IGNORED

David, Priscilla, & Paul Waller - Pecan Thief in the Family

happy atheist

David's parents let one of their sons DIE on a mission trip instead of cutting the mission short to being him back to America for medical care, making me somewhat doubt how much they cherished their children as individuals.

What does that have to do with the Kellers?

I don't think anyone would point to the Wallers as stellar parents... :roll:

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is true of the Wallers. I've always hoped that was due to ignorance more than lack of caring. I don't think they are Pearl followers though which was my point. Idiots may fit them though.

WHAT??!! That is fucked up!

He died in Mongolia if I recall, if not someone will correct me on that.

What does that have to do with the Kellers?

I don't think anyone would point to the Wallers as stellar parents... :roll:

Abigail's original post questioned wether the Wallers were Pearl followers.

I was watching the video and my husband walked by looking confused. He was like who is that going "uh huh, mmm, Yeah, Yes, Mhmm" after everything he says? Hhahahahahaha

David seemed very cold and condescending towards Pris in that video. And she's gushing over him. Very sad.

If she actually gets excited and runs to the door when he gets home, she has some very boring days I guess.

I think they may be lenient on Paul as he's still a baby. I bet the first time he tells David 'no' though, the rod will be applied. No one disrespects David in his household I'm sure. I notice respect is one of the things he loves about Priscilla.

David seemed very cold and condescending towards Pris in that video. And she's gushing over him. Very sad.

If she actually gets excited and runs to the door when he gets home, she has some very boring days I guess.

I think they may be lenient on Paul as he's still a baby. I bet the first time he tells David 'no' though, the rod will be applied. No one disrespects David in his household I'm sure. I notice respect is one of the things he loves about Priscilla.

That jumped out to me too.

Pris: I get so excited when David comes home!

David: It's a blessing, I guess, that she honors and respects me.

:?

i've never said this, but thought it for a long while: david has given off hints that he may be abusive towards pris. i think her dimwitted ways is just an act, to show that david is headship. it's just very creepy.

i've never said this, but thought it for a long while: david has given off hints that he may be abusive towards pris. i think her dimwitted ways is just an act, to show that david is headship. it's just very creepy.

I agree. I really find it hard to watch their videos because of that.

My dad was very controlling and abusive to my mom. Not that I am a fan of hers either, but despite the fact that she was a straight-A student and honors and all that stuff in HS apparently, she has played dumb for so long towards him that I think it's become a self-fulfilling thing now, she can't step out of it, except when she goes on her rampages. Sadly, I think playing dumb and faking it until you make it is a common coping/survival strategy of people with extremely controlling/domineering partners.

Davey and Prissy's Valentines Day video testimony is up.

I could only cope with about two mins worth, but Davey makes an interesting point about receiving when in love :lol: She comes across as a love sick teenager, whilst he is so not in love with her and seems to just put up with the situation. :gay-rainbowflag:

Davey's forgot to disable comments. :wink-penguin: :wink-penguin:

Well done, JH! :)

That jumped out to me too.

Kind of makes her sound like she's a dog who is happy to see her master.

I wonder if he's a little grim because the Gothard "scandal" was in the news on the 14th and I wonder if his job will be impacted, it it all goes to shit. How much does he know? As we know from Bradrick (SP?) being the acolyte for the leader is great until the leader teeters.

.christianpost.com/news/bill-gothard-family-planning-and-homeschooling-advocate-accused-of-sexually-harassing-young-women-and-teen-girls-114544/

He guesses. So maybe it's a blessing, but I'm thinking he sees it more as a curse.

I don't know if he's gay or not, or if he's gay and hasn't yet figured it out, regardless, he was pressured into marriage. He chose Priscilla because he could tell she'd be sweet and compliant and respect his not-so-masculine authoritah. (Go make a snow angel over there. Help me pitch this tent in the freezing parking lot, we're camping out...) But at this point, it really does seem he finds her puppy dog worship of him annoying.

He may not be the wife-beating type (but then again, looks can be deceiving), but I can absolutely see him being cruel to her. Which is very sad, because that would probably bewilder and confuse her. She doesn't appear to have a mean bone in her body.

Well if one takes a look at fabulous Davey's story of their website, it was pretty darn clear he did not want to get married. The guy was pushed into marriage by his parents. If my fiance had made such an entry on our joint website that started when we were engaged, I would make him ex-fiance real quick. So I am not surprised to see that he isn't as into her as she is into him.

David: It's a blessing, I guess, that she honors and respects me. That "I guess" says it all.

ETA: Yeah, the news on Gothard might make him a bit worried. All he has is staked on his being at the right hand of Bill and he's bound to watching what's going down in VF land.

Maybe she just likes Bert Bachrach:

"Hey, little girl,

Comb your hair, fix your make-up.

Soon he will open the door.

Don't think because

There's a ring on your finger,

You needn't try any more

For wives should always be lovers, too.

Run to his arms the moment he comes home to you." *

* Lyrics from Wives and Lovers

I always hated this song Guess I was a feminist at an early age.

Just watched the video. David was obviously annoyed by Priscilla, but he also seemed really annoyed by Paul, too. Why did they bother even including the baby in the video?

Just watched the video. David was obviously annoyed by Priscilla, but he also seemed really annoyed by Paul, too. Why did they bother even including the baby in the video?

I think Priscilla couldn't stay on script which is why he was annoyed. Anyone else notice the David & Priscilla plaque behind them with their wedding date? Where they heck was this video shot anyway?

The Kellers sure suck at picking out husbands for their daughters, no wonder Susanna escaped, with in-laws like John Shrader and Josh Duggar she could probably already see her own future.

Maybe Pris and TFDW should talk to God about why they do not like kids, before they have more. We all know how well that convo worked out for J'Chelle.

Davey and Prissy's Valentines Day video testimony is up.

I could only cope with about two mins worth, but Davey makes an interesting point about receiving when in love :lol: She comes across as a love sick teenager, whilst he is so not in love with her and seems to just put up with the situation. :gay-rainbowflag:

Davey's forgot to disable comments. :wink-penguin: :wink-penguin:

I'm new here. I actually had to sign up just to post this ...... I think Priscilla is wearing one of the bridesmaid dresses from her wedding in this video! :lol: I'm in agreement with much of what has been posted or said about the video, but I just can't get over the dress... :pink-shock:

I think Priscilla couldn't stay on script which is why he was annoyed. Anyone else notice the David & Priscilla plaque behind them with their wedding date? Where they heck was this video shot anyway?

Interesting point. We don't know how much "practice" goes into making one of these videos. We might be seeing David after he has decided he can't take another minute of it and the video will just have to be good enough.

I'm new here. I actually had to sign up just to post this ...... I think Priscilla is wearing one of the bridesmaid dresses from her wedding in this video! :lol: I'm in agreement with much of what has been posted or said about the video, but I just can't get over the dress... :pink-shock:

Welcome Savannah! You could be right! davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/03/27/wedding-pictures/

Interesting point. We don't know how much "practice" goes into making one of these videos. We might be seeing David after he has decided he can't take another minute of it and the video will just have to be good enough.

I was assuming it was in their house. The kitchen cabinets look like those in their kitchen. And then the shelf would be in their home.

You would think they would invest in a tripod if they keep shooting these videos. David is holding the camera in his hand and it doesn't work well.

They're just pointless videos. Who do they think they're preaching to? Anyone who watches them already believes as they do or is just watching for fun. Do they think they're actually reaching anyone through this?

I think David could take some advice from his brother Adam on how to preach. This lessong video was better than David's and it wasn't so cringe-worthy:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdGBQZvSKaE#t=936

Archived