IGNORED

David, Priscilla, & Paul Waller - Pecan Thief in the Family

happy atheist

I've noticed as well. It's hard to believe he and David come from the same family especially considering they were both homeschooled.

Adam does seem sweet and humble. I feel sorry for him. Losing his twin must have been devastating for him, and his family's forced cheerfulness about it couldn't have made it any easier. I too hope he and Valerie escape the cult.

That's right. Issac was his twin and I remember reading the blog entries at the time of his death. It was rather weird to read about the forced cheerfulness. I get wanting to soldier on and be stoic, but still it struck me as rather...unhealthy. Adam seems a rather sensitive and caring guy so that had to have been hard.

He and Valerie seem like a sweet couple; the sort of people I would want for neighbors, fundieness notwithstanding. Now being Pris and Davey's neighbor? That has be an experience with Davey's flitting around.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every time this thread bumps, I always think its a pregnancy announcement.

There'll be one before the new year.

THIS. If Davey has the stamina to service his wife a second time in their entire marriage. Plus with all their visits to Florida or else having visits from family members from Florida and elsewhere, I doubt theres a lot of boning going on in that household.

These videos just get more and more awkward. It seems Grandma Keller really had to force herself to give some kind of Sage Words of Encouragement and as big a smile as possible to appease David while he zoomed in on every last pore of her face. Priscilla looks at her mother in that way of "It's your turn! Don't mess up!" in the same way David looks at her when she's talking. And her baby voice is so.goddamn.annoying.

When Priscilla says it's great to be with her mother, that they get to go out to eat, shop, and just talk, talk, talk I think to myself what in the world do they talk about? They each have a vocabulary of about 200 words. Every other word is blessing. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

When Priscilla says it's great to be with her mother, that they get to go out to eat, shop, and just talk, talk, talk I think to myself what in the world do they talk about? They each have a vocabulary of about 200 words. Every other word is blessing. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

In the videos they "have" to follow the strictures of Gothard, which doesn't leave much interesting to say - but I wonder if when the cameras are off and they aren't in "teach all our fans a deep spiritual lesson" mode, they have somewhat more normal conversations. It doesn't even have to be gossip, which Gothard would frown upon, but stuff like "Oh, did you hear what happened to the Smiths...yadda yadda yadda."

(Without the Seinfeld implications of yadda yadda yadda.)

In the videos they "have" to follow the strictures of Gothard, which doesn't leave much interesting to say - but I wonder if when the cameras are off and they aren't in "teach all our fans a deep spiritual lesson" mode, they have somewhat more normal conversations. It doesn't even have to be gossip, which Gothard would frown upon, but stuff like "Oh, did you hear what happened to the Smiths...yadda yadda yadda."

(Without the Seinfeld implications of yadda yadda yadda.)

Fans? :lol:

His video has 3500 views. I'm guessing 2k of them are us. Awww davie has an ego!

Paul seems to love his mother and is bonded to her. He had such a lovely smile when she was talking to him. Hopefully he'll be well cared for physically by Priscilla and can get mental stimulation somewhere else.

I just watched the marigolds video. It definitely felt like David was trying to prompt Priscilla to say whatever she was supposed to say in the "script," and he seemed impatient at the end.

Without knowing the inside scoop of what's truly going on (ultimately we really don't know and can only speculate), I do feel bad for both of them.

:(

It's a miracle that Pecan # 2 isn't on the way yet. I'm sure that Pris and David don't use BC. I feel bad for them. They could be much better off with educations, and real jobs. Let's hope that Paul is an only child for a while.

Paul seems to love his mother and is bonded to her. He had such a lovely smile when she was talking to him. Hopefully he'll be well cared for physically by Priscilla and can get mental stimulation somewhere else.

Paul does appear to be loved and well cared for. I suspect he's being preached to by both parents day in and day out, which also seemed to be the case before he was born, so I guess he'll know his Bible.

In one of the videos, where they were talking about Mrs. K looking forward to her JTTH, did I hear Priscilla say she (Mrs. K) was going to be leaving 'yesterday'?

Marigolds are prolific so I can understand the appeal.

I thought Priscilla was pretty "normal" in the marigolds video. Even though they had imply the blessing and god and all the blah blah to the video, there was a nice little story in it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that David seem really impatient with Priscilla at the end of the marigold video. OMG, how does he stand listening to that voice?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that David seem really impatient with Priscilla at the end of the marigold video. OMG, how does he stand listening to that voice?

I get the impression (could be wrong, hope I am - never met the guy) that he's one of those Mr. Nice Guys on the surface with a lot of anger just below. He's sounded impatent in a number of videos.

Priscilla seems to be a bit slow. Very limited vocabulary and it appears she has trouble putting her thoughts together. But to give her credit, I do think she is kind and she does care a great deal for her baby.

Priscilla seems more than a little bit slow, and they all talk in such an affected way. Someone on FJ linked to an old audio of the older Duggar girls at one of those JTTHs. The guy interviewing them sounded JUST like David Waller, but it was Robert somebody. He used that same SLOW way of talking with exaggerated emphasis on certain words. I don't know how to describe it other than that it sounds like someone reading to a toddler. I think Priscilla talks the same way, but she also has the baby voice on top of it. I've also heard Anna Duggar do that thing with the word emphasis, but not to the extent that Priscilla does it. They really do sound like programmed robots. Really, really annoying programmed robots.

Someone on FJ linked to an old audio of the older Duggar girls at one of those JTTHs. The guy interviewing them sounded JUST like David Waller, but it was Robert somebody.

Let me guess: Robert Staddon? That's the Pecan-thief's other best friend (the one he's not married to). Would it be possible to find again? I'd love to see it.

Yes, she did say that her mom is leaving "yesterday". Tired mommy brain maybe?

And David definitely sounded bored and irritated with her speech about marigolds.

Did anyone else get the feeling they "gleaned" the dry marigolds from the neighbors house they mentioned.

I get the impression (could be wrong, hope I am - never met the guy) that he's one of those Mr. Nice Guys on the surface with a lot of anger just below. He's sounded impatent in a number of videos.

I remember seeing a clip of 19 k&c where David and Priscilla are visiting with Josh and anna. Can't remember whose house they are at. It was before D & P were married. Anna and Priscilla were baking. It moves to them all talking in the living room and Priscilla is goofing off with David's hand and then acts like she almost hits him. He gave her a very stern "knock it off" look.

Yes, she did say that her mom is leaving "yesterday". Tired mommy brain maybe?

And David definitely sounded bored and irritated with her speech about marigolds.

Did anyone else get the feeling they "gleaned" the dry marigolds from the neighbors house they mentioned.

Yes, I got the feeling they gleaned the marigolds, too. You'd think after the pecan debacle, they'd at least explain on their video that they had permission to take the dried marigold buds.

Let me guess: Robert Staddon? That's the Pecan-thief's other best friend (the one he's not married to). Would it be possible to find again? I'd love to see it.

Yes, it was Robert Staddon. He sounds JUST like David. I don't have time to search for the clip now--it was an audio clip from the JTTH website--but I will look when I have a chance.

He did seem annoyed that she got distracted with protecting the garden from deer and rabbits and didn't hit on the point that one seed can produce many seeds and then go into a spiritual lesson about that. The way she looked down and away from the camera when he started talking made it seem like she knew she had messed up the speech about marigolds.

SOTDRT and living in a state of perpetual childhood are huge factors here, more so than developmental delays IMO.

In one of the videos of Grandma Keller's visit, she said she had 16 grandbabies. Did she count them all?

Ester has 8, right? Anna has three, Rebecca two, and Susanna, Daniel and Priscilla all have one?

Even though Daniel and Susanne have left the religion, do the Keller's still see them?

Yes, there is a picture on David and Priscilla's blog of Paul meeting Suze. I think John Shrader has some of the more liberal Kellers on Facebook, I think I remember one of them saying something on his Facebook about how they dont agree with him on something.

He did sound a little irritated although it's hard to say over what. I do think he's probably a very bitchy boy at home.

Poor Pris.

Archived