IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

Okay...after watching last night's episode I'm even more convinced that Jessa sees Ben as not much more than a means to get away from the TTH. Maybe she actually likes him (despite the fact he can't possibly provide the life she is accustomed to) but I don't think that's the point. Her demeanor lately seems like she is over the family, the show, and especially over JimBoob. Okay, maybe not Joy-Anna levels over it but Jessa is just a better actress. Every time JB speaks she is mentally rolling her eyes. I think she is biding her time and doing things JB's way to appease him and then after she is married she can live her own life but still be in her family's good graces.

Yeah, I always thought Jessa was wanting to get out of there, shes never seemed like the perfect fundie girl, shes certainly not going to be Ben's sweet, submissive little helpmeet. I think if he said he wanted 20 kids she would give him a vasectomy herself, lol. For a fundie girl, shes got quite a strong personality, and she has never seemed too interested in being a buddy and raising babies.

Shame she cant take Jinger with her, I always thought they would get sick of this shit and run away together.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I always thought Jessa was wanting to get out of there, shes never seemed like the perfect fundie girl, shes certainly not going to be Ben's sweet, submissive little helpmeet. I think if he said he wanted 20 kids she would give him a vasectomy herself, lol. For a fundie girl, shes got quite a strong personality, and she has never seemed too interested in being a buddy and raising babies.

Shame she cant take Jinger with her, I always thought they would get sick of this shit and run away together.

I totally agree and it's too bad she has to settle for a boy two years younger with not much to offer in ways of providing for her and a family. Jessa is very pretty and has a brightness about her usually; in the photos with Ben I do not see any sparkle!

I really don't see the lack of money due to his age as that much of an issue. The Duggars have plenty of spare homes they could live in, so really all he needs to earn is enough for food, clothing and incidentals. And with the TLC money I'm sure they'll get they should have a very nice safety net as they get settled. She also seems very practical, and lets not forget that she's been working for years. Not just helping to run a home, but just being a reality show persona requires a fair amount of work. So she should be able to contribute to running whatever business he has.

Okay...after watching last night's episode I'm even more convinced that Jessa sees Ben as not much more than a means to get away from the TTH. Maybe she actually likes him (despite the fact he can't possibly provide the life she is accustomed to) but I don't think that's the point. Her demeanor lately seems like she is over the family, the show, and especially over JimBoob. Okay, maybe not Joy-Anna levels over it but Jessa is just a better actress. Every time JB speaks she is mentally rolling her eyes. I think she is biding her time and doing things JB's way to appease him and then after she is married she can live her own life but still be in her family's good graces.

I don't know how you can conclude what you have in your first two sentences based on last night's episode. They showed 10 seconds of Ben and Jessa in a photograph. There was no interaction between them at all. Now what you are saying in the rest of your statement about Jessa wanting out of her family may be spot on. It isn't the first time a girl (even non fudies) gets married to get out of the house and it won't be the last. If Ben and Jessa do end up married I hope they are friends first. Couples who are friends tend to last as opposed to those who are primarily hormone driven.

I really don't see the lack of money due to his age as that much of an issue. The Duggars have plenty of spare homes they could live in, so really all he needs to earn is enough for food, clothing and incidentals. And with the TLC money I'm sure they'll get they should have a very nice safety net as they get settled. She also seems very practical, and lets not forget that she's been working for years. Not just helping to run a home, but just being a reality show persona requires a fair amount of work. So she should be able to contribute to running whatever business he has.

That's also assuming they're going to let her go with her share of the money...

That's also assuming they're going to let her go with her share of the money...

No. I'm assuming the engagement and wedding will be filmed by TLC and they'll get money from that.

Especially if you consider the fact that contraception is a no-no for him, so chances are you`d be adding another Duggar to the world as a result of that encounter. I imagine that in a twisted turn of events that could only happen in a nightmare, Boob would hold you captive while the baby jestates, and Jichelle would announce J'20, fake a pregnancy, then bring out the new Duggar spawn and pretend she 'delivered it herself'. :o :(

You/they could name the spawn Jermajesty, a la Jermaine Jackson. His Jermajesty is a boy, but I think it sounds more like a girl's name. Has anyone previously suggested this ridiculous j'name?

Especially if you consider the fact that contraception is a no-no for him, so chances are you`d be adding another Duggar to the world as a result of that encounter. I imagine that in a twisted turn of events that could only happen in a nightmare, Boob would hold you captive while the baby jestates, and Jichelle would announce J'20, fake a pregnancy, then bring out the new Duggar spawn and pretend she 'delivered it herself'. :o :(

You/they could name the spawn Jermajesty, a la Jermaine Jackson. His Jermajesty is a boy, but I think it sounds more like a girl's name. Has anyone previously suggested this ridiculous j'name?

Always with the arms crossed..........shame of self or judgment of others or both? Wow.

Or she's just more comfortable standing that way :roll:

Where are those pictures from? Some of the women in them are wearing pants, those heathens. They should purpose to read Michelle's parentables and then the Lord can convict them to start wearing skirts.

Is that his mom in the red shirt? Does SHE wear pants? Or will his family start drifting to Gothard standards?

Also, i noticed Jessa and Ben are both wearing plaid blue shirts.

Where are those pictures from? Some of the women in them are wearing pants, those heathens. They should purpose to read Michelle's parentables and then the Lord can convict them to start wearing skirts.

facebook.com/CEHerrmann/media_set?set=a.10201855959299016.1073741835.1184029164&type=3

His parents are only in their late 30's, so I doubt that couple in the 4-some pic are them. I think his father still has dark brown hair. Maybe an uncle/aunt? They don't look old enough to be his grands.

Meghann, that link didn't work. Did you find them on Ben's FB page?

His parents are only in their late 30's, so I doubt that couple in the 4-some pic are them. I think his father still has dark brown hair. Maybe an uncle/aunt? They don't look old enough to be his grands.

I don't know, they look like they could be mid to late 50s to me, which would make them potentially his grandparents. My folks looked younger than that when my oldest was Ben's age. My dad would of been 56 when his oldest grandchild was 18.

I do not see this relationship flying. She's got too many crossed armed pics and he is just too darned young! There're reaching and its gonna bite them in the ass.

The link is broken. I found them on the FB page of Clay Herrmann.

Is that his mom in the red shirt? Does SHE wear pants? Or will his family start drifting to Gothard standards?

At least one of his sisters has been seen in jeans. I think it would be hard to get a teen girl to stop her heathen jean-wearing just because her brother is marrying a Duggar.

I still find it hard to believe this guy is acceptable to Boob, even though he surely will be able to control him. (he's Joseph's age for heaven's sake.) I wonder if Jessa threatened an outright rebellion if she didn't get her way. Of all the older daughters, she's the one I could possibly see playing that card.

Or she's just more comfortable standing that way :roll:

Maybe, but body language is real and hers screams discomfort and/or judgment.

I remember his family had previous pictures of this habanero challenge on their fbs. Like, hot pepper eating challenges. I guess it's a Hot Springs thing.

His parents are the only fundies in the family, but they are a very close family. Those aren't his parents.

Archived