IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh, hes been on Facebook for three hours and has already posted so much Jesusy shit.

It's what they do. People who feel the need to praise Jesus every five minutes on Facebook don't last long with me.

18-year-old Ben now has a Facebook page where he is dispensing his wisdom: facebook.com/benL4CSeewald

Did I mention he's 18?

He is falling into the celebrity life quite well.

Kevin Smead is a Calvinist pastor.

essentialcalvinism.wordpress.com/about/

Doesn't look like this website has been touched since 2011, but he appears to be along the lines of John Piper and such. Blech.

I think she meant Kevin Smead's blog is inactive.

Yep. I was trying to dig up what I could find on him because I was wondering who this Smead dude that Ben was babbling about was and that's all I could really come up with.

Oh no we might have another Smuggar

Fuck....

At least Smuggar didn't feel the need to start a facebook page the second he got famous.

Looks like he's gone private with his real FB page and put this imitation up for the unwashed masses. Someone's obviously gotten in his ear about spoilers and now that they might be actually engaged, told to shut it down until episodes air. And we know there will be episodes and at least 2 VSE's. The lockdown merely confirms that Ben is now on TLC's payroll.

I wonder if Jessa will get a SYTTD spin-off. Jichelle went to Kleinfeld for her 'Vow Removal' dress, perhaps Jessa could be on SYTTD Atlanta? I know there have been southern brides on that show who've wanted something with more coverage, maybe they could find Jessa a nice modern-modest princess gown? Ideally this would be a trip for all the older girls, NOT when entire brood... Then again, it may be an emotionally difficult trip for some of the older sisters- Jana (who's languishing at home), Jinger (who's best sister-friend will be leaving the compound), and Joy (let's face it, she's never happy lately). Perhaps Cousin Amy can be a special guest when they shop for Jessa's gown. I know she's been disgraced from the show for whatever reason, but COME ON, this is the first female Duggar to get married, all the older women in the family should be present to help shop for the gown.

I wonder if Jessa will get a SYTTD spin-off. Jichelle went to Kleinfeld for her 'Vow Removal' dress, perhaps Jessa could be on SYTTD Atlanta? I know there have been southern brides on that show who've wanted something with more coverage, maybe they could find Jessa a nice modern-modest princess gown? Ideally this would be a trip for all the older girls, NOT when entire brood... Then again, it may be an emotionally difficult trip for some of the older sisters- Jana (who's languishing at home), Jinger (who's best sister-friend will be leaving the compound), and Joy (let's face it, she's never happy lately). Perhaps Cousin Amy can be a special guest when they shop for Jessa's gown. I know she's been disgraced from the show for whatever reason, but COME ON, this is the first female Duggar to get married, all the older women in the family should be present to help shop for the gown.

you know what? it should be just a selected few. grandma, j'chelle, amy, and a couple of jessa's favourite sisters. that'd be super cute.

some googling found me this, maybe it would be of use for the fundy brides?

http://www.altamodabridal.com/modest-wedding-dresses/

jessa would look amazing in this, if the sleeves were a little longer:

NG384-Free-Shipping-Formal-Modest-Sleeveless-Mermaid-Lace-Wedding-Dress-2012.jpg

and also on my search, i found something that would look stunning on JANA! *cough*:

modest-wedding-dress-lace-flowy.jpg

you know what? it should be just a selected few. grandma, j'chelle, amy, and a couple of jessa's favourite sisters. that'd be super cute.

some googling found me this, maybe it would be of use for the fundy brides?

http://www.altamodabridal.com/modest-wedding-dresses/

Wow, there are some really pretty modest dresses on this site! If I were ever to wear a wedding dress, I know it would break all modesty rules (not that I follow them), but as somebody who's into fashion it's interesting to see what kind of bridal looks can be done while keeping covered up.

I think dress #40 (the full ballgown with the buttons down the back) would be great for Alyssa Bates. She has a Kate Middleton page on pintrest, and this dress reminds me a bit of the royal wedding dress. I also like #28 (the crocheted lace gown)- maybe that one for Erin Bates? The crochet gives it a touch of country/heirloom, yet it's modern and very pretty. Plus it won't distract from her hair!

I am surprised Ben didn't make his FB private when the public found it with his photo of Jessa and him. TLC has to read here or someone close to the Duggars reads here or other snark boards.

I for one never understood why anybody wouldn't have FB private anyways. I don't need everyone knowing my business. IMO.

