IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

I apologize if this is a well known blog but I stumbled across virtuousdaughters.com/ the other day and wow.... it's a blog by a 30 year old stay at home daughter... with no prospects so far. She dresses very frumpy and reminds me somewhat of the seven sisters, but less cheery. We're about the same age and I can't imagine still living at home, twiddling my thumbs and spending my days praying for a husband.

Wow. She's also got some Fake Jew(ess) going on. See these posts on "tzitziot" (fringes, like those the tallit that Orthodox men and some liberal Jewish women wear-- at least, that's what she's going for).

virtuousdaughters.com/2014/05/31/tzitiziot-or-fringestassels-and-women-pt-1/

virtuousdaughters.com/2014/06/01/tzitiziot-or-fringestassels-and-women-pt-2/

(first real post! Hope I broke the links enough)

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. She's also got some Fake Jew(ess) going on. See these posts on "tzitziot" (fringes, like those the tallit that Orthodox men and some liberal Jewish women wear-- at least, that's what she's going for).

virtuousdaughters.com/2014/05/31/tzitiziot-or-fringestassels-and-women-pt-1/

virtuousdaughters.com/2014/06/01/tzitiziot-or-fringestassels-and-women-pt-2/

(first real post! Hope I broke the links enough)

I can't read any more. She spends more on hair trinkets than she spends on clothes. Why not buy those used & save the difference, too? So, she's only 30? She looks older than me & I'm close to 40.

I found Norma Roberts and Adam Gilligan's BB&B registry. They are also registered at Target. Their wedding date is September 13, 2014.

I can't read any more. She spends more on hair trinkets than she spends on clothes. Why not buy those used & save the difference, too? So, she's only 30? She looks older than me & I'm close to 40.

If anyone's wondering why this woman isn't marrying, just take a look at the questionnaire her family has set up for potential suitors: virtuousdaughters.com/questions-to-ask-a-future-spouce/. It includes a whopping 155 questions, including gems like "What is your blood type?", "Is there such a place as Limbo? If so, who will go there?", "How flexible are you regarding the temperature of your house?", and "What is hardest for you to leave peacefully in the hand of Yahweh?"

Might as well lock this girl in the attic and throw away the key.

If anyone's wondering why this woman isn't marrying, just take a look at the questionnaire her family has set up for potential suitors: virtuousdaughters.com/questions-to-ask-a-future-spouce/. It includes a whopping 155 questions, including gems like "What is your blood type?", "Is there such a place as Limbo? If so, who will go there?", "How flexible are you regarding the temperature of your house?", and "What is hardest for you to leave peacefully in the hand of Yahweh?"

Oh man that list!

15. What are your beliefs concerning generational curses? Do you have concerns with any

of your ancestors?

29. What do you believe concerning mingled cloth? What is it? Example: Is it 60/40 cotton

and poly … or strictly linen and wool?

32. How do you believe about intermarriage between people from different ethnic

backgrounds; for example … blacks, whites, orientals? Is it OK for others, but not for your

own family?

And from the Virtuous Daughters site, I rabbit trailed to the Isaacharian site, then to the "Daughters" link, where I came across the de Deugd-Smith wedding of '08 (don't have a flipping clue who they are, but sure sounds formal when I say it that way :D ). Anyhoo, you can find Lourdes' parents' well wishes to the :D happy couple here.

Oh man that list!

15. What are your beliefs concerning generational curses? Do you have concerns with any

of your ancestors?

29. What do you believe concerning mingled cloth? What is it? Example: Is it 60/40 cotton

and poly … or strictly linen and wool?

32. How do you believe about intermarriage between people from different ethnic

backgrounds; for example … blacks, whites, orientals? Is it OK for others, but not for your

own family?

What the ever loving?

Also, what is up with fundies and generational curses? I knew an evangelical guy who was into that. It's seems so counter to the New Testament.

And her modest outfit posts really don't seem very inspired or original. She just pairs a loose button down with a prairie style maxi skirt. I'm pretty sure any of us could do that if we were told to come up with a fundie outfit. It's like the fundie equivalent of me posting pictures of myself in a GAP teeshirt and jeans.

You are looking at the old version--the new version has 170 questions. Some other gems:

49. Do you plan on getting a government issued marriage license? Why or why not? What

about birth certificates for your children? What about social security numbers?

104. What do you think about pony tails on males?

117.What do you think about swimming? Is it right or wrong? If you believe it can be done, what guidelines would you have for your family in this area?

136.What amount of input do you think the wife should have in the decoration and arranging of the house?

140. Briefly, what are some of your thoughts concerning personal hygiene and cleanliness, neatness in dress, etc. What are some of your expectations in this area concerning your spouse?

You are looking at the old version--the new version has 170 questions. Some other gems:

49. Do you plan on getting a government issued marriage license? Why or why not? What

about birth certificates for your children? What about social security numbers?

104. What do you think about pony tails on males?

117.What do you think about swimming? Is it right or wrong? If you believe it can be done, what guidelines would you have for your family in this area?

136.What amount of input do you think the wife should have in the decoration and arranging of the house?

140. Briefly, what are some of your thoughts concerning personal hygiene and cleanliness, neatness in dress, etc. What are some of your expectations in this area concerning your spouse?

Good god, that is insane.

Their daughter is in her thirties and still living at home waiting for Prince Charming and they add more questions? About home decor and swimming and men's hair styles? Cause they are all vital theological subjects?

And from the Virtuous Daughters site, I rabbit trailed to the Isaacharian site, then to the "Daughters" link, where I came across the de Deugd-Smith wedding of '08 (don't have a flipping clue who they are, but sure sounds formal when I say it that way :D ). Anyhoo, you can find Lourdes' parents' well wishes to the :D happy couple here.

The Botkinettes also posted a lengthy, breathlessly rhapsodic entry about the deDeugd-Smith wedding on their blog in '08. Genevieve Smith was from New Zealand, Pete deDeugd is Australian. I think they have 4 kids now. The Smith parents (dad is now deceased) were big names in the NZ homeschooling world. I believe they and the Botkins were besties back when the Botkins lived in NZ - when Geoff's master plan included getting eldest son Isaac elected as Prime Minister. :roll:

The Botkinettes also posted a lengthy, breathlessly rhapsodic entry about the deDeugd-Smith wedding on their blog in '08. Genevieve Smith was from New Zealand, Pete deDeugd is Australian. I think they have 4 kids now. The Smith parents (dad is now deceased) were big names in the NZ homeschooling world. I believe they and the Botkins were besties back when the Botkins lived in NZ - when Geoff's master plan included getting eldest son Isaac elected as Prime Minister. :roll:

OOOOOOoooo Issacharian Daughters/Wives was one of my delights. Unfortunately, she has quit posting. At her wedding, people read REAMS of letters of advice, directives, praises, blessings, etc. Daddy Botkins missive was almost orgasmic (for him, not me). Dang. Good memories.

I just realised that the Klein family (14 children) aren't on this list. We've talked about them on FJ before, though not for a while. They live in St Louis, are acquaintances of Rebecca K!!'s family and I think one of the older Klein girls illustrated some of Sarah Maxwell's Moody books. Their blog is pretty snark-worthy, particularly because they are very into creationism and believe that copying out the Bible is an excellent form of education: blog.inkleinations.com

Unfortunately I can't tell from the blog how old any of them are, but the oldest, Zachary, apparently got engaged in June to a girl called Elizabeth and got married on 12 July.

The Smith family (discussed on the '11 boring fundies' thread) are mentioned in this thread but don't seem to be on the list in the first post. I'm pretty sure that they're all of marriageable age. The oldest daughter Melissa got married earlier this year and one of the sons got engaged this month.

SIngle: Emily, Rebekah, Amanda, Sarah, Deborah, David

Engaged: Jonathan

Newly married: Melissa

I just noticed that the list includes upcoming wedding dates. The Serven/Winton wedding date is August 23rd and the Baucham/Holmes wedding date is October 4th.

I just realised that the Klein family (14 children) aren't on this list. We've talked about them on FJ before, though not for a while. They live in St Louis, are acquaintances of Rebecca K!!'s family and I think one of the older Klein girls illustrated some of Sarah Maxwell's Moody books. Their blog is pretty snark-worthy, particularly because they are very into creationism and believe that copying out the Bible is an excellent form of education: blog.inkleinations.com

Unfortunately I can't tell from the blog how old any of them are, but the oldest, Zachary, apparently got engaged in June to a girl called Elizabeth and got married on 12 July.

Engaged in June and married in July :shock: How long did they court?

• 2 weeks later...

Should Danny Lane's sisters be added to the list? I believe Brittany and McKinney are around 21 and 19, respectively. Ansley just got a Facebook account, which in that family seems to mean she's 17-ish. They're friendly with the Roberts kids and Hunter Kendall.

I just noticed that the list includes upcoming wedding dates. The Serven/Winton wedding date is August 23rd and the Baucham/Holmes wedding date is October 4th.

Engaged in June and married in July :shock: How long did they court?

The courtship story is up on the inkleinations blog in all it's fundilicious glory. (Tell me, is Elizabeth really wearing white orthopedic shoes in the photos of the engagement, or are they just uglier than normal white trainers?)

The courtship story is up on the inkleinations blog in all it's fundilicious glory. (Tell me, is Elizabeth really wearing white orthopedic shoes in the photos of the engagement, or are they just uglier than normal white trainers?)

I think I'm even more disturbed that she might have gotten married in that white shirt and long white skirt outfit with her hair up in her usual covered bun.

I think I'm even more disturbed that she might have gotten married in that white shirt and long white skirt outfit with her hair up in her usual covered bun.

They appear to be sneakers, the kind one might associate with 85-year-old women.

She definitely wins the Frump of the Year award. Rebecca K!11!! looks stylish by comparison.

Ms. Reagan Moore - of the "Ace Wonder" Moores - accepted a marriage proposal in front of the entire assembly of young conservatives at The Patriot Academy recently. One of her brahs is filmmaker John Moore. Their 'rents are high mucketies in Amway or something like it. I know nothing about Mr. Moreland.

I was going to say something about how these public proposals freak me out, but in a flash of clarity, I just understood that there's no other way for the young couple to get engaged, in these circles. They're never left alone! They might as well make a big showy production of it. Boy. SMH

They were the point people for the Maxwell pony and dog show a few years ago in the St. Louis Metro area. FWIW.

I didn't see it mentioned yet, but it looks like Melody Seppi can come off the list soon...

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/

My brain is overwhelmed with the snark possibilities of those mutton-chops...

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived