IGNORED

Doug Phillips is a Tool and Vision Forum is Dead - Part 6

happy atheist

I remember Petie's mother crying about it all. It must have been something major and if he was getting kicked out of FIL's fiefdom perhaps she had a reason to be upset.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darby is a Douchey byotch. Seriously, Darby the Douchecanoe.

Here here. I can't stand Darby, she's such a sanctimonious self righteous little bitch, sitting in her sheltered little bubble of privilege and judging and harassing grown women for the choices they make about their own bodies.

In other VF-related news, it looks like the Chanceys of Africa are awaiting child #11:

And they've also moved to South Africa, at least for the time being:

Those poor South Africans. They have to put up with with the likes of the Chancey's. And another innocent child born into fundieland. :pray:

Pure Internet Speculation:

Whatever Doug did, Peter is now facing similar charges due to aiding and abetting Doug. Scott can't let this taint him, so he cut off Peter and Kelly, forcing them to relocate to the Bradrick family's farm, just to keep a roof over their head. No clue if this is true or not, but something major had to have happened. I don't think it's divorce, or that Kelly is involved in the Doug drama in any direct way.

Yes, if Doug dragged Peter down with him legally, that would explain his mom's post, his going to Doug's when he did, vs earlier when apparently the Boerne church was starting to deal With Dough, and his complete radio silence in the last few weeks. After all, you don't have to turn off Facebook when you move, that is the point of cloud computing.

I can totally see Scott being greedy and narcissistic enough to throw his family to the wolves should they get in the way of his dominionizing. (see what I did there?) It's all about the money and power for these people, family is expendable. His ego may be misleading him though. In that world, Kelly and Peter are bigger stars than Scott and Deborah. He's losing the cash cows of his marriage retreat. A major transgression must have occurred for them to part ways.

The transgression could be on Scott's behalf, but I'm leaning more towards Peter at this point. His exuberance and blind loyalty have probably led to some very poor decisions on his part. Unlike Doug, he's not slick enough (or powerful enough) to cover up his misdeeds.

Sigh, VF drama is my favorite soap opera. The best part of my day is sitting down to read FJ and catch up on "my stories". For a group that sells a lifestyle that is based on having it all figured out, they sure bring the drama, mystery, and betrayal. The suspense is terrible. I hope it lasts. :twisted:

Just imagine if Doug the Crazy Ass Tool was a televangelist. It would be like Jim Baker and PTL all over again.

Pure Internet Speculation:

Whatever Doug did, Peter is now facing similar charges due to aiding and abetting Doug. Scott can't let this taint him, so he cut off Peter and Kelly, forcing them to relocate to the Bradrick family's farm, just to keep a roof over their head. No clue if this is true or not, but something major had to have happened. I don't think it's divorce, or that Kelly is involved in the Doug drama in any direct way.

This is what I think. The "inappropriate relationship" is either a diversion or a euphamism for something much worse. Bradrick's anguished FB postings indicate that some third party was injured by his actions or his inability to act. This lifestyle is only good at breeding sheep, whether it's victims or robots who are "only following orders."

This is what I think. The "inappropriate relationship" is either a diversion or a euphamism for something much worse. Bradrick's anguished FB postings indicate that some third party was injured by his actions or his inability to act. This lifestyle is only good at breeding sheep, whether it's victims or robots who are "only following orders."

Agree also. Peter has reacted pretty badly to all this, along with his mother's postings being all heartbroken over the situation, so suspected right there that some of Dougie's shenanigans are impacting Peter. He blindly followed his master and now maybe he's finding himself in some trouble because of it.

It's much less fun, but perhaps they just don't want to fly back east for a conference when they've just gotten moved?

If that were the case, Scott would have posted something like "We're sad that Peter and Kelly couldn't join us for this momentous event, as they're settling in at their new home in Washington."

It's much less fun, but perhaps they just don't want to fly back east for a conference when they've just gotten moved?

There would be less speculation if they just came clean. Their silence actually fuels rumors and is foolish on their part. Transparency, even when painful, is usually the best way to avoid further problems.

(The banner ad when I logged in was for PETER AND THE STARCATCHER -- snerk!)

Were this all just a case of Peter moving back to WA and hooking up with his father's family business, having done nothing during his hookup with his father-in-law's family business, then he and Kelly easily could be included in the MARRIAGES! conference by some kind of teleconferencing/skyping. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!

Nope, I'd say there's a big chill, if not outright animosity, between Brown & Bradrick about now.

ETA: May the Mississippi freeze over on the 28th. Why, you ask? Because on the Missouri side, there's going to be a vortex of Dominionistic Christian [sic] Leaders - Rev. Dr. Serven will have his Men's Advance with guest speaker Scott Brown, and before that starts, Brownie will be leading a lunch conference for manly menz who lead father idolizing family-integrated churches, sponsored by the Reformation Christian Assembly (reformationchristian.com/) which is led by Ford, Zes and a Martin.

Gosh, maybe the sparkly manchild Jordan Niednagel will be there, with his grim-reaper-cute father-in-law Pa Thomas! Heaven knows the fams all gather a lot with the Zes zealots.

Ah, dammit. If only I were braver. I'd register, dress in man-drag and attend.

Hello, Snarkers! As some of you might guess, I'm rather new, so I'll begin with one short snark. In announcing his lunch conference, Brownie begins, "This year, as I am traveling to different geographies I will be meeting..." Traveling to different geographies!?!? Who talks like this? Btw-- I don't really think y'all are heading' to the hot place......

From personal experience, not with these fundies, but closer to home it could be as simple as a philosphical difference that petey refuses to submit to. The fundie world I was exposed to was so unforgiving of any differences of opinion even theoretical ones. They've got the love love love love down in their hearts, yah, the super conditional kind you might get from a mean clique in high school. They just don't know they're acting like that because they'be never been.

Also on Scotty's blog, he has a plea for donations on Feb 7th:

"Here is great news for Jonathan Park fans. Pat and Sandy Roy (the writers, creators and producers) have quickly assembled a talented team to save Jonathan Park, as a result of the closing of Vision Forum Ministries. But they need your help. To learn more about how you can be part of the team to save Jonathan Park, go to..." etc etc

So... Where will these (not-tax-deductible) donations end up? To pay Jonathan's bail out of the VF jail, right? But VF is dead, right? (or maybe not)

Scotty pretends he has nothing to do with VF or its closing-- when this very moment-- who's running it? Why doesn't he, in the spirit of Christian charity, simply sign over Jonathan's rights to the "team" for free? Only 2 possible reasons. 1: To fleece some more sheep. or 2: To pay off creditors. IF the answer is 2:, I can think of a certain rich man (JL), who could do so today. (BTW, who on planet earth had the power to "fire" Dougie? Only the man who "hired" him to begin with.) JL could say 'I brought Dougie in, and I was a fool, 'cause he was a tool, so, as Paul wrote to Philemon, "But if he has wronged you in any way or owes you anything, charge that to my account".'

But he won't-- so-- keep those gifts coming in, now, ya hear!

In announcing his lunch conference, Brownie begins, "This year, as I am traveling to different geographies I will be meeting..." Traveling to different geographies!?!? Who talks like this?

Who does this? People who keep the thesaurus open the whole time they are writing something in Word, because heaven forbid they speak or write like a mere mortal. Instead, they come off sounding like insecure pompous assholes from the SOTDRT.

BTW, welcome!

Yeah, using long fancy words in normal conversation does not come across as intelligent. It comes across as ignorant, arrogant, and laughable because people are too busy trying to not laugh at you and no longer care about what you were trying to say. This is a lesson some of my co-workers need to learn. The client just wants their damn stuff to work, they don't care what it's called. Just fix it so they can get back to work.

Oh, this is weird – I went to do my morning check on Brownie's blog and this is where Google took me:

ncfic.org/blog/posts/haiti-update-sharing-the-gospel

Hello, Peter!!!

Geographies does not mean places.

*headdesk*

Next, he can change it into a verb. "This summer, shall I geographize at the beach, the mountains, or with groups of leaders? I can't decide. Prithee helpest thou me!"

BRADRICK!!11!!! Are you ready to lead in a crisis? I guess not.

BRADRICK!!11!!! Are you ready to lead in a crisis? I guess not.

Well, we know he wasn't exactly leading during the Dougie crisis. That's the closest that Bradrick! has come to being in a crisis in spite of the manly menz talk and wide stances over the years.

Archived