IGNORED

Let the Boycotts Begin - Josh Duggar and FRC

Buzzard

Oh no, I love everything Ferrero makes :( I love all things hazelnut. Does anyone know of a good Nutella replacement in the UK? The alternatives I've tried are mostly too sweet or don't have the right texture, too much like buttercream frosting.

That new(for aus at least) Cadbury Philly is nicer IMO.

I doubt that the profits from sales in the UK are being fed back into the advertising budget in the USA. Your Ferrero products are probably made in the UK or France or something. So there isn't really any reason to worry.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it with you freaks who don't like Nutella? :? That stuff is the food of the gods (although there are no gods)! While I'm at it, I'll have a dozen Ferraro Rocher and a big box of Perugina Baci. I know it's not made with the best ingredients, but it's still crazy good (I hear the European version is much better in that respect, although not as smooth). Plenty of delicious food is made from crap ingredients. Hell, I hate Girl Scout cookies and plenty of people love them, and they are some of the worst cookies out there ingredient-wise.

I will join the boycott though. There are alternatives these days. One of you mentioned Aldi's. I don't have Aldi's but I have Trader Joe's. There must be a TJ version if there is an Aldi version. It is vitally important to have it this weekend since I am making my mother a birthday cake with chocolate hazelnut frosting.

As someone mainly from Eastern Europe, when I was a kid our parents would take trips in former Yugoslavia and get home with a truckload of Cipiripi. Cipiripi was a bicolor hazelnut cream, it came in small containers or in a really classy drinking glass with a squirrel's face on it. It totally did have nuts, it wasn't all sawdust and cocoa powder. JWorYHJiWnQ I totally wish it was still around. Some say it is, some say it isn't, maybe Knorr's got the license now, heaven knows. This was teh shit!

What is it with you freaks who don't like Nutella? :? That stuff is the food of the gods (although there are no gods)! While I'm at it, I'll have a dozen Ferraro Rocher and a big box of Perugina Baci. I know it's not made with the best ingredients, but it's still crazy good (I hear the European version is much better in that respect, although not as smooth).

I too, am completely disheartened to find out that at least 6 people on this board are chocolate/hazelnut spread haters. Oh well, no one ever said loving the sinner and hating the sin was easy. :shrug:

That new(for aus at least) Cadbury Philly is nicer IMO.

I doubt that the profits from sales in the UK are being fed back into the advertising budget in the USA. Your Ferrero products are probably made in the UK or France or something. So there isn't really any reason to worry.

I am actually not a huge fan of Cadbury - I'll eat it, but it's too sweet without the necessary creaminess. Lindt goes the other way and is too buttery-tasting. I love Green & Black's milk chocolate with almonds though (which is owned by Cadbury-Schweppes anyway).

I too, am completely disheartened to find out that at least 6 people on this board are chocolate/hazelnut spread haters. Oh well, no one ever said loving the sinner and hating the sin was easy. :shrug:

I'm not a huge fan of the chocolate/hazelnut combination (although that's possibly because I was violently sick after eating a Kinder Bueno - not the Kinder Bueno's fault it was just the last thing I ate and without being tmi it does NOT enhance the smell of vomit...)

For me it's all about Speculoos (Biscoff Spread) - an amazing discovery I made whilst living in France :D

I saw on this thread some people believing "the show should be taken off the air." Some FJers want to use censorship to save people from possibly may be joining ATI. That is what I dont agree. I dont believe the people need to be protected by deciding they are too weak-minded and may be fooled into ATI.

Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient.

I want TLC to take it off the air. But I wouldn't demand laws suppressing their speech. I fully support their rights to try and get on tv and I fully support the rights of advertisers and television companies to decide that they don't want them on tv. The information about the Duggars and ATI will still be out there for anyone who wants to learn. I have the right to say I'm not going to buy products that support a hate group and sending letters to tell the companies that isn't censoring the Duggars. I'm not going to force anyone to not watch the show or to boycott, but letting others know what companies support a show that depicts hate as love so they can choose to boycott isn't censorship, at least here.

I saw on this thread some people believing "the show should be taken off the air." Some FJers want to use censorship to save people from possibly may be joining ATI. That is what I dont agree. I dont believe the people need to be protected by deciding they are too weak-minded and may be fooled into ATI.

Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient.

You are not a troll by any chance, are you. :think:

I'm not a huge fan of the chocolate/hazelnut combination (although that's possibly because I was violently sick after eating a Kinder Bueno - not the Kinder Bueno's fault it was just the last thing I ate and without being tmi it does NOT enhance the smell of vomit...)

For me it's all about Speculoos (Biscoff Spread) - an amazing discovery I made whilst living in France :D

TJs has you covered if you're in the US. But I don't know how I feel about helping out someone who doesn't like the choc-hazelnut combo. Sad, tasteless person. :naughty:

Y'all can add me to the list of Nutella haters. I really wanted to like it; I tried it on the recommendation of some Nutella lovers on another internet board.

I just couldn't. Something about the texture. I do like actual/real hazelnuts, and I like hazelnut coffee, but Nutella - just no.

Oil, would you think it was censorship if a openly racists family was unable to get a reality tv show because advertisers didn't want to support that sort of hate?

Does anyone really believe that Josh would be hired for this position, over educated super conservatives, for anything other than publicity? Say Josh gets the job. Once the show is over, no way will Josh still be employed. The only thing he can offer is a little publicity. Very conservative politicians and lobbyists are not going to be impressed by Josh and his SOTDRT education. These people may be conservative but they are also savvy and educated. I don't believe their version of being conservative, even as evangelicals, is the same as the Duggars. I would love to see how Josh would handle having to take orders from an educated conservative woman. They aren't all going to be wearing long jean skirts and bowing down to men. I think Josh is in for a shock.

Oh yes. Totally this.

The only way Josh could even get this job (assuming that he has been hired) is because of publicity from the show. That's it. He has NO other qualifications and to be honest, no way is publicity based on a reality show going to truly count as a "qualification" amongst the super educated types in DC.

I also don't believe for a moment that there weren't other ambitious, highly educated, young Republicans that applied the job. If so, then some of them are probably pissed at someone like SOTDRT uneducated Josh getting the job. This may set Josh up for being undermined. Also agree that DC conservatives are not the same type of conservatives that Josh is used to, but Josh is going to assume that they are. That should cause some interesting moments. Josh is probably going to walk into the office that first day with other people already snickering at him. From where I see it, he's probably walking into a snake pit.

Hopefully working with normal Republicans who arent ATI will teach him something about how you can be Christian and conservative but not be fundie....or at least make him realise how uneducated and unprepared for the world he is

TJs has you covered if you're in the US. But I don't know how I feel about helping out someone who doesn't like the choc-hazelnut combo. Sad, tasteless person. :naughty:

Haha I can buy it in the UK, but only in one supermarket chain :(

Hopefully working with normal Republicans who arent ATI will teach him something about how you can be Christian and conservative but not be fundie....or at least make him realise how uneducated and unprepared for the world he is

Agreed that there is a chance that he will learn a few important things about himself, provided that he's surrounded by GOP folks who can honestly assist him and not undermine him.

It seems like someone is trying to keep news of Joshie's new job quiet. But who? TLC or FRC?

I'm pretty sure it's TLC. FRC is a hate group; I doubt they'd be concerned about public reaction to hiring Smuggar.

It just makes me ill that Josh and Anna will be living in the city that I love and wish I could get back to. OTOH, I love that they have absolutely no idea what they're in for. According to CNN's cost of living calculator, housing prices in DC are 170% higher than in Little Rock (they wouldn't let me choose Tontitown as an option). Traffic is just... there's just no comparison. DC is one of the top 10 cities for worst traffic. And I'm pretty sure Smugs and his family won't lower themselves to taking the bus or *gasp* the Metro. BLACK people ride on the metro! :pink-shock: Also, public transportation is subsidized by the states, and they wouldn't want to compromise their principles by... okay, I can't even finish that sentence.

Nah, can't see that happening. The sexual harassment claim, I mean. I doubt that concept even exists in a culture such as the one FRC promotes. Any woman who would make such a claim would be nothing more than a slut, looking to make a buck. It couldn't be harassment because clearly, she would be asking for it. No man would ever be held accountable because really, how could he stop himself in the face of such temptation? Her flaunt, her fault, her fault!

You think they let FEMALES work at FRC? :naughty:

Well, now there are three of us who don't like it. :lol: I tried it not long ago and just couldn't stand it. So disappointing. I mean--chocolate! In spread form! On toast! What's not to like? And yet, yuck. :doh:

:text-+1:

I fear, it doesn´t really matter if I would boycott Nutella over here or not wouldn´t it :rawr:

( We don´t buy Nutella anyway, we buy organic " Schoko - Haselnuss Aufstrich", Ferrero should be avoided nonetheless!)

By the way, you can also make your own Nutella! :wink-kitty:

340g Halbfettmargarine (40% Fett)/ Butter or Margarine

120g Zähflüssiger Honig / good Honey or Maple syrup

80g Sonnenblumenöl /Sunflower oil

140g Puderzucker / powdered sugar

35g Vanillinzucker /vanilla sugar

150g gemahlene Haselnüsse / grounded hazelnuts

95g dunkles Kakaopulver (100%) / cocoa powder

40g Speisestärke (Maisstärke/Maizena) / corn starch

g = grams

Margarine, Honig, Öl, Puder- und Vanillezucker zu einer glatten Masse vermengen. Die restlichen Zutaten mischen und anschließend zu der Masse geben. Alles gut verrühren.

Die Creme vorsichtig in der Mikrowelle (oder im Topf, brennt jedoch sehr leicht an) ein wenig erhitzen, bis sich die Zuckerkristalle aufgelöst haben und die Creme so flüssig (aber immer noch zähflüssig) ist, dass sie in Gläser abgefüllt werden kann. Im Kühlschrank aufbewahren.

Mix Margarine/Butter, honey, sunflower oil, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar until its smooth.

Mix all remaining ingredients and add it to the mass you already made.

Mix everything very good until smooth.

Now heat the Creme you made carefully in a pan or in the microwave until the sugar crystals dissolve. When the creme is liquid but still viscid (imagine toffee or caramel), fill it into jars.

This makes actually one kilo or 2 pounds of nutella :sick:

This sounds great! But keep it in the FRIDGE (Kühlschrank = Fridge/Refrigerator. Freezer = Gefrierfach)

You think they let FEMALES work at FRC? :naughty:

The current president of FRCAction is a woman. I wonder how that's going to pan out, since he's been taught not to take orders from anything with XX chromosomes.

frcaction.org/index.cfm?i=WX06C18

I find boycotting easy -- heck, I won't buy any product whose commercial annoys me! :lol: But I'm lucky to live in an area with lots of choices, including small businesses.

I'm beginning to think that hazelnuts are like cilantro -- love or hate, with very few people in the middle.

Oh, and here's what the SPLC has to say about FRC:

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... ZeTqcpAFco

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/n ... ZeUmspAFco

Archived