IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

Saw on instagram Norma Roberts (Bates friend)is engaged to some fundie light named Adam Gilligan

For some reason, every time I read this sentence, I read "Nora Roberts" or "Norman Bates"...neither of whom are fundie, lol.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...I pictured her with more of a "macho" type of dude. I see he wears a beard sometimes. I like how trendy she looks. Skinny leg jeans and a dress above the knee! Someone mentioned he's fundie lite. How do you know?

Saw on instagram Norma Roberts (Bates friend)is engaged to some fundie light named Adam Gilligan

I was about to make a new thread just for this, seems enough people around here would be interested, what with the Roberts being such good friends with the Bates.

Adam Gilligan seems beyond fundie lite - his instagram includes pictures of him with a hipster beard, getting ready for a bachelor party, and holding a garter he caught in his hand. I know the Roberts are fundie lite anyway (jeans and bare shoulders and all) but he doesn't seem close to being fundie. Which is good, go Norma!

For some reason, every time I read this sentence, I read "Nora Roberts" or "Norman Bates"...neither of whom are fundie, lol.

Same here!

Get the eraser out for another Serven and a Winton. Sarah - the most photogenic of the bunch, and who wears cute eyeglasses - is engaged to a Winton, Cody by name.

The photo of them sitting flat on the cobblestoned "main" street of an historic town where the streets are generally packed with cars en route to eateries, taverns and shopping made me go "ew," and I'm not at all a germophobe. What the heck?

More to the point, doing my math, Sarah is 22. Far younger than her sister Elizabeth, who was sprung to marry at age 25 or 26, and way way younger than firstborn sister Rebecca, who wasn't turned loose until age 28/29. I guess Mother Serven doesn't need the help at home anymore. Only Lydia, around 19 or 20, and the two younger boys, now in their midteens, I believe, are home.

I shake my head at Serven pere & mere. He's gotten several degrees including a doctorate in divinity, and I've no idea if Cheryl ever got anything past high school. Two of my generation who came from broken homes and purposed to make their own family so breakproof that they gave their daughters - at least the older ones - no young adulthood at all. IMHO, of course,

ETA -- and whose sons are in financial services, phone-based customer service, and photograph/web design. Not unusual jobs for young men in the USA in 2014, I know, but in the Serven boys' cases, the only options, aren't they, since none of them to our knowledge has anything past the SOTDRT high school diploma.

Thanks, Rev. Dr. Dad.

Remember the Smith family that seemed like a perfect match for the Maxwells? Their daughter Melissa Smith, age 38*, got married in March.

11smiths.blogspot.com

*She was 38 when she got engaged.

I have to confess that I'm a bit confused by these people. The church that Melissa was married in had niches with statues in them and an altar. Are the Smiths uber Reformed or something else? Why are statues okay?

I think she rocks that name. I love super old-fashioned names on young people. I knew a girl in high school named Margaret and she was so dynamic that she made me love the name - same with Irene, only I knew a girl with that name in grade school and it never seemed like an 'old lady' name to me because of her. I actually think their names (Norma, Daisy, Marty) are really cool!

Could anyone post a list of website/family pages for these families? I'm still new and I don't recognize the majority of these families.

Could anyone post a list of website/family pages for these families? I'm still new and I don't recognize the majority of these families.

Welcome, green clover!

I'm going to go you one million better than just posting their websites.

Go to the page here that lists the various discussion forums. At the bottom, you'll see a drop-down menu. I believe Quiverfull Of Snark is the default forum. Click on that and scroll down to subforums, one of which is "Archives" and from there, you'll find an alphabetical list of families.

Click on a family name and you'll go to discussions we've had about them. The Smiths & Mortons (they're often called "the S'Mortons" are there!

Just remember to set yourself an alarm somewhere. The reading is absorbing, and before you know it, you'll have invested hours in learning about these folks!!

Vaya con Dios... :P

Posting here because I'm squeeing at what this might mean:

Still-single Benjamin Serven is FB friends with Ms. Torres-Manteufel.

The simple fact that a Serven-lad would be FB friends with that woman, Ms.Torres-Manteufel, just gives me all kinds of hope for his generation! :pray:

Posting here because I'm squeeing at what this might mean:

Still-single Benjamin Serven is FB friends with Ms. Torres-Manteufel.

