IGNORED

David, Priscilla, & Paul Waller - Pecan Thief in the Family

happy atheist

I expected Robert just to lean over and start kissing David. :gay-imgay:

Watch it without the volume on and it really looks like a gay couple who are deeply in love.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember reading something on here about Robert doing a radio or online interview with some of the female journey to the heart participants, but I have no idea where to find it. The family blog has a post from Robert in 2008 where he mentions doing a radio interview, so thats likely online somewhere too.

There is an awesome video of him and a friend playing the piano. Gotta give credit where credit is due and say he was killing it on the piano :pink-shock: seriously.

Links:

Blogpost about radio interview:

staddonfamily.com/2008/11/18/on-the-radio/

Youtube video of him playing the piano:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWlES_Vd-NE

I'm the one who mentioned Robert doing the interview with the J girls, but I also don't know where to find it anymore. This video from the North Woods demonstrates my point, though, about how the all speak in that affected way.

There definitely IS an ATI-accent/speaking manner. It's that "I'm speaking to a three year old" SLOW manner of speaking with emphasis on certain words. All the girls open their eyes wide to emphasize the important words (neat and blessing, for example). Everyone, men and women, make a point of looking at each other while they are talking. No one's vocabulary has more than 500 words. Oh, and yes, David and Robert? Definite chemistry.

Yes, it would appear that David is grooming Priscilla to be more like Robert......

On another note-

I'm just skimming thru Robert and kendalyn's wedding video for the first time and see Robert directing the music during the ceremony. Guess this is why David felt the need to do so??

My oh my... :shock:

I didn't know it was possible but Davey actually sounds more manly on that neat lil' video of those two lovebirds... I mean, brothers in Christ. No wonder Kendalyn wasn't so eager to marry Robert.

I posted this in the old David & Priscilla Updates thread:

David might not realize how effeminate he sounds. Have any of you heard his friend Robert Staddon speak? Very similar. Not quite as effeminate, but close. They probably mirror each other and neither may be aware at how they sound to outsiders.

If you're feeling masochistic, have a listen to this Journey to the Heart Interview he hosts (includes some Duggar girls as well as Anna & Priscilla):

livingthejourney.com/wp-content/audio/Podcast_09-10-11.mp3

I watched that Robert and David video. Some blessed and fun time up in the north woods huh?? They look at each other like they want to turn off the camera, and have some of that "Fun and Blessed time" if you know what I mean...

I watched that Robert and David video. Some blessed and fun time up in the north woods huh?? They look at each other like they want to turn off the camera, and have some of that "Fun and Blessed time" if you know what I mean...

I have never seen a picture of either of them looking at their wives like they look at each other.

On another note-

I'm just skimming thru Robert and kendalyn's wedding video for the first time and see Robert directing the music during the ceremony. Guess this is why David felt the need to do so??

Someone needs to tell both of them that being the musical director at a church is, like, the gayest thing a man can possibly do.

Maybe Robert and Davey have sneaked peeks at the lovely Tom Cullen and friend in WEEKEND.......... No.....they wouldn't......shame. .... might learn something........

I expected Robert just to lean over and start kissing David. :gay-imgay:

I took someone's advice and just watched the video with the sound off. They do seem like a gay couple, with lots of looks at each other, watching the other one talk while nodding approvingly, similar gestures. Sort of like JimBoob and the Mullet, except because they are both manly men, neither one accepted the non-speaking role.

Why does it seem that many fundie men are so pale? Do they spend very little time out of doors?

They're such a cute couple. I could totally see them on House Hunters International picking out a vacation home somewhere in the Caribbean.

Can we ship them? Davobert? Robid?

;)

I took someone's advice and just watched the video with the sound off. They do seem like a gay couple, with lots of looks at each other, watching the other one talk while nodding approvingly, similar gestures.

They (particularly Robert) also smile at each other in a besotted sort of way. Not like how you'd smile at a platonic friend. Maybe not much "proof" on its own but coupled with the mutual desire not to marry too young, the lack of similar warmth they show their wives, etc., its hard not to think these two would be much better off if they could just be honest with themselves. Shame there are wives and children involved (despite each man's best effort, it seems!)

Robert's voice is quite animated and very annoying.I think he doesn't realize how he comes off.

Sautina is very cute and I just love that frown on her face.She looks like she might be quite the free thinker when she grows up.Maybe there is some hope there for her.

I went back and watched the new video of Priscilla and Anna with the babies at Josh & Anna's new home near DC. Priscilla definitely seems more natural in this kind of video than when Davey makes her try to follow a script and produce a "lesson" in the video. But she still sounds fake with all the "Yesssss!" and such. And Anna seems less natural in this video than she does on 19k&c. Like she's mimicking Priscilla (probably subconsciously). :roll:

Why, oh why does God keep telling these ATI girls to marry gay guys?

I thought it was interesting in Kendalyn's story on their website that she hints at not wanting to marry him, that she had some major struggles with the whole thing - maybe she somehow knew deep down that she didn't have the right parts for Robert? That Robert would prefer Robertlovesdavid.com (or would it be Davidlovesrobert.com?). In her story, she writes:

Through months of prayer and struggling to stay under my father’s protection and guidance, the Lord showed that Robert was the one He ordained and thus began our courtship on November 22, 2010. Due to struggles of keeping my heart guarded and trying to stay under my Dad and where he was leading, I was emotionally drained from my lack of faith and trying to take matters into my own hands, even daring to question my heavenly Father’s direction and giving up when times got tough. Therefore, I was tired and wasn’t quite ready to talk to Robert that first night when he phoned. But despite my tiredness, emotional drain, and slight disinterest, Robert patiently won my heart . . . by letting me go.

So yeah it definitely seems she was forced into this whole thing more than Pris even was, so I'm not surprised she's not quite keeping sweet in that video. Seems like one to watch.

Also if you want a mouthful (literally) of awkwardness watch 49:20 of the Robert and Kendalyn wedding video. Looks like he goes to hug her, with the kiss as a second thought, he doesn't seem too excited for that part. Sounds like a little kid yelling "ewwww!" and well, MTE. Watch at your own risk!

Thats in comparison to the affection and chemistry shooting out of Robert and David in that Northern Woods video. What a difference!

Reading Kendalyn's story, it looks like the whole IBLP lifestyle was foisted on her. IIRC she wanted to study and have a career the medical field but daddy knew best and she ended up working in the kitchens at one of the IBLP centres (despite the fact she dislikes cooking). Of course it was all for the best. Being stuck in the kitchen scrubbing pork fat from under her fingernails and preparing catering size batches of cream-of-crap casseroles taught her to die to her own desires, humility, patience and all that good stuff. It's far more important to an obedient doormat than it is to actually contribute to humanity by doing something you are passionate about.

She doesn't look like she's an overly smiley person but somehow I get the impression she's not completely happy in the SAHM/IBLP wife role.

I love the way Robert talks, it's fabulous. "Gahd" will bless you if you memorize "Kah-LAH-sshans" 3. The Gah-spel light will shine!

This video makes me think it's something to do with David that produces such weird garbled videos... Anna knows how to speak to a camera, and yet, in this one below, she still comes across as a nonsensical idiot, just like her sister. I think maybe David 'scripts' these videos for whomever he's filming, and does a terrible job of it. We actually hear Priscilla speak at normal pace and with normal tone in this video, but it still comes across as weird as she's trying to fit so many 'blessings' and 'praise the Lord' and 'it's such fun!'s into the sentence...

Interesting also that Anna doesn't name Josh's hate group in this video.

Archived