IGNORED

Erin Bates's Wedding - Part 2

happy atheist

Erin ordered a modest dress online but she did not like one she tried it on. She picked a different one and had it altered.

I am guessing due to the short timeframe she didn't have time to research and reorder another modest dress and had to go with the non modest dress + alteration option. Understandable but the dress she picked was pretty and it's a shame there wasn't more time to perhaps alter it better.

Another casualty of short fundie engagements: pretty wedding dresses that are messed up by "modest" alterations.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Chad and Erin are going to hold hands on either side of a door so he doesn't see her before the wedding, why does he also have to wear a blindfold? I've seen blindfold pics, and I've seen tons of the door type pic, but never both. Seems odd.

I've seen almost identical photos on Pinterest that I'm sure she saw too (didn't she have some similar ones on her own pinterest?). It was probably a way to really make sure he had no chance of seeing her by accident. I dunno, I think a really cute idea for religious couples, and their photographer did a great job. I have nothing negative or snarky to say about these photos, everything looks great.

I am guessing due to the short timeframe she didn't have time to research and reorder another modest dress and had to go with the non modest dress + alteration option. Understandable but the dress she picked was pretty and it's a shame there wasn't more time to perhaps alter it better.

Another casualty of short fundie engagements: pretty wedding dresses that are messed up by "modest" alterations.

No time to research? Erin seems like a girl who would have thought a lot about her wedding dress long before she was engaged and probably had some ideas about what she wanted. I'm sure in the end it came down to what was the cheapest option.

Agreeing with PhiMuLady, those are baroques and not cheap.

I get that this is a snark message board but I have serious eye rolls over some of the snark. Snarking on someone's personal moments of their wedding and choices isn't nice. I hope Erin doesn't find this thread bashing her pearls, dress, rings, etc. Maybe it's because I'm a recent bride but who cares that the photographer decided to put the rings on a tree. Yes, it is trendy right now, but I can assure you that Erin didn't tell the photographer to do that. Photographers do whatever they want to be creative. There were "creative" pictures my photographer did that were odd, but I'm hoping people had the decency to not judge the bride for it. /soapbox

Well I never sayed that Erin suggested the photographer to put those rings on a tree. What's the big deal? I have no idea of american wedding trends and I don't even care about them. But when I see ring hanging on the tree, it looks weird to me. And yes, this is a snark board so I think I'm entitled to have my opinion and express it here.

No time to research? Erin seems like a girl who would have thought a lot about her wedding dress long before she was engaged and probably had some ideas about what she wanted. I'm sure in the end it came down to what was the cheapest option.

I am sure Erin knew what she wanted. What I meant is that once the first dress arrived and didn't turn out to be what she expected, she didn't have time to resort to "online modest dress plan B within time/budget" and had to head out to David's instead.

The pictures with the door and the blindfold are pretty adorable, and I want Erin's earrings.

She also looked gorgeous in the dress, and while it didn't look amazing on the hanger, I think that it looked pretty great when it was actually on her.

And I can't believe that I'm saying this, but Gothard's cake looked really, really good. I want one of my own.

http://web.stagram.com/p/581564857036776179_52680455

I'm not sure if this has been posted but it is a short clip of Chad and Erin singing at their wedding. A few people have talked about this, so I thought I'd share it. There are a few other photos [all generic ones we've seen already] on the same account :)

Can either one of them sing?

youtube.com/watch?v=8jJzySBLe8Q I actually like this one, Tori seems to have a nice, clear voice.

As someone who has studied voice for half her life, I can snobbishly say that I really don't care for their voices. Just very rough around the edges, and pushed - not healthy for the voice. But enough snarking, Erin is a fantastic pianist. Wow

As someone who has studied voice for half her life, I can snobbishly say that I really don't care for their voices. Just very rough around the edges, and pushed - not healthy for the voice. But enough snarking, Erin is a fantastic pianist. Wow

Oh I have no idea if she really has a good voice or not, I guess I just personally like deeper female voices.

I've also studied voice for many years and I don't hear/see anything unhealthy about the way the three girls are singing. For being (presumably) untrained, they're really not bad and I prefer their singing to the screaming you hear from most amateurs. Their voices aren't beautiful, but all three are decent and better than most people. Having professional training, in my opinion, doesn't make snobbery any more flattering.

I think a great many people sing better than the Duggars. I feel so sorry for the kids and adult children that just do not want to to this any longer. Sure, that will go over like a lead balloon :(

I've also studied voice for many years and I don't hear/see anything unhealthy about the way the three girls are singing. For being (presumably) untrained, they're really not bad and I prefer their singing to the screaming you hear from most amateurs. Their voices aren't beautiful, but all three are decent and better than most people. Having professional training, in my opinion, doesn't make snobbery any more flattering.

I don't necessarily think being snobby is flattering either. Certainly wouldn't do it in person. I am however, entitled to my own opinion, just as you are yours, and think that their singing is very pushed. There are, as I'm sure you know, tons of different methods of voice training and styles, and my teacher always emphasized not tightening your throat while singing. It can do damage to your vocal cords, as it did for Kelly Clarkson. I didn't say they had BAD voices, I just didn't really care for them. I wouldn't pay money to hear them sing.

Really? You have studied voice for half of your life, but she is a "fantastic pianist"?

(signed) A pianist.

Not going into any more detail. This has been discussed a few times before on FJ.

Really? You have studied voice for half of your life, but she is a "fantastic pianist"?

(signed) A pianist.

Not going into any more detail. This has been discussed a few times before on FJ.

:cry: I think she plays well...I'm going to stop stating my opinion now :embarrassed:

The Bates sing better than the Duggars.

Neither can sing. Actually, they aren't singing, they are caterwauling.

Kelly is on an updating roll! New post with a ton of photos from E&C's wedding. If you look carefully you can even catch a glimpse of the mean ol troll himself peering out over Chad's shoulder.

post-4896-14451998582013_thumb.jpg

Gothard needs to be more careful, lest he suffers the same fate as Doug Phillips the Crazy Ass Tool. TBH, I thought Gothard would be taken down before Doug Phillips the Crazy Ass Tool.

Archived