IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

The two families DID know each other, but on the blog it says that Noah and Dorothy had never had an actual conversation. His father "released" him to go and find a wife. (I have no idea what released means in that context, but that was the term used.) Noah asked his mother and sisters who he should court. They all had the same answer, Dorothy Morton. So Noah contacted her father to ask him. Mr. M. did at least get Dorothy's consent. Noah sent letters and essays to the Mortons, describing his "vision." (This all took a week or two, I think.) It was apparently acceptable, so the courtship was a go. Noah and his sisters drove to the Morton's place, arriving on Tuesday. By Thursday evening she had a ring.

The Sanders had been living in Noah's shop/apartment while they built their house. He wasn't supposed to notice young women until he could support a family and was given permission. That's what the whole "released" thing was about. I've long suspected Noah and Darth had a crush on each other, and everybody knew it but them. They all interacted as a group quite a bit so they may not have had one on one conversations, but they would be familiar with each other.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if some of the single fundies are secretly gay? With the huge families they have, statistically, some of them have to be. And since acting on those feelings can't happen, they choose to be single, while reciting the party line of "well, god just hasn't brought me the right one". I have a cousin (fundie lite catholic) who says if one of her sons was gay, of course she would still love him, but he would have to be celibate if he wanted to go to heaven. I wonder if this is the same attitude in other fundie families? I think it's very sad.

I wonder if some of the single fundies are secretly gay? .

Some if the married one's are probably too. If you read David Waller's courtship story there's a paragraph about how he didn't really want to get married but his parents railroaded him into it. I'm not saying I'm 100% certain he's gay(I'm closer to 99.85%) but it's another thing that make me go "hmmm".

Some if the married one's are probably too. If you read David Waller's courtship story there's a paragraph about how he didn't really want to get married but his parents railroaded him into it. I'm not saying I'm 100% certain he's gay(I'm closer to 99.85%) but it's another thing that make me go "hmmm".

The more and more I think about it, David seems more child-like than gay

Does anyone have a link to where on their blog the courtship is talked about? Would love to read.

mortonclanthree.blogspot.de/2010_05_01_archive.html

this is the version from the Morton blog.

2 months later they were married..

Does anyone have a link to where on their blog the courtship is talked about? Would love to read.

Noah and Dorothys?

mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2010/05/story.html

Sanders p.o.v.

Part 1 : roravalley.com/blog/?p=779

2: roravalley.com/blog/?p=830

3: roravalley.com/blog/?p=880

It occurred to me that the most of the updating this list is going to get is to have people added to it when they turn 18. I don't think there will be very many people removed from it . . .

I wonder if we should have a small courting/engaged section to help track of whose on their way off the list.

I second this idea!

I wonder if we should have a small courting/engaged section to help track of whose on their way off the list.

So far we have:

Zach Bates and Whitney Perkins [engaged]

Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald [courting]

Martha Morton and Tayte Alexander [courting]

Pre-courting couples:

Alyssa Bates and John Webster

Thomas Paine and Dakota Young

As far as we know they're still just courting. Maybe we could specify which couples are courting and which are engaged.

Ah, I see.

Their terminology confuses me. Special friendship, pre-courting, courting, engagement, etc. Yeesh.

Ah, I see.

Their terminology confuses me. Special friendship, pre-courting, courting, engagement, etc. Yeesh.

Don't forget, some of the VF crowd has betrothal as an extra step in there. Usually between engagement and wedding.

I don't know if anyone follows the 11smiths (.blogspot.com) 8 children, ages 20 & up, and only 1 is married.

I don't know if anyone follows the 11smiths (.blogspot.com) 8 children, ages 20 & up, and only 1 is married.

Never heard of them before, but their blog is already my new crack. Zillions of stay-at-homers in frumpers... paydirt! :dance:

Wow. I was going to say something about how disturbingly childlike all the adult children in the 11smiths family are, but then *I* was the one that snickered about how one of them "HATES Hummers," so there's that. Even the married one seems to be on the continuum of willingly dim or not entirely there.

Never heard of them before, but their blog is already my new crack. Zillions of stay-at-homers in frumpers... paydirt! :dance:

Hold the phone, FJ---- I was looking at these Smith bios and got to daughter Emily. Lo and behold, there's a picture of her posed with NR Anna Maxwell! The fundie world just got smaller. How do they know each other?

11smiths.blogspot.com/2008/02/emily.html

What an...interesting family lol. But according to the August 30 blog, Melissa is engaged! So there are 9 adult children, with one married and one engaged. Hopefully some of those sisters can get married off before their fundie shelf life expires.

Hold the phone, FJ---- I was looking at these Smith bios and got to daughter Emily. Lo and behold, there's a picture of her posed with NR Anna Maxwell! The fundie world just got smaller. How do they know each other?

11smiths.blogspot.com/2008/02/emily.html

Hmm, maybe one of their daughters will be a future Maxwell bride. I couldn't tell how old any of them are, though.

They have a family photo section. From the years listed, and approximate ages of the kids at the time, it looks like approximate ages are 38, 36, 34, 31, 28, 27, 24, 22, & 20. The 27 yo one is the married one, and the engaged one is 38! There's hope for Poor Sarah Maxwell yet!

Stay at home daughters at nearly 40 years old...ouch.

They have a family photo section. From the years listed, and approximate ages of the kids at the time, it looks like approximate ages are 38, 36, 34, 31, 28, 27, 24, 22, & 20. The 27 yo one is the married one, and the engaged one is 38! There's hope for Poor Sarah Maxwell yet!

Stay at home daughters at nearly 40 years old...ouch.

Engaged at 38? Wow, that's really surprising. I wonder who she is marrying - a widower with kids maybe? It has to be someone that doesn't really want too many more blessings.

My very non-fundie aunt married at 38 and it took her over two years to conceive, and then another year and a half after that to conceive again. She was beginning to think she wouldn't have any more. She'll be 42 when her second is born, so I think the likelihood she'll have more is low.

On a side note, the two boys in the family are the perfect ages for Anna and Mary Maxwell, and the youngest girl for Joseph or John...

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived