IGNORED

Let the Boycotts Begin - Josh Duggar and FRC

Buzzard

I strongly believe in freedom too. Where have I said that I want to deny the Duggars freedom? They will be free as hell to spew their hate anywhere that will take them if TLC decides that they no longer want to support a family with their beliefs.

I don't want to get rid of it because it hurt me. I want it to go off because I don't think hate groups should be packaged as being loving. I view it as a form of propaganda. If they showed the truth of ATI and FRC and how much damage it was, then I wouldn't have a problem with the show. But they lie and cover up all that.

Oh no I know it you never said deny Duggars freedom. I was meaning denying the freedom of people who want to watch them and see how they live in that life style.

I agree with you for TLC to tell the WHOLE story of the ATI. Only if they dont, its our own responsibility to find the truth if we like the Duggars and want to join their religion. I dont like some one telling me "you cant watch that because its a lie and you might be hurt." But still I agree I would LOVE to see Gothard on an episode preaching. I would get a big popcorn and scream YOU BASTARD to the tv.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a huge fan of the chocolate/hazelnut combination (although that's possibly because I was violently sick after eating a Kinder Bueno - not the Kinder Bueno's fault it was just the last thing I ate and without being tmi it does NOT enhance the smell of vomit...)

For me it's all about Speculoos (Biscoff Spread) - an amazing discovery I made whilst living in France :D

I have to buy 3 jars of Biscoff a week because my kids adore it on apples, bananas, in sandwiches, and by the spoonful. My daughter's first phrase was "Poonful, ME!" I don't know if it's widely available in the US, I've only seen it in the town we now live in in Arkansas. When we move I'm going to have to special order it. If you mix it with Nutella, you can hear the angels sing.

Oh no I know it you never said deny Duggars freedom. I was meaning denying the freedom of people who want to watch them and see how they live in that life style.

I agree with you for TLC to tell the WHOLE story of the ATI. Only if they dont, its our own responsibility to find the truth if we like the Duggars and want to join their religion. I dont like some one telling me "you cant watch that because its a lie and you might be hurt." But still I agree I would LOVE to see Gothard on an episode preaching. I would get a big popcorn and scream YOU BASTARD to the tv.

But people only want to watch the show because they've been lied to, because they think the Duggars are this nice family. Nobody is saying that the viewer should be punished by having the show taken away, people are saying we should punish the Duggars because having this show helps them keep up the lies. A show exposing Gothardism would be a whole other show.

Cults, Gothardism included, prey on the vulnerable and weak, the kind of people who cannot easily do like you say and find out the truth before joining ATI. The truth has been hidden, that's why groups like FJ want to expose it.

Re you being a troll, I don't think you are a troll, I just think there are some cultural and language barriers - but that is OK. But it is normal for people to be challenged on their views here. There are many opposing viewpoints on here, differences in religion and politics and all sorts. It's OK for you to disagree with people here! Just be OK with people disagreeing with you too.

But people only want to watch the show because they've been lied to, because they think the Duggars are this nice family. Nobody is saying that the viewer should be punished by having the show taken away, people are saying we should punish the Duggars because having this show helps them keep up the lies. A show exposing Gothardism would be a whole other show.

Cults, Gothardism included, prey on the vulnerable and weak, the kind of people who cannot easily do like you say and find out the truth before joining ATI. The truth has been hidden, that's why groups like FJ want to expose it.

Re you being a troll, I don't think you are a troll, I just think there are some cultural and language barriers - but that is OK. But it is normal for people to be challenged on their views here. There are many opposing viewpoints on here, differences in religion and politics and all sorts. It's OK for you to disagree with people here! Just be OK with people disagreeing with you too.

It's ok to disagree with people on here....just as long as you don't do so in a trollish manner like all caps, insulting, etc. You can still have opposing viewpoints while not being a troll and a jerk.

I just went to WalMart and bought my last giant sized Nutella this morning. I gave up Chic-fil-A, so I can give up this. Now I'm going to go dive into the chocolatey hazelnutty goodness one last time :drool: I'm seriously going to miss this stuff. I get testy when I have PMS if I don't have it, but it's all for the cause. :(

Jif it is.

Don't forget to boycott Swiffer and Campbell's (rows of soup in the Duggar Grocery...err....pantry.

It's ok to disagree with people on here....just as long as you don't do so in a trollish manner like all caps, insulting, etc. You can still have opposing viewpoints while not being a troll and a jerk.

Oil has been told this on at least one other thread by me and several others. Yet the crux of most of the arguments remains FJ'ers can't handle anyone who disagrees. That why I wonder if something is fishy.

:P

Oil, look up David and Priscilla Waller's wedding video on YouTube. Starting at about the 15-minute mark, Bill Gothard himself begins preaching. Until I'd watched the video, I'd never even seen the guy before.

(Just make sure you protect your computer scren, wouldn't want to be responsible for you throwing something at it! :) )

I think it's a culture/language barrier. She really isn't pinging my trolldar, and to be honest, I think some people are a little too quick with that label here when they encounter someone new with a non majority view.

Oil, look up David and Priscilla Waller's wedding video on YouTube. Starting at about the 15-minute mark, Bill Gothard himself begins preaching. Until I'd watched the video, I'd never even seen the guy before.

(Just make sure you protect your computer scren, wouldn't want to be responsible for you throwing something at it! :) )

Ok, thanks!

But the thing is for David and Priscilla wedding how did they pan that out with old Bill himself attending family friend or David's boss because it still came across as wholesome more so when folks don't know who he is.

I dont know how the boycott would work for me seeing as I am the UK as the sponsors are slightly different I would imagine and I dont even like Nutella its rank.

Oh and for the person that keep saying jif has it we have a household cleaner of that name and I laughed sorry.

Going without the Nutella is gonna be hard. I made a cake with it a few weeks ago. One jar and four beaten eggs.

Haven't tried the biscoff, but I see it a lot more in stores now. They sell it in the bakery at Kroger in individual cups. It sounds kinda good, but IDK.

I buy the store brand anyway because it is a little cheaper.

I only tried Nutella a few times....too sweet for me.

And sorry.....but I absolutely believe that the Duggars should be canceled. There are plenty of other channels that the Duggars can spew their brand of lol truth on and I'm quite sure that they probably would be fine on the Christian lecture circuit so it's not like they wouldn't be restricted.

I believe in freedom of speech and of course the Duggars have that right to broadcast what they wish. However, their brand of fundieism or whatever you want to call Gothard has no place whatsoever on national television. And from a business point of view, it doesn't do TLC any good to have their name associated with a cult that demeans women and children, is pretty much anti-everything, associates with politicians who believe that women cant get pregnant from rape and have one of their stars work for a wellknown hate group.

So why should the Duggars stay around when that show about the Muslims gets canceled within seconds? Yeah, I thought the Duggars were a nice family too until I saw sites like this.

Just want to point out that there are many more sponsors than just Nutella.

Many more.

Many more.

I think the point was that Nutella was beyond an advertiser- they paid for product placement in the Duggar kitchen

I think the point was that Nutella was beyond an advertiser- they paid for product placement in the Duggar kitchen

I get that, but they aren't the only product placers either. If you want to hit TLC's pocketbook, fixating on just one sponsor isn't going to do that.

A lot of these types of protests start with one sponsor.

I get that, but they aren't the only product placers either. If you want to hit TLC's pocketbook, fixating on just one sponsor isn't going to do that.

I jumped on Nutella because it stuck out in my mind. I fully intend to send emails to other large sponsors as well. I think JCP will be second on my list.

Many more.

Alluded to in my post, Little Edie. :D We really need to pay attention to the advertisers of the show, both commercials, and within the show itself (ie. Campbells was not pixellated out when they toured the pantry in the "food raid").

What about Aldi's - isn't that the name of the supermarket that they got to/flogged in the past?

What is the latest on FRC - they'd made a statement that he was only one candidate being considered. Even that org would have to be desperate to hire someone with zero experience.

Have not tried Biscoff but the Trader Joe's cookie butter is fabulous. Btw, TJ is owned by the same company as Aldi.

A lot of these types of protests start with one sponsor.

I think one is a start but you need to write a simple letter to many (like I posted earlier was done with Kate Gosselin)

It only takes a minute to send a quick email under the contact us section of a website. Here is the list of last weeks advertisers.

TJMaxx (twice)

Panera Bread

Cash Call.com

Quaker Oats

Toyota

Pizza Hut (twice)

Home Depot

Clorox(twice)

Outback Steakhouse (twice)

Pier One

Maxwell House

Jcpenney (twice)

Pistachios

Garnier

Windows 8

Johnson & Johnson

Kindle

Geico

State Farm

True Value

Tyson Chicken

I think one is a start but you need to write a simple letter to many (like I posted earlier was done with Kate Gosselin)

It only takes a minute to send a quick email under the contact us section of a website. Here is the list of last weeks advertisers.

TJMaxx (twice)

Panera Bread

Cash Call.com

Quaker Oats

Toyota

Pizza Hut (twice)

Home Depot

Clorox(twice)

Outback Steakhouse (twice)

Pier One

Maxwell House

Jcpenney (twice)

Pistachios

Garnier

Windows 8

Johnson & Johnson

Kindle

Geico

State Farm

True Value

Tyson Chicken

I can see Amazon pulling out Kindle ads from 19kac. Jeff Bezos supports gay marriage and one of the Kindle commercials had a gay couple.

Archived