IGNORED

Close Encounters of the Fundie Kind

happy atheist

Hope someone voted a straight democratic ticket just for spite :D

I did, but not for spite. It was the primary, so it one or the other, and there's no way in hell I'm voting Republican. My voting precinct is filled with fundies, fundie-lites, and ultra conservatives, but I have never seen this before.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did, but not for spite. It was the primary, so it one or the other, and there's no way in hell I'm voting Republican. My voting precinct is filled with fundies, fundie-lites, and ultra conservatives, but I have never seen this before.

In reality how many mail in ballots are signed (or even with forged sigs) and then filled out by a similarly controlling headship?

I met this woman in my son's scout group in 1991, she had 10 children ranging from newborn to 11 years old and she used to loudly proclaim " I'll have as many children as God wants me to have " even when no one had asked. She was only 30 years old at the time and I always wondered how many she ended up with.

They had a good income , homeschooled and were always running from one kid activity to another. She was a screamer and it was much more endearing than Michelle Duggar's creepy whispering. I never heard anyone else say that thing about letting God give you all the children bla bla until I heard the Duggars say it. I wish I could locate them to see how things worked out.

Yesterday evening work, I saw a young Josh Duggar clone exit The Liberty Center's office. The pimply faced young man with thinning hair was wearing a cheap, ill-fitting, blue suit. Like the Duggar boys, he wore the suit jacket buttoned, even though it was 90 degrees outside. He had on the standard blue-striped tie complete with a cheap-looking tie tack he probably received for graduation. Under his arm he was carrying a pile of dog-eared papers and the following book:

AB.jpg

I was dying to strike up a conversation with the young man as we rode the elevator down, but he started staring and put on a huge shit-eating grin. He freaked me out. He was polite though, and held the door for me as we exited the building. If I see him again, I hope to strike up a conversation with him.

I saw a fundie girl in the subway today. :oops: For some reason, I got excited when I realized she was fundie. (Gosh, my life is boring). She had a long denim skirt and a little head covering. I think part of my excitement comes from the fact that I saw her on the subway. It's rather rare to see fundies downtown here.

Both Yesterday and today I saw two Muslim women completely covered with only their eyes showing. Both were with husbands, one going into the Cheesecake Factory (so i guess she just eats under it?) and one walking along the shops. Not a burka, but a niqab (I googled)

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/09/article-2536381-1A860AA100000578-235_634x380.jpg

Also drove by the fancy Mormon temple:

ldschurchtemples.com/sandiego/gallery/images/san-diego-mormon-temple3.jpg

I saw a fundie girl in the subway today. :oops: For some reason, I got excited when I realized she was fundie. (Gosh, my life is boring). She had a long denim skirt and a little head covering. I think part of my excitement comes from the fact that I saw her on the subway. It's rather rare to see fundies downtown here.

alone??? :shock:

Yesterday evening work, I saw a young Josh Duggar clone exit The Liberty Center's office. The pimply faced young man with thinning hair was wearing a cheap, ill-fitting, blue suit. Like the Duggar boys, he wore the suit jacket buttoned, even though it was 90 degrees outside. He had on the standard blue-striped tie complete with a cheap-looking tie tack he probably received for graduation. Under his arm he was carrying a pile of dog-eared papers and the following book:

AB.jpg

I was dying to strike up a conversation with the young man as we rode the elevator down, but he started staring and put on a huge shit-eating grin. He freaked me out. He was polite though, and held the door for me as we exited the building. If I see him again, I hope to strike up a conversation with him.

yes! take one for the team! :lol: so interesting to see what he would say.

I saw a Mennonite/Amish family in the baggage claim of the Indianapolis airport last week and a very modestly dressed Muslim woman the other day in Target. This woman had to be hot. She was wearing a long denim dress and a headscarf and looked a bit uncomfortable.

Hope someone voted a straight democratic ticket just for spite :D

I've done volunteer work for various campaigns, which involves canvassing and tons of calls. The amount of women who said they needed to discuss it with their husbands before they voted was staggering. I just wanted to scream 'Lady, you're an adult, he's not the boss of you!' like a petulant three year old.

I had a fundie encounter that I thought I'd share here, because it's just too good not to. I was in a Starbucks and there were two young women that pinged my 'fundiedar': jean skirts, long hair, no make-up. I get excited, because this is what Free Jingerites live for, right? I struck up a (non-creepy) conversation while we were waiting in line and complimented one of the women on her skirt and asked her about the t-shirt she was wearing--it was evidently for a school that I had never heard of before. I went on-line and did some investigating and found it snarklicious: from the makers of the Church of the Holy Strip Mall and Church of the Holy Basement, Ladies and Gentleman, I present: The Bible College of the Holy Roach Motel.

Commonwealth Baptist is a non-accredited, hardcore Christian college--and I use the term college loosely in this context. It currently occupies a space that was once a 'no tell motel' on the outskirts of town. The school built a new, large main building in front the original bracket-like shape of a motel built in the 1950s, with the parking lot facing the road. It retains its distinctive shape, and now the motel rooms are refurbished and act as classrooms. They've retained the old metal balconies and outside steps as access the rooms.

(If those kiddos only had the slightest idea what sort of kinky stuff has gone down in their Apologetics classroom, they'd swoon. :pink-shock: )

I perused the course catalog, and for a mere $7,200 a year, students can pursue their Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies by taking such exciting classes as keyboarding (beginner AND intermediate!), secretarial procedures, speed writing, history of missions, America's Biblical heritage, Bible geography, and something terrifyingly called 'The Science of Creationism.'

My favorite listed class, hands down, however, is entitled simply enough, 'Cults' and the description reads: A study of the historical and theological positions of modern-day perversions of Biblical truth, such as Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, Adventists, Christian Scientists and Roman Catholics. :shifty-kitty:

Now, lest you think this place is chalk full of defrauding young co-eds, the college does have a dress code:

Dress Code for Church and Chapel

• Ladies should wear modest tops and knee length skirts or dresses. No slacks or jeans.

• Men should wear a dress shirt with a tie and dress pants

Dress Code for Activities

• Ladies are allowed to wear knee length culottes or they may wear modest tops and knee length skirts or dresses.

• Men should wear casual shirts with casual pants. Denim is allowed for activities.

They're positively progressive ya'll--knee length culottes?? Those Jezebels!

I am so, so tempted to take a course just to see what sort of crazy that place is cooking up, but I'm not sure I could keep my mouth shut. Plus I wouldn't want to wear a skirt in the winter, even for Free Jinger.

Finally, you'll all be relieved to know that you can send your donation in to help a student defer the cost of attending!

commonwealthbaptist.org

lol they're trying really hard to hide the fact that it's an old motel.

"let me just take a shot of an arty farty weed here..."

1658.jpg

"sunlight through roman columns = credibility!"

1662.jpg

My accredited state university has the same tuition. They even offer a religious studies major! But you have to learn about the evil pagan religions and learn from heathens and worse, Catholic priests. And there's no dress code. There is a lot of defrauding that happens. And teh gays are everywhere! Oh well, more chances to convert them from their wicked, wicked ways.

I've done volunteer work for various campaigns, which involves canvassing and tons of calls. The amount of women who said they needed to discuss it with their husbands before they voted was staggering. I just wanted to scream 'Lady, you're an adult, he's not the boss of you!' like a petulant three year old.

snip

ViolaSebastian- It is scary the number of women who think this way, but I thought I would just point out that I've used this line occasionally myself even though I don't have a husband. I find that it's a good way to get away from canvassers who won't take no for an answer. I will also tell telemarketers that the people they are looking for (including myself) aren't home even if they are.

Just spotted a young fundie mother at my local mcdonalds. She would have been no older than 25ish and had 4 kids and somewhat of a baby bump. One of the kids actually looked a lot like Josie Duggar, it was freaky.

I just came home from a graduation party. The grad's BFF and her family are fundie-lite. The eldest daughter attends Liberty Univ, and the BFF will probably end up there also. BFF and her siblings are/were home schooled.

