IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

I have more sympathy for 2nd generation fundies than the ones who chose to be in it. Anna perpetuates the movement because that's what she was raised to do and she was told that anything else is evil.

It's true. You can see how naive she is and she can't do anything without Josh. She was only really taught how to be a wife/mom... which means gallavanting around on this publicity tour!

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joy looks annoyed. She clearly didn't want to be there.

I don't think any of them did. I have never seen such a miserable bunch of people. I don't see why they had to drag the whole family along, especially when theres kids who all look completely bored and two of them fell asleep during it.

All of the kids are sick of this. It'd be nice if the adult children were given a choice on whether or not they wanted to participate. They're pretty much forced.

Joy looks annoyed. She clearly didn't want to be there.

If anyone is going to "escape," it's going to be Joy I believe. She always seems resentful, ever since she had to start her wife training. She used to be so full of life. Maybe she is also bitter because she wasn't included in the book. It's like she can't play with the younger boys any more but also doesn't fit in with the older girls. (but i doubt she cares about the book)

And all of the kids were definitely tired, they are not morning people to begin with and it wasn't really fair for them to have to go. Doubt they are seeing any money from the show, appearances, or book, so why should they be there to promote it?

I don't think any of them did. I have never seen such a miserable bunch of people. I don't see why they had to drag the whole family along, especially when theres kids who all look completely bored and two of them fell asleep during it.

Michael strikes me as a grumpy kid. But yeah...the general mood of this bunch looks like misery. Why did the whole family have to go along on this tour? Couldn't have the "older girls" gone alone? Or Jim Bob and the older girls? As for Michelle, she looks like she slept in her clothes. Anna's face looks different. Is she jumping on the tanner bandwagon?

Michael strikes me as a grumpy kid. But yeah...the general mood of this bunch looks like misery. Why did the whole family have to go along on this tour? Couldn't have the "older girls" gone alone? Or Jim Bob and the older girls? As for Michelle, she looks like she slept in her clothes. Anna's face looks different. Is she jumping on the tanner bandwagon?

I don't know if Anna has jumped on the particular bandwagon or not, but I don't think that pulling her hair back is flattering on her. I'm not opposed to a woman (or a guy, for that matter!) wearing their hair pulled back, but it's not for everyone.

I was actually thinking the opposite... that she looks really good with her hair pulled back like that. I guess beauty really is subjective.

I was actually thinking the opposite... that she looks really good with her hair pulled back like that. I guess beauty really is subjective.

I thought she looked much more sophisticated. Less corn fed and crunchy curls. Maybe the other ladies at the FRC are giving her some pointers on how to style herself to look more professional.

^ jill teaching someone to dance? hahahahaha.... but dancing is defrauding, so i guess jill is 'teaching' someone how to defraud anothers!

I thought she looked much more sophisticated. Less corn fed and crunchy curls. Maybe the other ladies at the FRC are giving her some pointers on how to style herself to look more professional.

i thought wearing your hair pulled back was a big no-no in fundieland. or maybe it was an assumption, seeing as we never see any fundie females with their hair in a pony tail, bun, braids, etc.

^ jill teaching someone to dance? hahahahaha.... but dancing is defrauding, so i guess jill is 'teaching' someone how to defraud anothers!

i thought wearing your hair pulled back was a big no-no in fundieland. or maybe it was an assumption, seeing as we never see any fundie females with their hair in a pony tail, bun, braids, etc.

Anna (Marie) Maxwell wears her hair back all the time.

I think I've seen all the older Duggar girls except Jinger with their hair in a ponytail. Joy wore the side pony for something like 2 years.

theduggarfamily19 Jill teaching Sara @sarahaines how to dance! #sarahaines #Jillduggar #duggarfamily #duggars #19kids #19kidsandcounting #tlc #family #fun #socialcircle #GMA #abcnews 21h

http://web.stagram.com/p/67473186922244 ... UvKt6ot.99

If they had done their research at ABC, they would know the Duggars don't allow dancing. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome, but it's a bit shitty to advertise it to the whole world that Jill broke the rules imo

Hope she doesn't get shamed too much by the rest of the family for it. Jill seems like a nice person who genuinely means well and wants to make others happy. I think if her parents told her off for it and said she was defrauding men and causing people to sin, she would be really upset.

I know of a fundie woman who was fasting, but was a guest at a church and they prepared cheeseburgers for her when she arrived to do a speaking engagement. She ate the cheeseburger just to be nice, becuase although she was fasting it was the right thing to do to be polite. So maybe the Duggars are ok wih Jill just joking around lightheartedly to be polite if the woman started dancing with her.

I can see them brushing it off... since it was with another woman, it wasn't 'suggestive' and it would probably be interpreted as an innocent 'mistake'. Dancing is such a natural and positive human behaviour, I think the ban on any and all dancing is weirdly one of the things that bothers me the most about the Duggars and other fundies. I'd guess Jill won't get in trouble for it, though.

I can see them brushing it off... since it was with another woman, it wasn't 'suggestive' and it would probably be interpreted as an innocent 'mistake'. Dancing is such a natural and positive human behaviour, I think the ban on any and all dancing is weirdly one of the things that bothers me the most about the Duggars and other fundies. I'd guess Jill won't get in trouble for it, though.

I doubt they brushed it off. Remember little Jackson moving to the music of a toy and JB stopping him.

Yeah Anna looks tanner. And her face has changed shape since she got invisalign. :D

Weren't they just FL? Maybe the tan is from that trip!

What sucks is that this family has been making the rounds on all of these talk shows/news shows and NOT ONE person has asked about the connection to Bill Gothard. I know we were all hoping some reporter/journalist would blow their connection to him wide open in the mainstream media. I just don't understand WHY no one will expose them. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Archived