IGNORED

David, Priscilla, & Paul Waller - Pecan Thief in the Family

happy atheist

Plus, is it a SOTDRT fail to call a shamrock a "ST. Patricks's Day Leaf"???

Isn't the legend that St Patrick use the three leaves of the shamrock to teach the Irish about the Trinity?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the Keller boys' depiction of the David's "St. Patric's Day" (SOTDRT strikes again) conversion attempts:

Bizq5SRCcAAflxp.jpg

Loving the pink shoes although I think they would have worked better on the David figure.

TFDW just tweeted the following pic. I hope Paul got a little smash cake of his own!

twitter.com/DavidNCil/status/445417394949738496/photo/1

One of the Keller boys' depiction of the David's "St. Patric's Day" (SOTDRT strikes again) conversion attempts:

Bizq5SRCcAAflxp.jpg

Loving the pink shoes although I think they would have worked better on the David figure.

How old are the two youngest Kellers? Surely theyre at least 16 by now....really makes homeschooling look superior :roll:

I think David thinks very highly of himself and looks down on most other people. I have no idea if he is gay, but he very clearly did not want to get married.

To the bolded: agree. I don't know if he is gay either, but reading his story on the davey loves priscilla site, it was very clear that he did not want to get married. There could be all kinds of reasons why not, so not taking that as an indicator that he's gay, but it was clear as day that his parents pushed him into it. And it was wrong of them to do so.

It's too bad really. Priscilla does seem to be a very sweet person, regardless of what issues she may or may not have (developmental, SOTDRT, who knows) but at this point I feel that she deserved somebody who would be willing and happy to be married to her rather than someone who seems to just tolerate her (the "I guess" comment comes to mind) and doesn't seem to have any consideration for her (pecan thievery incident).

How old are the two youngest Kellers? Surely theyre at least 16 by now....really makes homeschooling look superior :roll:

Looks like a third grader did it. I think they are both at least 16...wow.

Looks like a third grader did it. I think they are both at least 16...wow.

Was it done on some kind of computer graphics system because my drawing is often iffy on Paint, etc.

I will say, it is more amusing to think the thing the green hatted character is pressing into the hand of the innocent bystander is a condom.

And that is my tween moment for the day.

I'm assuming it was done in Paint. But I wouldn't be showing it to anyone. Maybe he doesn't really like his little brother-in-law and wants to make him look bad? Davey seems to be the kind to point out others' flaws to make himself appear better.

Ok, I just read David's story, on the D loves P site. From what I can tell, he was immediately smitten by P, but wanted to wait until he was 25 to get married, maybe to the dismay of his parents. But, once he spoke to her Dad, and got the green light, it seemed as though everything was full steam ahead. I have read, more than once, that it's clear he didn't want to get married. What am I missing?

I know a normal fundy courtship is an oxymoron to us, but the story sounds pretty standard, so what am I not getting?

Also, I find it SO bizarre that he was only asked two questions by her dad, and that the second question was "can you be trusted on the internet?" These people are just too much.

Ok, I just read David's story, on the D loves P site. From what I can tell, he was immediately smitten by P, but wanted to wait until he was 25 to get married, maybe to the dismay of his parents. But, once he spoke to her Dad, and got the green light, it seemed as though everything was full steam ahead. I have read, more than once, that it's clear he didn't want to get married. What am I missing?

I know a normal fundy courtship is an oxymoron to us, but the story sounds pretty standard, so what am I not getting?

Also, I find it SO bizarre that he was only asked two questions by her dad, and that the second question was "can you be trusted on the internet?" These people are just too much.

David loves P, alright.

P, as in Penis....

What can you expect from a marriage with a timeline rivalled by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humprhries...

Permission to Court-Sept 20, 2011

Engagement- November 10, 2011

Wedding- Before Valentines 2012 (written this way to prove a point about him and his dumb video with Priss stating being married for 2 valentines days as of 2014. Although 4 subtract 2 is 2. SOTDRT Fail.

Now, I understand that permission to court in fundieland is technically engagement everywhere else, and engagement is really 'we need the credit card to buy coldcuts and birthday cakes for non relatives', but he rushed into the relationship, probably figuring that if he didn't pounce, he'd be waiting just as long as his older brother Adam, who, based on his blog, seems to have been experiencing some impatience with the wait. While Adam seems a little off as well, I think he's got a nicer personality than David, and Adam and his wife have some schmick of the real world.

I'd say if David went out in the real world to work in a real job, he'd be the first one in HR crying about someone taking his lunch from the shared fridge.

Eta clarification on who said what...

To the bolded: agree. I don't know if he is gay either, but reading his story on the davey loves priscilla site, it was very clear that he did not want to get married. There could be all kinds of reasons why not, so not taking that as an indicator that he's gay, but it was clear as day that his parents pushed him into it. And it was wrong of them to do so.

It's too bad really. Priscilla does seem to be a very sweet person, regardless of what issues she may or may not have (developmental, SOTDRT, who knows) but at this point I feel that she deserved somebody who would be willing and happy to be married to her rather than someone who seems to just tolerate her (the "I guess" comment comes to mind) and doesn't seem to have any consideration for her (pecan thievery incident).

yah, wonder if she really wanted to camp out all night at the chick as well.I mean darn,it was cold! hopefully david didn't preach to the crowd all night.

yah, wonder if she really wanted to camp out all night at the chick as well.I mean darn,it was cold! hopefully david didn't preach to the crowd all night.

Oh, puh-leeze! You think he'd miss an opportunity to evangelize? No way. I'm sure those people were accosted all night long.

Oh, puh-leeze! You think he'd miss an opportunity to evangelize? No way. I'm sure those people were accosted all night long.

I like to think they were makin' sweet, tender pecan-love in their tent. :lol:

LOL.my other thought was they sang hymns all night,and david directed the choir.

A "St. Patrick's leaf" stamped on the Gospel tracts?

I may not self-identify as Catholic anymore, but it frosts me royally when these douchecanoes refuse to recognize Catholics as fellow Christians. And so many of their ilk completely misinterpret Catholics' relationship with saints. Grrr.

I once heard evangelicals say that Italy is only 1.2% Christian. 'Scuse me? This guy in a funny hat would like to have a word with y'all.

LOL.my other thought was they sang hymns all night,and david directed the choir.

Dunno if there were others camping with them, but if there were, I can see them singing and Davey conducting. Totally.

Living in the same general area as Davey and Pris, it was very cold that night. I mean, is free food really that worth it? They aren't going to starve (well maybe with what's going on with Gothard, maybe they are a little worried). I can't imagine how awful it must have been for Pris to camp in a skirt. Sure hope she at least wore leggings. And I have no doubt that Davey was evangelizing every chance he got. He seems the type who would be rather um, enthusiastic if not outright pushy about it.

I don't think it's as childish as much as it is it seems he just wasn't all that proficient w using the paint program.

No it is definitely childish. Look at the way he couldn't even frame the type. He could have easily deleted it and re-framed it. I looks literally like something a very very young child would do.

I wonder how many times he was told to shove it up ass?

What can you expect from a marriage with a timeline rivalled by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humprhries...

Permission to Court-Sept 20, 2011

Engagement- November 10, 2011

Wedding- Before Valentines 2012 (written this way to prove a point about him and his dumb video with Priss stating being married for 2 valentines days as of 2014. Although 4 subtract 2 is 2. SOTDRT Fail.

Now, I understand that permission to court in fundieland is technically engagement everywhere else, and engagement is really 'we need the credit card to buy coldcuts and birthday cakes for non relatives', but he rushed into the relationship, probably figuring that if he didn't pounce, he'd be waiting just as long as his older brother Adam, who, based on his blog, seems to have been experiencing some impatience with the wait. While Adam seems a little off as well, I think he's got a nicer personality than David, and Adam and his wife have some schmick of the real world.

I'd say if David went out in the real world to work in a real job, he'd be the first one in HR crying about someone taking his lunch from the shared fridge.

Eta clarification on who said what...

But since he rushed into it, as you stated, that doesn't sound like someone who clearly did not want to get married. I feel like I am missing something, or maybe people are inferring something that isn't there.

David was bargaining w his parents about when to get married.They first noticed he mentioned Pris in his journal,in what seems a rather casual,nonchalant way.(why do some parents insist an adult write a journal they can read?!).They said he should follow up on her and they mentioned courting/marriage. David said the only person he could see himself interested in (cause it sounds like he isn't really into women,not saying he's gay though),was Priscilla.Then he said he reasoned w them that since his dad didn't ,get married till age 27,he shouldn't either.When that didn't fly,he bargained down to age 25,and said he would look into courting Pris then,IF she was still available.which to me,it sounds like he was hoping she wouldn't be.

I think he didn't even notice or even anxiously await the reply from Pris's father either,when he asked if he could court her,iirc.

Bottom line,I would never push my son into marriage.If he wasn't 100% all for it.

Archived