IGNORED

David, Priscilla, & Paul Waller - Pecan Thief in the Family

happy atheist

Has anyone noticed that Pa Keller comes across as kinda on the "sweet" side himself? I can't be the only one whose noticed this. Go back to certain episodes and watch his mannerisms. He has a feminine sound to his voice. Maybe this is why Pris doesn't see anything wrong with David. But I could be wrong...

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've wondered about Pa Keller's interests myself for quite a while.

Yes! I'm telling ya, he's got some sugar in his pants! I noticed it when Anna & Josh got engaged.

Just as a side note: WHen you type "David love Pr..." into google, one of the options that comes up is "David love Priscilla Pecan Story". LMAO.

and if you just type in "david lov" you get "David Loves Johnathan"

I think David loves Robert honestly. The photos where David looks happiest are where they're fellowshipping together.

I still yearn for an explanation for matching shirts. Is it like marking your territory?

I keep hoping that the matching clothes are just a crazed series of coincidences. But I just need to let go of that fantasy, don't I? :pull-hair:

This is not so much a snark as a question. Does the close up picture of the baby's head look like part of it is swollen? I don't have kids so don't know what all falls into normal, but it looks a little odd to me. I can't seem to load the pic, but here is a broken link to it. It was at the creation museum

davidlovespriscilla.com/files/2013/06/DavidlovesPriscilla00007.jpg

This is not so much a snark as a question. Does the close up picture of the baby's head look like part of it is swollen? I don't have kids so don't know what all falls into normal, but it looks a little odd to me. I can't seem to load the pic, but here is a broken link to it. It was at the creation museum

davidlovespriscilla.com/files/2013/06/DavidlovesPriscilla00007.jpg

It's hard to say from the photo, but it could be the remnant of a birth hematoma or caput succedaneum. It sounds like it was a very difficult labor.

It's hard to say from the photo, but it could be the remnant of a birth hematoma or caput succedaneum. It sounds like it was a very difficult labor.

Thanks, I knew baby head shapes were impacted by birth and rearranged quite a bit, but don't know details

Yes! I'm telling ya, he's got some sugar in his pants! I noticed it when Anna & Josh got engaged.

His area of interest IS prison ministries. Hmmmm... We all know what goes down in prison, don't we?

Snark on her father, aside, I always have had a soft spot for Pris. Whether or not she already has an inkling of her husbands apparent (yet implied) sexuality, she has a hard road ahead of her.

I would imagine Chicago has it's fair share of bath houses, peep shows, glory holes, and cruise locales that a closeted (or in denial) homosexual would have a plethora of places where he could sin. I think it might be easier to keep a double life near a big city than a rural area like Tonitown, Arkansas. I'm not saying he is, but I am saying it would be easy were he inclined to do so.

MorbidAwe- totally feasible in Tontitown. It's what, a half hour from Fayetteville? They've got a Craigslist and a Backpage, and just now on Craigslist, there are even Tontitown opportunities for anonymous hookups. (I'm a little surprised, given that Arkansas has some crazy sex laws, could be that the cops have better things to do than troll for people who want to have consensual relationships.) But, there you go.

MorbidAwe- totally feasible in Tontitown. It's what, a half hour from Fayetteville? They've got a Craigslist and a Backpage, and just now on Craigslist, there are even Tontitown opportunities for anonymous hookups. (I'm a little surprised, given that Arkansas has some crazy sex laws, could be that the cops have better things to do than troll for people who want to have consensual relationships.) But, there you go.

Thanks, Shoes, I hadn't realized how far (or close) Tontitown is to Fayetteville. I didn't mean to imply that homosexuality is in any way linked to city size, although looking back at it, it kind of sounded that way! I live in backwoods, rural North Carolina, and I happen to KNOW that there are hook up and cruising spots here. Also, the internet IS everywhere, isn't it? However, all that said, I think it IS harder to keep a secret in a small town. Especially one as juicy as this could be, were it true.

I think that's the weird thing about strangeness, it exists in not being announced. I used to live next door to a house that always ran a police scanner, and you could hear it in the summertime when they had their windows open. Once a month, a huge cream coloured Lexus with gold accents would roll in. I always figured something totally shady was going on, but had no idea what. But it could've been that they just had a friend with a nice car. There's probably some kind of bell curve for how small a town can be where people just leave each other to their own freaky business, and the point at which you hit total anonymity.

I would imagine Chicago has it's fair share of bath houses, peep shows, glory holes, and cruise locales that a closeted (or in denial) homosexual would have a plethora of places where he could sin. I think it might be easier to keep a double life near a big city than a rural area like Tonitown, Arkansas. I'm not saying he is, but I am saying it would be easy were he inclined to do so.

I would imagine everyone from HQ lives VERY close together. I don't know this, just guessing--especially the younger staffers. And, would someone as sheltered as Davey even know how to FIND these type places? I really doubt it. Remember, if he IS then denial is his life support system. His whole world vanishes if he comes out. It's very easy for those of us outside this world to say stuff, it's much, much harder for Davey (or anyone) in the world to A accept such things, B recognize them in themselves, and C act on them. If anything I imagine, if he even recognizes his apparent sexulatliy 'difference', that he would feel self-loathing from his upbringing and socialization about homosexuality. If you were born after the 70s you cannot comprehend a world where this isn't "accepted." Davey is living in a very OLD WORLD community. His earning a living and his connection to his friend's and family depends on staying married and producing children.

Personally, while I join everyone else in seeing him for what he likely is, I doubt he would ever even consider acting upon it--except by going on Dougie's Marvelous Manly Trips.

I know that Davey married late, and wanted to wait longer. Do we have any reasonable notion (other than gender preference) why he wanted to wait?

I know that Davey married late, and wanted to wait longer. Do we have any reasonable notion (other than gender preference) why he wanted to wait?

Here's what he said about the conversation his parents initiated to discuss his "goals".

"We picked a quiet booth and settled in for some good conversation. My parents asked me what my goals were for the next year to five years, etc. I knew where they were going with this. I told them that I was kind of in an interesting situation in that I had just worked through some problems at the ministry where I was serving that put a bad wrap on a single guy pursuing a single girl on the ministry campus. I mentioned that though I was confident Priscilla was the only one I could picture ever pursuing in marriage, I also was fine to wait until I was older. I casually mentioned that since Dad did not get married until he was twenty-eight, maybe I should also wait till I turned twenty-eight. Then, if she was still available, then I knew she was the one."

He wraps up the meeting telling them that "I would wait until my twenty-fifth birthday to take any steps, but I would definitely keep them informed on what was going on in my heart and life."

There are a few hints here.

"I knew where they were going with this." How did he know? Was it something that concerned his parents for a reason? I don't know about the rest of his siblings, but his oldest brother didn't get married until he was in his 30's. Why pick on young Davey?

I'm not sure what the point about the guy pursuing a girl on campus was all about, but it sounds like some kind of dodge.

Priscilla is the only one he can imagine ever "pursuing in marriage" (interesting choice of words) yet he's willing to kick back for a few years and then see if she's "still available". Soooo…if she’s the only one but she’s no longer available, does that mean Dave never gets married? And what guy thinks like that about someone he’s really interested in?

The whole thing about Dad being 28 sounds like a kid complaining about having to do something his parents didn't. Like "You didn't graduate high school, so why should I have to?"

They started courting in September, were engaged in November, and married in February. He was forced into it. And he wasn't allowed - or didn't allow himself - any extra time, lest things fall apart. That boy was getting married, come hell or high water.

Poor Pris. She was totally used. She seems like a sweet person and I hope she stays completely oblivious forever.

Priscilla may be oblivious, but Ma and Pa Waller seemed to recognize an issue (to them) when they saw it. I'd imagine they would be able to notice the difference between what was upbringing and what was there originally.

Priscilla may be oblivious, but Ma and Pa Waller seemed to recognize an issue (to them) when they saw it. I'd imagine they would be able to notice the difference between what was upbringing and what was there originally.

Since some of you think Priscilla has developmental issues, maybe Ma and Pa saw this as a "Light in the Piazza" opportunity that they should not turn down. I imagine Pris will be clueless and gay men can be very charming.

Since some of you think Priscilla has developmental issues, maybe Ma and Pa saw this as a "Light in the Piazza" opportunity that they should not turn down. I imagine Pris will be clueless and gay men can be very charming.

I'm telling ya folks, poor Pris doesn't see anything off because her DAD acts the same way. David reminds her of her dad. Some women want husbands like their dad. Yes, I do mean "some".

Some women want husbands like their dad. Yes, I do mean "some".

And my middle sister wound up with one. They've been married almost 28 years and he worships the ground she walks on. Lucky bitch. (I wound up marrying psychos like our mother--twice.)

DavidlovesPriscilla000021-300x225.jpg

:gay-imgay:Davey does make a habit of these type of pics, there was a similar one with his brother-in-law a while back. Poor Robert will be heart broken if he sees this pic.

Archived