IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

I wonder if its strategic. Its will be easier to control the young couple if they are somewhat dependent on Jim Bob. I bet they move into Marys house.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes me think of Lori's recent posts about how young people shouldn't worry about waiting to be financially stable before getting married, and parents should be willing to support the couple the first few years. She claims it's from the standpoint of "marriage is a blessing! Babies are blessings!", but with money comes power over others.

It makes me think of Lori's recent posts about how young people shouldn't worry about waiting to be financially stable before getting married, and parents should be willing to support the couple the first few years. She claims it's from the standpoint of "marriage is a blessing! Babies are blessings!", but with money comes power over others.

Interesting. Recently I was reading online sermons of the local semi-fundie church, including the ones on marriage. A lot (most) of what they said I disagree with, but they notably said that it is very important that the new couple make a complete break from their parents and don't let them control them. I suspect people like Lori don't want to let their children go because they still want to have control over them

As for Jessa, I wish her and her possible husband good fortune in their marriage. I dunno, though, they just seem so young to me.

I am also surpriswed that young Ben is only 18--I predict they will live in one of the Duggar family properties--maybe grandma's house that Josh and Anna lived in until moving to DC. So much for "Leave and Cleave."

And yes, religious fundies are more alike than they would ever admit--one year in college I had a muslim roommate from Saudi Arabia--she always slept in 3 layers of clothing: bra/panties, tank top, long sleeved PJs. Actually, she would just change in to that when ever she studied in the room, too!

That may be one of the reasons why fundie parents allowing their children to get married young. Not just for the babies but so they can maintain control over the married kids, never mind the stuff about "leave and cleave". And I can totally see JB doing this.

Parents using to maintainin strict control over their kids are not going to be willing to give it up very easily. They will find a way to keep their control and helping out financially is a common way to do it.

That may be one of the reasons why fundie parents allowing their children to get married young. Not just for the babies but so they can maintain control over the married kids, never mind the stuff about "leave and cleave". And I can totally see JB doing this.

Parents using to maintainin strict control over their kids are not going to be willing to give it up very easily. They will find a way to keep their control and helping out financially is a common way to do it.

Or on the other hand withhold financial help and encouragement for making the "wrong" decisions. It is really hard to go "against" your parents wishes when making the leap to adulthood.

Jessa's wearing earrings! I think this is a first for the Duggar daughters.

I think this is also confirmation that the "announcement" on tomorrow night's show involves either the courtship or possibly even an engagement. They're awfully chummy in that pic and too casual to be the formal engagement picture (which probably can't be released until the VSE we all know that's coming).

I thought they all had pierced ears. Thought for sure I'd seen the olders with at least little studs (gigglegigglek-snort)

Boob is smart enough to know to parlay an engagement into a VSE. Young Ben may well be scooping the Duggars again, but then again, he's VF, so maybe he wanted more freedom "in the area" of physical touch.

Looks like Ben brushed his teeth for this pic...they look whiter than the first pic that was posted. That being said; he still just doesn't look right with Jessa; something about him seems, I don't know - icky (for lack of a better adjective!).

The "snuggle" in the first picture of Jessa and Ben and the "snuggle" in the second picture look the same to me. It is pretty "touchy" for a courtship couple though.

Jill sometimes wears long earrings when she's off being a midwife.

Guess who is FB friends with Jonathan Hartono, the Indonesian kid who spends/spent a good amount of time with the Duggars? None other than . . . .

Jessa's beau, Ben Seewald

So, how long is a courtship expected to last? I know Josh knew Anna for one to two years, engaged and married in three months. Also, comparing this to Alyssa Bates who may not be courting, let's face it, but dating John that started somewhere during the summer.

Soo... Since they're side hugging... What are the chances they're engaged?

For them that's a whole lot of touching without being engaged. I'm surprised they are touching that much. Maybe because Gil and Kelly allow a little more physical contact

I feel like Jim bob wants to marry her off quickly for the show and Jessa probably is so happy to be doing something new and fun, that they will definitely marry sooner rather than later.

Share it :) A nightmare about Jim Bob sounds horrible. Thankfully, the only dream I ever had about the Duggars just consisted of me running off with Jordyn and Josie.

He asked me to have sex with him because he was terrified of Michelle's hair. Dear lord, come on. Any nightmare where Boob asks you to have sex with you is a freaking nightmare and a half. :wtf:

He asked me to have sex with him because he was terrified of Michelle's hair. Dear lord, come on. Any nightmare where Boob asks you to have sex with you is a freaking nightmare and a half. :wtf:

Especially if you consider the fact that contraception is a no-no for him, so chances are you`d be adding another Duggar to the world as a result of that encounter. I imagine that in a twisted turn of events that could only happen in a nightmare, Boob would hold you captive while the baby jestates, and Jichelle would announce J'20, fake a pregnancy, then bring out the new Duggar spawn and pretend she 'delivered it herself'. :o :(

Which hair?

Did she have the same bad hairstyle down there or something?

Okay...after watching last night's episode I'm even more convinced that Jessa sees Ben as not much more than a means to get away from the TTH. Maybe she actually likes him (despite the fact he can't possibly provide the life she is accustomed to) but I don't think that's the point. Her demeanor lately seems like she is over the family, the show, and especially over JimBoob. Okay, maybe not Joy-Anna levels over it but Jessa is just a better actress. Every time JB speaks she is mentally rolling her eyes. I think she is biding her time and doing things JB's way to appease him and then after she is married she can live her own life but still be in her family's good graces.

Archived