IGNORED

David, Priscilla, & Paul Waller - Pecan Thief in the Family

happy atheist

He did sound a little irritated although it's hard to say over what. I do think he's probably a very bitchy boy at home.

Poor Pris.

There's been moments in their videos where I get the feeling he's irritated or impatient with Pris, especially if she goes off track a bit. Not sure if he's just the type who wants everything just "so" and any deviation/change bothers him (poor Pris if she leaves the seat up) or if the honeymoon is over for him. That voice has to drive him crazy.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else feel that Priscilla seemed to have a stronger voice and she seemed more at ease in their very first video in front of the fountain?

Does anyone else feel that Priscilla seemed to have a stronger voice and she seemed more at ease in their very first video in front of the fountain?

Could be a variety of things. Could be from being tired since she does have a baby or Davey could be using his power to keep Priscilla submissive. Who knows. You are right though. She doesn't seem as assured in this video.

In one of the videos of Grandma Keller's visit, she said she had 16 grandbabies. Did she count them all?

Ester has 8, right? Anna has three, Rebecca two, and Susanna, Daniel and Priscilla all have one?

Even though Daniel and Susanne have left the religion, do the Keller's still see them?

Yes. She still sees Susanna. I am unsure if they visit at their homes or at a neutral place.

"Paul is 100% boy!"

Okay, David-- we get it. More than you know.

How can he tell? At that age babies are pretty much androgynous blobs of cuteness that poop and cry.

For all he knows, Paul could grow up to be transgender.

How can he tell?

Because Jesus. Also Gothard.

These people all seem to imagine that babies exhibit strong gender identities.

Because Jesus. Also Gothard.

These people all seem to imagine that babies exhibit strong gender identities.

Because not gay. Also not gay. (Did I mention he's NOT GAY?)

He did seem annoyed that she got distracted with protecting the garden from deer and rabbits and didn't hit on the point that one seed can produce many seeds and then go into a spiritual lesson about that. The way she looked down and away from the camera when he started talking made it seem like she knew she had messed up the speech about marigolds.

While I am no fan of Josh in general, and enjoy mocking him - I believe that he loves Anna. Sure, he made her carry the luggage on the honeymoon, and took a nap during hard labor, and otherwise behaves like a buffoon. However, I think that's because he wasn't taught better by his parents. Maybe Anna makes it easy for him to be kind and polite to her. However it works, Anna appears to be quite happily married. She seems comfortable in her skin.

I feel for Priscilla, having always to be in these homemade videos, touting the party line. To put it mildly, she is not suited for public speaking. "It's such a blessing to have had Paul already for six months!" "It's such a blessing to have these marigolds because um, they grow in a neighbor's yard, and uh, lots of seeds!" After the 5th "it's such a blessing", I'm running for the q-tips so I can gouge out my ear canal. How sad to simply have nothing else to say, or else feel so constrained and worried you will say the wrong thing, that you retreat into repeating the same phrase over and over again.

Does David work at a job? I mean, does he have an office that he goes to on a daily basis? Because I hope Priscilla gets a daily break from him. I may poke fun at Josh and find him pompous and full of himself. However, I find him much more likeable than the creepy David. Take the camera out of your wife's face, out of your MIL's face, and go do some real work. Ugh!

While I am no fan of Josh in general, and enjoy mocking him - I believe that he loves Anna. Sure, he made her carry the luggage on the honeymoon, and took a nap during hard labor, and otherwise behaves like a buffoon. However, I think that's because he wasn't taught better by his parents. Maybe Anna makes it easy for him to be kind and polite to her. However it works, Anna appears to be quite happily married. She seems comfortable in her skin.

I feel for Priscilla, having always to be in these homemade videos, touting the party line. To put it mildly, she is not suited for public speaking. "It's such a blessing to have had Paul already for six months!" "It's such a blessing to have these marigolds because um, they grow in a neighbor's yard, and uh, lots of seeds!" After the 5th "it's such a blessing", I'm running for the q-tips so I can gouge out my ear canal. How sad to simply have nothing else to say, or else feel so constrained and worried you will say the wrong thing, that you retreat into repeating the same phrase over and over again.

Does David work at a job? I mean, does he have an office that he goes to on a daily basis? Because I hope Priscilla gets a daily break from him. I may poke fun at Josh and find him pompous and full of himself. However, I find him much more likeable than the creepy David. Take the camera out of your wife's face, out of your MIL's face, and go do some real work. Ugh!

I thought he was more or less Gothard's assistant.

I always viewed him as Percy Weasley to the MoM Cornelius Fudge.

And they were both obnoxious airheads, too

Bless, blessed, blessing, YAY! I don't know how many tries are needed to produce a video that David is willing to post, but I imagine it could take awhile. It wouldn't surprise me if he feels pushed to the limits of his Christian patience sometimes, though my sympathy is still essentially with Priscilla. I doubt he's easy to live with. My impression is that she's like a child always trying to please a very strict parent while he's waiting for her to become less childlike, neither of which may happen any time soon.

I believe David has an executive job of some sort with Gothard.

In one of the videos, where they were talking about Mrs. K looking forward to her JTTH, did I hear Priscilla say she (Mrs. K) was going to be leaving 'yesterday'?

There was a retreat for all the mothers. I only recognized Mrs. K in the picture.

Bless, blessed, blessing, YAY! I don't know how many tries are needed to produce a video that David is willing to post, but I imagine it could take awhile. It wouldn't surprise me if he feels pushed to the limits of his Christian patience sometimes, though my sympathy is still essentially with Priscilla. I doubt he's easy to live with. My impression is that she's like a child always trying to please a very strict parent while he's waiting for her to become less childlike, neither of which may happen any time soon.

I believe David has an executive job of some sort with Gothard.

"Executive" job. With Gothard. I can only imagine what that entails.

I will feel so sorry for Priscilla when David finally decides he can't live the lie anymore. I thought those days were behind us when gay men married to prove they were not gay. Of all the people I know who did this, none stayed in the marriage for more than 5 or 6 years. Unfortunately, more often than not, they left a very betrayed feeling wife and children behind.

I will feel so sorry for Priscilla when David finally decides he can't live the lie anymore. I thought those days were behind us when gay men married to prove they were not gay. Of all the people I know who did this, none stayed in the marriage for more than 5 or 6 years. Unfortunately, more often than not, they left a very betrayed feeling wife and children behind.

He won't actually leave her. He'll stay to keep up the facade but he'll have a secret life that she will likely know about but will have to play along with anyway.

That's why Priscilla was his chosen wife. She isn't as aware of the world as most of the other young women he ran into. He can probably keep up the charade a lot longer with her than say one of her sisters.

How can he tell? At that age babies are pretty much androgynous blobs of cuteness that poop and cry.

For all he knows, Paul could grow up to be transgender.

It's telling.

Gothards are gender obsessed from birth, but most of them probably wouldn't think to make such a statement about a 6 month old. He has male parts, ergo he's obviously "all boy". End of discussion. David, on the other hand, apparently feels some need to prove he sired a manly baby.

• 3 weeks later...

David posted a video of his family visiting the Staddons. Now I try really hard not to speculate on the sexual preferences of fundies, but I cannot fathom any possible way that David and Robert aren't gay. I was also surprised by Kendalyn. She didn't say much in the video, but I've never heard her speak before, and I was shocked that she doesn't have the keeping sweet baby voice a la Priscilla and J'chelle. She seems so... Normal. At least, far more normal than everyone else in that room.

I struggle with David's blog unless it's the latest post. Can you post a link, please? Thanks.

"Executive" job. With Gothard. I can only imagine what that entails.

Hand jobs, probably.

Wow. David and Robert are so...enthusiastic.

The Staddon home looks nice and cozy. That's all I can manage to say right now.

It's just a video. I think the title has something about Paul's first tooth in it, if you want to search for it. I'd link it, but it's a PITA on my phone.

Archived