IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

Guys, did anyone see Jill "dancing" on GMA this morning? I just saw these pics as I was scrolling through my tumblr dashboard. I'd be willing to bet it's the only time Jill has ever "danced" in her life. It's the 2nd and 3rd pics in the set, you can see her in the background dancing with one of the hosts (who's in a bathrobe no less!). I'm laughing so hard at this. JB turns his back, and suddenly Jill is dancing with a woman. I love it.

duggars.tumblr.com/post/79257987347/in-the-new-gma-social-room-source-josh-ig-and

Also, I'm sure this has already been mentioned here, but WHY THE HELL can't these older girls who are all adults not be interviewed for their own book by themselves without their parents and entire fucking family present. I mean, I know why, but it still just irritates me to no end. Ridiculous!

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi. I kept thinking that once the trip is over, JD will go to JB and say that she is the one. :lol:

So not one of the other Duggar adults wanted to hold Josie? A non family member gets a front row spot in the family line up,. The interviewers didn't even noticed there was a non Duggar there. I could see that maybe there is a very special friendship going on with her and JD.

Also, is that Justin next to Jackson? He didn't look the same.

Guys, did anyone see Jill "dancing" on GMA this morning? I just saw these pics as I was scrolling through my tumblr dashboard. I'd be willing to bet it's the only time Jill has ever "danced" in her life. It's the 2nd and 3rd pics in the set, you can see her in the background dancing with one of the hosts (who's in a bathrobe no less!). I'm laughing so hard at this. JB turns his back, and suddenly Jill is dancing with a woman. I love it.

duggars.tumblr.com/post/79257987347/in-the-new-gma-social-room-source-josh-ig-and

Also, I'm sure this has already been mentioned here, but WHY THE HELL can't these older girls who are all adults not be interviewed for their own book by themselves without their parents and entire fucking family present. I mean, I know why, but it still just irritates me to no end. Ridiculous!

LOL @ Jill :lol: She has a way with people!

Awww. I hope she doesn't think she just defraud America.

Awww. I hope she doesn't think she just defraud America.

I was going to say the same thing. Jessa totally defrauded me and so did the lady doing the interview. I wonder if the boys were having thoughts that can't be righteously justified. Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Boob looked? He had a weird look on his face, maybe he was having bad thoughts too. I also noticed how Jana didn't say a word. I feel badly for her. They better get these kids courting and having kids or the Bates will come take their spot on TV.

I totally noticed that too! Also Jinger looked like she was just wearing really tight leggings when I first saw her. It was like Duggars gone wild!

I noticed that the HuffPost Live interviewer remarked how well-behaved the Duggar Children were! :clap:

Also, I think the reason the whole family is there is because if the 4 Duggar girls wrote a book no one would care. It is within the context of the greater family that makes them interesting. They are as much promoting their family/show as the book!

Aww, go Jill! :) Dance with whoever you want (even a woman in a bathrobe) :D And don't let your parents lock you in the prayer closet.

I also liked Jill's account on GMA of the obedience game: my parents would say, 'go touch the boy's bed, then run to touch the front door and come back.' Trains girl children to run from the boy bed, get to the door, and come home.

"Quarrel," as Jill pronounces it, rhymes with "squirrel." Quirrel. Funny.

I grew up in Arkansas; we said, "quaaarrl."

I didn't watch the Huff Post interview, but I did watch the other two interview videos that were posted a couple of pages back. My take: Jill is still the official mouth piece of the Duggar girls. She answers the majority of the questions and does so with all the flair and right words of a fundy. Second, Jessa will be in the middle of saying something and then just say a long drawn out " so y e a h". I guess that means that she can't describe what she is saying any further and we should understand it by now. Jana and Jinger hardly ever say a word, unless that a targeted by the interviewer.

Jinger said in one of the interviews that she and some of her sisters are now helping out the prison ministry in FL.

I am a bit surprised how much press they are doing for the book. They were just on Good Morning America this morning too. The whole family was there but only the girls and Michelle spoke.

In the Huff interview; all the girls seem to use "oh yeah" or "and yeah" too often. Jill maybe the mouthpiece; but her articulation starts off good and then she looks to become nervous. Maybe, afraid of saying the wrong word and he Dad will scold her!

Having watched that HuffPost video, I think my opinion of Jill is changing. I thought she was going to be the one to quietly sidle off away from the lifestyle, but seeing how she articulates the values etc., I think maybe she's more into it than I realised... Maybe with the midwifery stuff, she has found a way to make it work for her within the constraints of the lifestyle, rather than needing to break free from it. She is definitely the most intelligent and articulate of the older girls though.

There is no way she's going to to off message in an interview with her entire family present. The pressure to spout the party line regardless of what she actually thinks is way too much. In my experience people who break out of fundieism take years and years to find their voice and actively speak against what they experienced. Some of them leave but never say anything. The general feeling that you will lose your family and be labeled as ungodly or worse unsaved is terrifying when that's been your life.

We probably won't know what any of these kids ever really think until their parents are dead. And even then maybe not because they won't want to tarnish their memory and testimony.

Jill and John David both sound like they legitimately do believe what they are saying and are passionate about their beliefs. Jinger doesn't seem as passionate, she seems sort of like she can't really form her own opinions, fundie or non-fundie. Jana seems like a robot.

Jill and John David both sound like they legitimately do believe what they are saying and are passionate about their beliefs. Jinger doesn't seem as passionate, she seems sort of like she can't really form her own opinions, fundie or non-fundie. Jana seems like a robot.

They probably do believe, but it isn't because they really chose to believe this way. Being brainwashed since childhood that they must believe this way and live this way or God will curse their life and they will suffer greatly isn't really making a choice.

Watched them on GMA this morning. When asked if they were still counting, Michele said "Yes, in other ways!" and alluded to the next season. Not sure if this is another red herring to lure us in or if she's referring to grandchildren or actually acting on adoption as opposed to just hinting at it. My guess is that they've been told to plug adoption as much as possible to get more viewers.

"In other ways" = new son-in-law.

Totally agree, especially about Jinger and Jana. So sad.

Totally agree, especially about Jinger and Jana. So sad.

From JB and Michelle's vantage point, Jinger and Jana's inability to think independently is a sign that they succeeded as parents. Remember, Gothard's entire spiel, especially in the 1970s was that if families did what he said then their teenagers wouldn't rebel or question their parents' authority. None of the Duggar young adults seem capable of even articulating what a life apart from their family would entail. From the outside, they appear to be intellectually and emotionally stunted, but for those in ATI they are the products of a well-run home.

Jill was being rather rebellious this morning, dancing with a woman, especially in something as defrauding as a bath robe.

Go Jill!

Josh has always struck me as the most--not intelligent, exactly, but more aware of and comfortable with the world around him, maybe? I remember when he and Anna were engaged and went on a "double date" with Jana and JD, and Josh said something like, "Well, we ARE from Arkansas!" At the time I was surprised that he would a)have any awareness of those types of stereotypes, b)acknowledge how weird the idea of a double date with his sister and brother as the other couple is and c)be comfortable enough to joke about it.

Yeah and remember what led up to the "double date"? Jinger was supposed to be the chaperone, but Jana and JD went instead because they were going to a "movie where you had to be over 18". I remember nearly falling out of my chair with the thought of them going to see an R-rated movie! Of course, they never actually said R-rated, so maybe it was just G-rated, but JB decreed that they had to be over 18 for any movie not starring Kirk Cameron. :P

Yeah and remember what led up to the "double date"? Jinger was supposed to be the chaperone, but Jana and JD went instead because they were going to a "movie where you had to be over 18". I remember nearly falling out of my chair with the thought of them going to see an R-rated movie! Of course, they never actually said R-rated, so maybe it was just G-rated, but JB decreed that they had to be over 18 for any movie not starring Kirk Cameron. :P

I think it was Passion Of The Christ or Fireproof, but I could be wrong. I'm fairly certain the movie was rated R and that's why Jinger couldn't go.

I think it was Passion Of The Christ or Fireproof, but I could be wrong. I'm fairly certain the movie was rated R and that's why Jinger couldn't go.

No WAY is Fireproof or any other Kirk Cameron movie R-rated... the dude won't even kiss another actress! :lol:

And I just meant maybe it was "over 18" according to JB's rules... not the MPAA. He might have said his kids had to be over 18 to see Bambi and therefore Jinger couldn't go...

You're right, Fireproof is rated PG. I'm still sure the movie they saw was R rated. I guess I need to find that episode lol

I think the chaperone has to be over 18. Boob's rules are ridiculous. I'm sure all of his kids know more about sex than they should, just by how often he and J'Chelle gloat about their sex life. Blech!

You're right, Fireproof is rated PG. I'm still sure the movie they saw was R rated. I guess I need to find that episode lol

I'm sure it was too... I was just joking that maybe it was JB's rules, not the actual MPAA rating.

I think the chaperone has to be over 18. Boob's rules are ridiculous. I'm sure all of his kids know more about sex than they should, just by how often he and J'Chelle gloat about their sex life. Blech!

No, at first he allowed Jinger to be a chaperone until the movie thing came up. It seems Jim Bob's criteria for being a chaperone are:

1. You can't be Cousin Amy.

2. See Rule #1.

:wink-kitty:

Archived