IGNORED

Let the Boycotts Begin - Josh Duggar and FRC

Buzzard

I never tried CFA, I checked out their menu and seems like it's not such an enormous loss. Now I know I never will try it. FML I have win 8 on my lappie, I asked them to downgrade it, they said it was impossible. I dislike Mac, too bad. I wanted to rent some space with home depot, I called them for inquiries and they got my name and my personal data from the mobile service provider - who on Earth are they, the CIA?! - and they kept calling and emailing me. Emailing. So obnoxious. I don't use Garnier or JnJ products, I stick with greasy homemade soaps and not-so-famous brands. I don't think that other than win8, me and the duggars have too much in common as consumers.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like oil, I'm not going to boycott. Not because I think it's censorship, but I don't think pressuring advertisers to get bad ideas off the air is the right way to go. I'd prefer putting info out there (like on snark boards) on the truth about ATI, so anyone who googles Gothard can see it and judge for themselves. Better to have an open debate than to silence one side.

I'm even a little afraid boycotts could backfire because if the Duggars go off the air, the criticism of them will also be less visible and it's less likely someone considering joining ATI will see it. ATI is not going to just give up and disappear--it will try to keep spreading in less public ways.

I never tried CFA, I checked out their menu and seems like it's not such an enormous loss. Now I know I never will try it. FML I have win 8 on my lappie, I asked them to downgrade it, they said it was impossible. I dislike Mac, too bad. I wanted to rent some space with home depot, I called them for inquiries and they got my name and my personal data from the mobile service provider - who on Earth are they, the CIA?! - and they kept calling and emailing me. Emailing. So obnoxious. I don't use Garnier or JnJ products, I stick with greasy homemade soaps and not-so-famous brands. I don't think that other than win8, me and the duggars have too much in common as consumers.

CFA was delicious, and you could get nice little fruit salads as a side for the kids. Their lemonade was great. Sigh.

Why don't you like Apple?

CFA was delicious, and you could get nice little fruit salads as a side for the kids. Their lemonade was great. Sigh.

Why don't you like Apple?

I don't exactly hate it, but I have been using windows ever since I was like, 12. I used to work as a real estate agent and my boss had a huge laptop with a mac and I did not know the last thing about it and it scared the hell out of me. I just don't like new things I guess. I'm sticking with windows, that's it.

Um, I found this on 9gag. **will not embed. http://9gag.com/gag/axdxWyK It almost looks like our good old Cipiripi. That guy looks delish with the double tan. Yummmm...

Oil. Censorship has a definition. Pressuring a TV show's advertisers to pull their support does not meet it. I think what you're trying to say is you don't agree with it because it resembles censorship.

Oh no I know it you never said deny Duggars freedom. I was meaning denying the freedom of people who want to watch them and see how they live in that life style.

There is no right to a TV show. My rights were not infringed upon when Trauma: Life in the ER was cancelled (even though it was way more informational than 19KAC). Nor was my freedom limited.

There is no right to a TV show. My rights were not infringed upon when Trauma: Life in the ER was cancelled (even though it was way more informational than 19KAC). Nor was my freedom limited.

All true, although I think a one time exception should be made for "Freaks and Geeks" due to the criminal nature of that cancellation. Someone should have done some prison time for that.

All true, although I think a one time exception should be made for "Freaks and Geeks" due to the criminal nature of that cancellation. Someone should have done some prison time for that.

I'm pretty sure I have a right to stare at James Franco's face, come to think of it...

I strongly agree with minerva here. Who gives the right to people to claim access to other people's personal life because they find it entertaining? If it wasn't done on TV... If they weren't paid, it was called stalking. It still boggles my mind how come parent's consent is enough for such shit to be done with their children. I just can't believe it.

Like oil, I'm not going to boycott. Not because I think it's censorship, but I don't think pressuring advertisers to get bad ideas off the air is the right way to go. I'd prefer putting info out there (like on snark boards) on the truth about ATI, so anyone who googles Gothard can see it and judge for themselves. Better to have an open debate than to silence one side.

I'm even a little afraid boycotts could backfire because if the Duggars go off the air, the criticism of them will also be less visible and it's less likely someone considering joining ATI will see it. ATI is not going to just give up and disappear--it will try to keep spreading in less public ways.

For awhile, I've been wishing that ATI would be exposed in a very mainstream media way like how FLDS and IFB churches have been exposed. I think there will some kind of mainstream exposure of Gothard and ATI someday and I can see the Duggars and Bateses being tied in if that happens if 19kac is on still on the air.

I don't exactly hate it, but I have been using windows ever since I was like, 12. I used to work as a real estate agent and my boss had a huge laptop with a mac and I did not know the last thing about it and it scared the hell out of me. I just don't like new things I guess. I'm sticking with windows, that's it.

Um, I found this on 9gag. **will not embed. http://9gag.com/gag/axdxWyK It almost looks like our good old Cipiripi. That guy looks delish with the double tan. Yummmm...

Tosh. In a week you'd be a convert.

You're not missing anything. I'm actually quite surprised that anyone ever goes there, considering that both KFC and Popeye's are vastly superior in taste. I swear it's all just a scam to sell the worst-tasting chicken by getting people's religiosity all fired up.

bananacat, every time I go to town, and pass by it, I drool and God, I miss it. Maybe it's a regional difference in taste?

bananacat, every time I go to town, and pass by it, I drool and God, I miss it. Maybe it's a regional difference in taste?

I'm the same way. :? It's so embarrassing to admit, but I love the taste of CFA chicken. :embarrassed:

I have to buy 3 jars of Biscoff a week because my kids adore it on apples, bananas, in sandwiches, and by the spoonful. My daughter's first phrase was "Poonful, ME!" I don't know if it's widely available in the US, I've only seen it in the town we now live in in Arkansas. When we move I'm going to have to special order it. If you mix it with Nutella, you can hear the angels sing.

Aldi has biscoff spread on special buy right now. It is so ooooo delicious.

(Note, I am an aldi employee)

There are some great copycat CFA recipes out there. If you pan fry in peanut oil, the taste is pretty damn good. I worked at the food court in college and we had a CFA. I cut up chicken and dredged it in the seasoned flour, so it's def doable at home.

There are some great copycat CFA recipes out there. If you pan fry in peanut oil, the taste is pretty damn good. I worked at the food court in college and we had a CFA. I cut up chicken and dredged it in the seasoned flour, so it's def doable at home.

You are quickly becoming my fav poster. :D I read and post on your blog, you have saved me money on Biore strips, and now you know how to make Chic-fil-a...... :worship: If you'll post the recipe, I'll be your best friend ;)

ETA having a social conscience is hard when I'm hungry

I know, I have a pinterest and copycat recipes pop up very often. I love them, especially the Chipotle and the Taco bell copycats. Kewl :3

Not being an American I have never had CFA, but KFC is GROSS and way too salty. And I am, shamefully, a fast food fan.

You are quickly becoming my fav poster. :D I read and post on your blog, you have saved me money on Biore strips, and now you know how to make Chic-fil-a...... :worship: If you'll post the recipe, I'll be your best friend ;)

ETA having a social conscience is hard when I'm hungry

D'awww, you're so sweet! You have no idea how happy I am people read it. I actually have a post for homemade super lotion ready for tomorrow (make your own Monday) but that gives me a really good idea...a weekly post of a copycat recipe to save money on fast food. I love it! I shall dedicate the first copycat post to you, my favorite follower! :romance-grouphug:

Not being an American I have never had CFA, but KFC is GROSS and way too salty. And I am, shamefully, a fast food fan.

I don't know what happened to KFC, they used to serve delicious, juicy thighs way back, now all they hand out is the least desirable cuts of the chicken. The ribs and shit, the rear of the chicken full of bones, large, greasy sheets of skin and dry meat like sawdust that you choke on. What in the world happened?

Agree. KFC is gross. Maybe it's just gross in Europe.

I don't know what happened to KFC, they used to serve delicious, juicy thighs way back, now all they hand out is the least desirable cuts of the chicken. The ribs and shit, the rear of the chicken full of bones, large, greasy sheets of skin and dry meat like sawdust that you choke on. What in the world happened?

Their food does taste awful now. In my memory it was so much better. I have been to CFA a couple of times because there really isn't one close here and they aren't open on Sundays which is the time I would be more likely to get fast food.

On the taste thing all fast food tastes absolutely vile to me. Unless I know what it is is. ie. I see raw potatoes going in to vegetable oil I'm ok with that.

As for the boycott thing. Is it more a moral rather than economic stance? All the boycotting in the world did not bring down apartheid in SA. In part due to the lethargy of the UK/US governments.

I have heard that the reason that CFA is so tasty is that they use pickle juice in their seasoning. I have no idea if that's actually accurate or not. I haven't eaten there in a loooooooooooong while. I actually only used to eat there because I had a huge crush on a boy who worked there (ah, high school days!).

Add me to the list of folks who don't like KFC. Too greasy for me. I've never had Popeyes. I guess I'm more of a boneless, skinless kind of gal.

I have heard that the reason that CFA is so tasty is that they use pickle juice in their seasoning. I have no idea if that's actually accurate or not. I haven't eaten there in a loooooooooooong while. I actually only used to eat there because I had a huge crush on a boy who worked there (ah, high school days!).

Add me to the list of folks who don't like KFC. Too greasy for me. I've never had Popeyes. I guess I'm more of a boneless, skinless kind of gal.

I believe the batter also has powder sugar. No joke.

Archived