Some fundies get their dresses from the Mormon wedding dress site and there's actually some decent ones there.

http://www.latterdaybride.com/modest-we ... resses.php

My dress would be somewhat modest myself - I've had major backs surgery so I would want to make sure my scar was covered, and I want sleeves as I have no boobage to hold up a strapless and I have no desire for padding on my wedding day - I want to be natural.

This is one of the dresses from my board (I'm not even dating but I have a wedding daydream board), that I think would look gorgeous on Jessa.

6373fa1bf2667a33f4f6be3019fc22d5.jpg

Ben's normal FB page isn't private... at least it's as public as it was before.

don't bet on it it stops few men if they have any choice about it and a opportunity.

You can't convince me all of these young adult fundies are virgins. It's not that hard for them to sneak off for some sweet fellowshipping, especially at large group gatherings. Chaperones/accountability buddies can always be "convinced" to get lost or lie.

You can't make your profile unsearchable/private anymore. The most he could do is completely lock it does so you can't see any profile pictures, and all you could see was the cover picture and his name. That's would be it.

And trust me, not all these young fundies are virgins. I've been to church camps and stuff goes on there. Even though we're told "The boys are red and and the girls are blue. Don't make purple", that's bullshit. At my tiny private Christian school I went to after being homeschooled, people snuck off to make out. If it happens at these places, it surely happens at fundie retreats. It really isn't that hard to sneak out, and caperonesare easy to ditch or bribe off, especially if it's a sibling (siblings are great: you can "owe them" one, and let them sneak off another time). Trust me. It happens.

I can still see his profile pictures, though. And the comments on them. In fact, his profile looks exactly the same to me as it did when he was first discovered, except that now he has that new picture of him and Jessa up.

I'm not sure who said that they believed that all young fundies were virgins. I said that Ben is probably a virgin, and I stand by that based on the reasons I stated. I think the bigger issue is that if by chance he IS lying about his virginity to everyone, he's lying about other things, too. It makes me think of Autumn - the girl who got married when she was 15, and her husband turned out to be an abuser. I'm not saying Ben's an abuser, he could be the nicest guy in the world. I just hope that Jessa and the whole family are getting to know him really, really well.

Oh yah, so can I. Doesn't look like he's done much in the way of locking it down.

I wasn't trying to be rude with anything I said there, for the record. I tend to get kinda on a soapbox when anyone assumes that just because someone is fundie or just because someone attends a Christian school x, y, and z ALWAYS happens. It's one of my trigger buttons (the other one that sends me ranting is when someone uses "retard" as an insult. That sets me off too)), so I'm sorry if you misread my little rant! I don't think Ben is a abused, necessarily. It's just a huge pet peeve when anyone assumes that just because people were raised a certain way, that certain thing are going to happen.

Oh yah, so can I. Doesn't look like he's done much in the way of locking it down.

I wasn't trying to be rude with anything I said there, for the record. I tend to get kinda on a soapbox when anyone assumes that just because someone is fundie or just because someone attends a Christian school x, y, and z ALWAYS happens. It's one of my trigger buttons (the other one that sends me ranting is when someone uses "retard" as an insult. That sets me off too)), so I'm sorry if you misread my little rant! I don't think Ben is a abused, necessarily. It's just a huge pet peeve when anyone assumes that just because people were raised a certain way, that certain thing are going to happen.

Oh no, I didn't think you were being rude, and I'm sorry if I came off as rude in turn. Hooray for internet communication. :lol: I actually get annoyed about the same thing. I think it's dangerous to assume that all fundies must be or act the same. That's why I wanted to clarify that I never said that all young fundies must be virgins. (This is a big pet peeve of mine when it comes to history, too - the assumption that Victorians were all frigid prudes, or that before the 60s only bad people had sex before marriage, or that all women in the Middle Ages had arranged marriages when they were 13 - etc.)

Some fundies get their dresses from the Mormon wedding dress site and there's actually some decent ones there.

http://www.latterdaybride.com/modest-we ... resses.php

My dress would be somewhat modest myself - I've had major backs surgery so I would want to make sure my scar was covered, and I want sleeves as I have no boobage to hold up a strapless and I have no desire for padding on my wedding day - I want to be natural.

This is one of the dresses from my board (I'm not even dating but I have a wedding daydream board), that I think would look gorgeous on Jessa.

6373fa1bf2667a33f4f6be3019fc22d5.jpg

LOVE this dress!

These modest dresses are either straight out hits or misses. Some are gorgeous and lacy, but dude, some of these, it's like they're wearing pillowcases....

I still wonder what a strapless dress turned modest will look like.... for Erin. I don't know how good David's Bridal is for fancy alterations.

Archived