IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

Agree that courtship is just so loaded from the start with serious expectations that yes, in spite of all the not "giving pieces of your heart away" talk that is exactly what you are doing or believe you are doing. In a dating situation, there's room to decide very early on that you are not a match, end things and just carry on. But with courtship, you go in already intending to get married to the person and so what would be a saying "no" to a second or third date would be tantamount to breaking off an engagement or close to that.

I cannot imagine the pressure they must be under! I mean, if not going for a second date is like calling off an engagement basically, it would be a lot harder to say no than just saying "I don't want to hang out with you again" over text or whatever.

I also feel really bad for the girls who get married and they've never even kissed a boy EVER, they're basically pre-teens like 9 or 10 year olds when it comes to sexual experience or knowledge, and all the sudden...YAY you're married! God says you can get naked and have sex now! RIGHT NOW because you need to make a baby as soon as possible.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot imagine the pressure they must be under! I mean, if not going for a second date is like calling off an engagement basically, it would be a lot harder to say no than just saying "I don't want to hang out with you again" over text or whatever.

I also feel really bad for the girls who get married and they've never even kissed a boy EVER, they're basically pre-teens like 9 or 10 year olds when it comes to sexual experience or knowledge, and all the sudden...YAY you're married! God says you can get naked and have sex now! RIGHT NOW because you need to make a baby as soon as possible.

As mentioned here before, fundie couples go from zero to 60 all in a span of a few hours. They are not allowed to date, have any relationship prior to marriage, no kissing and maybe no touching before marriage, have no knowledge of birth control or of even how sex works and then all of a sudden they are let loose to do everything. I can't imagine how terrifying it is for fundie girls in particular but I bet the guys have their hangups too.

I can't remember exactly where I found it, but when I was trying to figure out what the heck that audio book that JimBob gave Josh on his wedding night was, I came across some female fundies talking about their respective wedding nights and how they didn't actually consummate the marriage fully for a few days until they were "more comfortable". So that's...good? I guess? I still feel really bad for them.

It appears that we can take Katherine Leclerc, ( sister of Phillip who is married to Esther who is the sister of Tait Zimmerman) Got all that?:) She has pictures up on her FB and no announcement but they are clearly a couple.... She seems perhaps fundie lite ish??

• 2 weeks later...

John Moore ( who appears to have gone really fundie lite) has broken up with his girlfriend. I DONT think it was a courtship situation so he has come a long way from drinking the VF Kool-Aid and working with them on their films/media. This was on his FB page.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just on Clark Wilson's family blog. His family helped the Duggars and Bates with their houses. Had no idea he has a 30 year old daughter named Leah. Now in our world 30 is no big deal being single...but in a fundie's world the pressure is on once they get to mid 20's. There is also Lana, 22 and Luke 20. Well they still got some time :roll:

John Moore ( who appears to have gone really fundie lite) has broken up with his girlfriend. I DONT think it was a courtship situation so he has come a long way from drinking the VF Kool-Aid and working with them on their films/media. This was on his FB page.

I guess she decided he wasn't good enough?

I can totally see all these unmarried "children" forming a community like the Epherta Cloisters of unwed celibates when the parents start to die off. They will sell handmade furniture, used cars, real estate, handmade frumpers and modest dresses, snoods, and embroidered "family cloth".

The Seven Farm Girl Sisters are one step ahead of you, Crackedeggs, they've got their Etsy store already up and running. : )

So,wonder how long it will be till some Duggars and Bateses and Phillips and all join them? Unmarried, living in men and women's separate dormitories...seriously how different will it be from their lives,now?

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1410627692532144&set=a.1384365328491714.1073741828.100007547803239&type=1&theater

Looks like Thomas Paine proposed to Dakota Young. I wonder if it was earlier today, at Olivia and Jordan Webster's wedding?

Why won't these fundies do something useful like become priests or nuns? Both are non married and some virgins when they convert. It's a loving way to serve God.

Why won't these fundies do something useful like become priests or nuns? Both are non married and some virgins when they convert. It's a loving way to serve God.

Because they would have to convert to Catholicism. Catholics are heathens who worship the saints & Mary & The Pope.

Because then they're be part of the Catholic church, and the Catholic church is, according to them, at best unChristian and at worst of the devil? Fundies don't have a celibate order of priests or nuns. They have old creeps like Gothard and wilting stay at home daughters.

Because then they're be part of the Catholic church, and the Catholic church is, according to them, at best unChristian and at worst of the devil? Fundies don't have a celibate order of priests or nuns. They have old creeps like Gothard and wilting stay at home daughters.

:angry-banghead: please fundies you are no better than anyone else. I don't know what bible they're reading but the bible I read mentions God is a very jealous God and there should be any other God you honor.

Why not convert? It seems to make much more sense. Virgin adults still living at home,homeschooling based on bible principles,eat,sleep,more bible time,no life.

So, as we all know, they announced Jill's courtship. And in other news:

facebook.com/isaac.botkin

Isaac Botkin is engaged! I did not see that one coming.

There are Anglican nuns outside the US. I don't see that happening here. I see unmarried fundie women helping as nannies to their nieces and nephews. For one nuns are usually really educated; they speak multiple languages, have medical training, teacher training etc..

There are Anglican nuns outside the US. I don't see that happening here. I see unmarried fundie women helping as nannies to their nieces and nephews. For one nuns are usually really educated; they speak multiple languages, have medical training, teacher training etc..

There are Anglican nuns inside the US, too. They just identify as Epsicopalian. :D

episcopalchurch.org/page/religious-orders-and-faith-communities

Honestly, if the seven farm girl sisters' parents passed away, I think they'd be fine. They have the skills to open up either a stationery/crafts store or a bridal shop. I can see them running a very successful modest bridal shop with an alterations department. They may be infantilized by their parents, but they do have real skills and talent.

There are Anglican nuns inside the US, too. They just identify as Epsicopalian. :D

episcopalchurch.org/page/religious-orders-and-faith-communities

And of course, Episcopalian is downright Pagan as far as the Duggars are concerned... women priests! gay priests! No, no, can't have the children exposed to the worldly temptations they might come across in an Episcopalian nunnery.

Was just on Clark Wilson's family blog. His family helped the Duggars and Bates with their houses. Had no idea he has a 30 year old daughter named Leah. Now in our world 30 is no big deal being single...but in a fundie's world the pressure is on once they get to mid 20's. There is also Lana, 22 and Luke 20. Well they still got some time :roll:

Do you have a link for the blog? I'm so curious about this family...I have been since the 14 and Preg again!

I can totally see all these unmarried "children" forming a community like the Epherta Cloisters of unwed celibates when the parents start to die off. They will sell handmade furniture, used cars, real estate, handmade frumpers and modest dresses, snoods, and embroidered "family cloth".

This cracked me up. They could adopt a fundy version of Shaker theology! No sex for anyone!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakers

This cracked me up. They could adopt a fundy version of Shaker theology! No sex for anyone!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakers

No sex for anyone? Well I suppose there's always IVF for reproduction purposes. However, that would involve a man masturbating and a woman letting someone else see her hoo-ha. I guess the human race will have to resign to extinction. :roll:

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived