IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o Wow thanks! that's just wow. I guess fundies have to intermarry cause they cannot find anyone else to.

Is Dillon Grady one of these folks? He just got married, too. (to Clara Manteufel)

Hmmm, I wonder if they're related somehow. I linked to him from Deanna's FB. This guy's a BCA guy, has played dressup for Dougie, etc.

Her dress is gorgeous!

Beautiful dress, and she looks absolutely stunning. No one would ever guess "fundie" based on the photos of the couple. (The bridesmaids' dresses are a little more modest/less stylish than you'd usually see at a mainstream wedding.)

Hmmm, I wonder if they're related somehow. I linked to him from Deanna's FB. This guy's a BCA guy, has played dressup for Dougie, etc.

Dillon Grady is the son of the BCA "Cougar" shamed on Jens Gems....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe...let's see. Jessica had a broken one but then married Ben Hector and has two children. They were married in May 2010. Melissa married Garrison Sanford last year and they are expecting very soon. Was Garrison Jessica's old flame? Jessica just turned 23 so it's possible......Those courtship rules don't apply to them do they Stacy and James???

Anyone correct me or fill in missing details???

Maybe...let's see. Jessica had a broken one but then married Ben Hector and has two children. They were married in May 2010. Melissa married Garrison Sanford last year and they are expecting very soon. Was Garrison Jessica's old flame? Jessica just turned 23 so it's possible......Those courtship rules don't apply to them do they Stacy and James???

Anyone correct me or fill in missing details???

Good start but it IS confusing. ETA: Confusing because you're right - the Macdonalds don't have to follow the rules they set up for other people.

The one married to Ben Hector is Tiffany, the oldest girl. Yes, she entered into a courtship & betrothal with another guy (at which time James, her father, wrote sententiously on his blog that breaking a betrothal was divorce). Nonetheless, the young couple figured out they weren't suited so enter Ben Hector. Seems to be a happy marriage.

Melissa married Garrison Sanford last year but, IIRC, he first courted Jessica - need help with this one on timelines, etc.

Okay thanks...sorry I knew it was Tiffany! Funny how those rules never apply but I guess when divorce is okay in your own family...yes I am looking at you James and Stacey!

Okay thanks...sorry I knew it was Tiffany! Funny how those rules never apply but I guess when divorce is okay in your own family...yes I am looking at you James and Stacey!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Shame on you, teachergirl, you should know better. Stacy did NOT get a divorce - she's a grace widow: yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2013/12/grace-widows-hope-and-healing-for-the-forsaken-part-1/

It's her third courtship but I don't think she ever made it to engagement.

What a loose woman. Does she have any pieces of her heart left to give away?

Heck yeah. There's so much pressure. There's no room for relationships to naturally evolve (or die out). There's no time for such things. You have to go into each and every relationship seriously considering the opposite party to be a potential mate. And the decision has to be made NOW. There's no time to draw breath and no margin for error.

Yeah, it is. You give more pieces of your heart away by courting than dating, cause of how more serious courtship is and how little the couple know eachother when it gets that serious.

Like Elizabeth and Joseph. If they had been allowed to date normally, she might have broken up with him a few months in when she met his parents, instead of called it off right before the wedding when she felt she couldn't take Steve's creepiness forever and ever. He would have been less heartbroken if he hadn't felt certain they would marry and already bought a house for them and planned their life together.

Courtship is like bringing an engagement ring to the second date-youre considering marrying someone who you don't know what theyre like other than the false image of them that they showed on the first date to impress you. They could be anyone-they could have disgusting habits, actually be a bit of a douche but are acting nice so you don't run away like the last 10 people, snore loudly, be really bad in bed or even be abusive.

As inappropriate as it might be to rush into marriage (and I know there are always exceptions to the rule and ppl who get engaged on their first date who have long and happy marriages), at least the possibility of divorce acts as a safety valve.

When it comes to fundie courtship, divorce is absolutely verboten and that increases the stakes even more.

And Stacey McDonald is so full of shit, she literally makes me laugh.mI'm sure she lost her renewed virginity on her second honeymoon as well...

Did we know MamaAnt's Sam is kissing pre-marriage? A break from the courtship of Capt'n Brett filmed of the older daughter.

Yeah, it is. You give more pieces of your heart away by courting than dating, cause of how more serious courtship is and how little the couple know eachother when it gets that serious.

Like Elizabeth and Joseph. If they had been allowed to date normally, she might have broken up with him a few months in when she met his parents, instead of called it off right before the wedding when she felt she couldn't take Steve's creepiness forever and ever. He would have been less heartbroken if he hadn't felt certain they would marry and already bought a house for them and planned their life together.

Courtship is like bringing an engagement ring to the second date-youre considering marrying someone who you don't know what theyre like other than the false image of them that they showed on the first date to impress you. They could be anyone-they could have disgusting habits, actually be a bit of a douche but are acting nice so you don't run away like the last 10 people, snore loudly, be really bad in bed or even be abusive.

Agree that courtship is just so loaded from the start with serious expectations that yes, in spite of all the not "giving pieces of your heart away" talk that is exactly what you are doing or believe you are doing. In a dating situation, there's room to decide very early on that you are not a match, end things and just carry on. But with courtship, you go in already intending to get married to the person and so what would be a saying "no" to a second or third date would be tantamount to breaking off an engagement or close to that.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived