IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

Or she's just more comfortable standing that way :roll:

I was going to say that it looks like she'd going to some effort to hide her left hand a bunch...notice it's cut off in some pictures, we can't see her ring finger clearly? Maybe....

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a couple of those pictures Joy has her arms crossed as well and in one of the pictures all 3 Duggars do: Jessa, Joy, J'howler. Maybe it is a Duggar thing?

Jessa relly is stunningly beautiful, probably one of the most beautiful of all reality show people. The way she looks could have been a huge boost to a career-- actress, model, arm candy for a rich guy-- but as it is she has very little influence in fundie world. Personally I think it is tragic to think she is throwing it all away on a young fundie boy that she barely knows.

Perhaps all the arm crossing is her way of trying to hide an engagement ring from the cameras?? Just a theory

Or it is chilly. I do that when I am cold. When a stupid colleague decided to have students evaluate their teachers' personalities based on a very elementary understanding of body language, it was a very cold day and I came off looking very bad. Still kind of mad about that whole incident.

Damn that Jessa...she's doing a great job of hiding her left hand. There's one shot where I think I can see her ring finger and it's bare, but it may not go down far enough (the picture outside at night with Ben, some other guy, and the older man looking off in the other direction).

Jessa relly is stunningly beautiful, probably one of the most beautiful of all reality show people. The way she looks could have been a huge boost to a career-- actress, model, arm candy for a rich guy-- but as it is she has very little influence in fundie world. Personally I think it is tragic to think she is throwing it all away on a young fundie boy that she barely knows.

Seriously ? Arm candy for a rich guy is a preferable aspiration to marrying a boy who she seems to have chosen of her own free will ? Yuck.

There is one picture where you can see a ring on her finger but it might be her purity ring. It's To blurry to see if there is a diamond or not.

Seriously ? Arm candy for a rich guy is a preferable aspiration to marrying a boy who she seems to have chosen of her own free will ? Yuck.

Amen to that. I don't think women have much more influence in the modeling world or the "arm candy" world than they do in the fundie world.

also I noticed that always a J'boy between Jessa and Ben, UNLESS they purposely posing for a picture, he puts his arm around here and they get close. They seem to purposely stand apart if the J'boy isn't there.

1 She is definitely hiding that ring finger.

2 The pictures of them in the living room around family looks like it was an announcement

3 That's quiet a tight pencil skirt for someone who worries about modesty so much that pants are a nono.

Yeah, I don't think it's cause she's more comfortable that way. She definitely doesn't look overly comfortable. It looks to me like she's hiding a ring finger. Although, that would suck. If they are engaged, and she is truly excited about it, I imagine it would be very depressing to have to hide that fact just to keep the family gravy train rolling. I would be showing that ring off to anyone who would look!!

Wouldn't she be wearing her purity ring? I think that may make it hard to judge if it is an engagement ring or not.

The girls have been seen with their purity rings on the right hand as well as their middle fingers (I guess if they lose a few pounds?). At any rate, the girls said they move the ring around.

Maybe, but body language is real and hers screams discomfort and/or judgment.

Or she's nervous being around her boyfriend's family for the first time and is trying hard to not feel awkward. POP PSYCHOLOGY IS FUN!!!

Yeah, I don't think it's cause she's more comfortable that way. She definitely doesn't look overly comfortable. It looks to me like she's hiding a ring finger. Although, that would suck. If they are engaged, and she is truly excited about it, I imagine it would be very depressing to have to hide that fact just to keep the family gravy train rolling. I would be showing that ring off to anyone who would look!!

Especially when you have been brought up your whole life to believe that marriage is the ultimate end-goal.

Or it is chilly. I do that when I am cold. When a stupid colleague decided to have students evaluate their teachers' personalities based on a very elementary understanding of body language, it was a very cold day and I came off looking very bad. Still kind of mad about that whole incident.

Yeah, I've been called out multiple times as "resistant" to whatever was being said, because my arms were crossed. You know what? The world is over-air-conditioned, people! When that changes, I'll stop crossing my arms.

But seriously, that's a common way to stand. Three of the people in a photo above had their arms crossed. No sense in over-analyzing it.

Yeah, I've been called out multiple times as "resistant" to whatever was being said, because my arms were crossed. You know what? The world is over-air-conditioned, people! When that changes, I'll stop crossing my arms.

But seriously, that's a common way to stand. Three of the people in a photo above had their arms crossed. No sense in over-analyzing it.

Seriously, you can't read into crossed arms that much. It's ridiculous, especially given that it's the end of October and a lot of those pictures were taken outside at night. This is like a bitchy resting face issue.

I don't know how you can conclude what you have in your first two sentences based on last night's episode. They showed 10 seconds of Ben and Jessa in a photograph. There was no interaction between them at all. Now what you are saying in the rest of your statement about Jessa wanting out of her family may be spot on. It isn't the first time a girl (even non fudies) gets married to get out of the house and it won't be the last. If Ben and Jessa do end up married I hope they are friends first. Couples who are friends tend to last as opposed to those who are primarily hormone driven.

FWIW, Ben was also shown briefly near Jessa during some of her shots at the Flea Market...he's wearing a red shirt and jeans and at one point you can see him standing/walking around behind her and at one point he (I'm assuming it's him, also red shirt but headless) is sitting rather slouchily on a folding chair near her. Not that that gives much more info on their relationship...

I bet Ben not a virgin

He's very religious and he just turned 18 a few months ago, so I don't like your odds.

Seriously, you can't read into crossed arms that much. It's ridiculous, especially given that it's the end of October and a lot of those pictures were taken outside at night. This is like a bitchy resting face issue.

Actually the photos were posted at the end of September so they were taken sometime before then. In fact I'd guess the "leaked" courting photos were taking around this same timeframe.

It looks like the whole duggar clan was there including grandma. I'm not up to date on big family rules but it seems odd that your whole 20+ person family(San TLC crew) felt the need to go to your boyfriends family reunion unless you are more then boyfriend/girlfriend and plan to soon be joined by marriage. I would have never attended something like that with a boyfriend especially with my whole family following. But what do I know, I'm a heathen who dated.

He's very religious and he just turned 18 a few months ago, so I don't like your odds.

don't bet on it it stops few men if they have any choice about it and a opportunity.

Archived