The simple fact that a Serven-lad would be FB friends with that woman, Ms.Torres-Manteufel, just gives me all kinds of hope for his generation! :pray:

Great spotting MJB! Wow - hope for Benjamin and his ilk, indeed!

So now Alyssa Bates and John Webster are married...

Here is the announcement of Congressman and Mrs. Webster:

http://www.wotimes.com/articles/2014/05 ... cial01.txt

They will move to Clermont, FL apparently.

Here is the one of John's older brother Jordan and Olivia Fredrickson:

http://www.westorangetimes.com/articles ... cial01.txt

And here is the one of John's older sister Elizabeth and Joseph Miller a couple of years ago:

http://www.wotimes.com/articles/2010/03 ... cial03.txt

He's ATI, too.

John has two more older brothers who are both married with 3 children.

Now the only one not married is the youngest, Victoria (Tori) Webster.

(links not broken because news site)

The Smiths might be too fundie for the Ardnts.

True.

Anyone else agree that the Smiths should be introduced to the Kleins? blog.inkleinations.com/. The Kleins live in St Louis (also very near the Arndts, but I think they'd be too fundie for them too), live nearish to Rebecca K!! and are friends/acquaintances with her and her family, one of the older Klein daughters illustrated one of Sarah Maxwell's Moody books, and one of the main foundations of their family homeshooling is copying the Bible (yes, that's right - COPYING the Bible, not analysing it or learning about its history, theology etc...) Like the Smiths they seem to be into female 'modesty' etc., and seem quite similar as a family, even down to looks. For some reason the Smith and Klein families seem to go together in my mind.

So now Alyssa Bates and John Webster are married...

Here is the announcement of Congressman and Mrs. Webster:

http://www.wotimes.com/articles/2014/05 ... cial01.txt

They will move to Clermont, FL apparently.

Here is the one of John's older brother Jordan and Olivia Fredrickson:

http://www.westorangetimes.com/articles ... cial01.txt

And here is the one of John's older sister Elizabeth and Joseph Miller a couple of years ago:

http://www.wotimes.com/articles/2010/03 ... cial03.txt

He's ATI, too.

John has two more older brothers who are both married with 3 children.

Now the only one not married is the youngest, Victoria (Tori) Webster.

(links not broken because news site)

I am all kinds of giddy at the prospect of spotting Alyssa Bates Webster at Publix or the like when I go back home to visit.

I have to confess that I'm a bit confused by these people. The church that Melissa was married in had niches with statues in them and an altar. Are the Smiths uber Reformed or something else? Why are statues okay?

I just went through their blog and it seems that Melissa married a Catholic. Not only are their statues of Mary and Joseph in the background but Jesus on the cross, and a archdiocese of Memphis banner in one of the reception pictures. During the pictures of them decorating the reception hall the day before the wedding they stated that they were decorating Ross's (the grooms) church for the wedding. I wonder how this went over with Daddy.

I just noticed from pictures on his website that Chad Payne's brother (younger, I think) Thomas is engaged to a young woman, Dakota Young, who (you might want to sit down for this, ladies) wears SHORTS! (constant-survival.blogspot.com/)

Shorts that are tight and way above the knee!

And the couple met while working at Gothard headquarters in Chicago!

I'm already in the "lists" group, so I could volunteer as tribute to update the list once, but I think it would be hard updating both this one and the baby one consistently. I do have a real life... Still if I find time in the next couple weeks, I can start updating. It will take awhile.

I'm already in the "lists" group, so I could volunteer as tribute to update the list once, but I think it would be hard updating both this one and the baby one consistently. I do have a real life... Still if I find time in the next couple weeks, I can start updating. It will take awhile.

This list is hard to update. There are more names that need to be added to the list. You don't need to rush and I don't mind if the list is updated or not. We all need to care more about real life :)

Well, I sure appreciate the people who keep the list up to date and I am sure many others do to. Maybe there can be some sort of middle ground? I mean, the list doesn't have to be updated constantly, but every couple of months/weeks would be nice!

They are having a long engagement, but Martha and Tatyte are still getting married. Addie posted pictures of Martha shopping for wedding dresses. I don't know if this is the same shopping trip Mariah Campana posted on her IG in January.

Arsey Jr. just announced that his "firstborn son" is engaged, and since this is just days after finding out Darby is pregnant, he's "dizzy."

facebook.com/rcsprouljr/posts/10202326115493716

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived