was formally disowned and declared to be a “destroyer†to my face.

There is no way to describe the soul crushing blow I was dealt that day and it's overall impact on my life. It's was like experiencing the scene from Braveheart… where William Wallace finds out he's been betrayed by Robert the Bruce, over and over again. Walking away from that meeting, I couldn’t speak for hours I was so stunned. I am still physically, emotionally and spiritually broken and asking God to give me wisdom. I know many people are so very hurt and confused regarding what has transpired and my prayer for myself, my family, and everyone involved is that we look to Christ alone with hearts of love, mercy, and repentance seeking to root out the sin in our own lives. Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted."

Posted Wednesday, November 27 -- not sure if this was his original post or not, but I saved it.

WonderingInWA, you are my favorite!!!

Thank you.

... the men that joined me to go in person to plead with him. Men he’s called “bosom brothersâ€, son’s in the Lord, close friends, and a mentor of his. What for us was a tender, emotional, mission of mercy ...

Yep, he didn't go alone. I would give $100 to know who his traveling companions were. PS, I'd give that $100 to any food pantry, not to BRADRICK! by any means.

OH, also: Do we know that Kelly's with-child, again?

Also also, and I don't mean to take this off-topic, does anyone else think it odd that we hardly ever saw photos of BRADRICK!CHILD#5, Michael Courageous or whatever he was called? Lost Boy In The Making, I think.

WonderingInWA, you are my favorite!!!

Thank you.

Yep, he didn't go alone. I would give $100 to know who his traveling companions were. PS, I'd give that $100 to any food pantry, not to BRADRICK! by any means.

OH, also: Do we know that Kelly's with-child, again?

Also also, and I don't mean to take this off-topic, does anyone else think it odd that we hardly ever saw photos of BRADRICK!CHILD#5, Michael Courageous or whatever he was called? Lost Boy In The Making, I think.

Thanks, MJB! :)

Yep, after your 4th child, I think the camera comes out a bit less. The first 3 were boys and got photographed a lot, then there was Geneva Convention and by being a girl, she only got a few very cute snapshots. And then that last one I think was lucky anyone ever remembered to feed him. And I think someone here on the board said they saw Kelly a few months back and she was obviously pregnant, so must be anytime now.

Didn't Joe Morecraft go with Peter on this ill-fated "come to Jesus" meeting with Doug Phillips Is A Tool?

ETA: from Jen's Gems (usual caveats apply):

By September 2013 Scott Brown and the Vision Forum board members were informed of Doug’s cheating, either directly or indirectly. Pastor Joe Morecraft and Peter Bradrick flew to San Antonio in the later part of October to confront Doug Phillips for his sin. As Peter Bradrick articulated on his Facebook, things didn’t go well. However, they did go exactly as anyone should expect when confronting a sociopathic narcissist. The Notice Of Resignation followed shortly thereafter.

(jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/doug-phillips-affair-or-criminal-clergy-sexual-abuse/)

Didn't Joe Morecraft go with Peter on this ill-fated "come to Jesus" meeting with Doug Phillips Is A Tool?

I believe he did, but if I am remembering correctly it was it was just the two of them. Given the repercussions for VF as a whole I was surprised there wasn't more involvement from others including Scotty. And Scotty should have known better than to merely send his SIL as his "representative". He should have known how Dougie would react because I don't believe for a moment that Scotty hasn't witnessed one or more of the Tool's rages at one point or another. And he should have known that Dougie would have totally steamrolled Bradrick!.

Thanks, MJB! :)

Yep, after your 4th child, I think the camera comes out a bit less. The first 3 were boys and got photographed a lot, then there was Geneva Convention and by being a girl, she only got a few very cute snapshots. And then that last one I think was lucky anyone ever remembered to feed him. And I think someone here on the board said they saw Kelly a few months back and she was obviously pregnant, so must be anytime now.

Early December, she was visibly pregnant, but not huge. My guess would be four months. And the fact she was expecting was talked about, so I'm not just speculating. She could have been less far along since she was SO thin, but I really think she was about 16-18 weeks then. When I said something about it on here, I didn't realize it wasn't already public knowledge.

I believe he did, but if I am remembering correctly it was it was just the two of them. Given the repercussions for VF as a whole I was surprised there wasn't more involvement from others including Scotty. And Scotty should have known better than to merely send his SIL as his "representative". He should have known how Dougie would react because I don't believe for a moment that Scotty hasn't witnessed one or more of the Tool's rages at one point or another. And he should have known that Dougie would have totally steamrolled Bradrick!.

Yes, and then didn't Bob Renaud join them when they went to confront Doug at his house?

Yes, and then didn't Bob Renaud join them when they went to confront Doug at his house?

I think it was in comments on Bradrick!'s FB that Bob Renaud (don't know anything about hin) mentioned "We" went. And I think there was a 4th guy, though that may only have been from Jen. I DO remember very clearly, and this is the "kicker", that either Bob or the 4th guy commented something like "when we confronted him ***THIS*** month", which was NOVEMBER, AFTER toolo'ween! Petey did not correct him, but IIRC, the comment disappeared prior to the FB disappearing. At least I couldn't find it later when I tried. Maybe someone saved the comments from the week after Petey's post?

Archived