BFF had a boyfriend and they had seks. BFF thought she was pregnant and confessed her "sin" to her mother. She was severely punished and then decided to mend her evil, heathen ways. She vowed not to have seks again until marriage and is a born-again virgin.

BFF's family did not socialize with anyone at the party. In fact, they sat together on the patio outside and looked rather gloomy. I think they were trying to stay away from un heathens.

The only thing that does not fit is their dress. BFF's mom wore capris, BFF and her older sister both wore short dresses. BFF's father was in high waisted denim dad shorts. The brother looked fairly normal in jeans and a t-shirt. well one more thing doesn't fit: BFF's parents are allowing her 2 years to pursue her dream before she gets shipped off to Liberty. She is studying dance and hopes to be a prefessional ballerina.

alone??? :shock:

Hmmm it was at a transfer station between two lines. So I was going to one train while she went to other way to the other platform. Maybe her headship was in the crowd near her. Fundie guys are harder to stop. :doh: (thanks to double standards).

Just spotted a young fundie mother at my local mcdonalds. She would have been no older than 25ish and had 4 kids and somewhat of a baby bump. One of the kids actually looked a lot like Josie Duggar, it was freaky.

seeing as i can't edit my post, i thought i'd just quote it so i could add the pictures i took for reference. totally creepy, but i have to admit i get a little pang of excitement when i see local fundies... haha.

IMG_1983-_zpscf08ee73.jpg

IMG_1984-_zpsa90220e8.jpg

seeing as i can't edit my post, i thought i'd just quote it so i could add the pictures i took for reference. totally creepy, but i have to admit i get a little pang of excitement when i see local fundies... haha.

IMG_1983-_zpscf08ee73.jpg

IMG_1984-_zpsa90220e8.jpg

wow is that FIVE kids? (maybe one of the little girls is running to a different car)

anyway, i have mad respect for anyone who will put up with that kind of torture lol

i have my hands full with just two kids!

oh, it totally is 5 kids. 4 little ones and a baby, plus what looks like a pregnant belly (or a mummy tummy).

i sat there in awe and my husband was like "umm.... what are you looking at?" and i was like "a fundie! a real life fundie!" and then he hung his head in shame, probably wondering why he married me.

So when I took swimming lessons last year my instructor allowed students to come and practice during lunch time. About every other day this fundie family was there. The two daughters wore wholesome wear swimsuits while the son just wore board shorts. They would always have races and of course the boy won because he had basically nothing weighing him down! The mother was a trip too. Most of the time she would just read her book but then she would randomly get up and start doing Tai Chi type moves. I thought fundies were against that type of thing. :cray-cray:

I just came home from a graduation party. The grad's BFF and her family are fundie-lite. The eldest daughter attends Liberty Univ, and the BFF will probably end up there also. BFF and her siblings are/were home schooled.

BFF had a boyfriend and they had seks. BFF thought she was pregnant and confessed her "sin" to her mother. She was severely punished and then decided to mend her evil, heathen ways. She vowed not to have seks again until marriage and is a born-again virgin.

BFF's family did not socialize with anyone at the party. In fact, they sat together on the patio outside and looked rather gloomy. I think they were trying to stay away from un heathens.

The only thing that does not fit is their dress. BFF's mom wore capris, BFF and her older sister both wore short dresses. BFF's father was in high waisted denim dad shorts. The brother looked fairly normal in jeans and a t-shirt. well one more thing doesn't fit: BFF's parents are allowing her 2 years to pursue her dream before she gets shipped off to Liberty. She is studying dance and hopes to be a prefessional ballerina.

Why the hell have a party of any kind if you're not going to socialize with any guests? That just boggles the mind.

Will the BFF be comfortable in the dress of a professional dancer? And those costumes of the danceur don't leave much to the imagination! About the only thing you won't know about a male dancer's package is whether or not he is circumcised and I'm not so sure about even that. Of course, lots of male dancers traditionally have been gay. Is she OK with that?

Why the hell have a party of any kind if you're not going to socialize with any guests? That just boggles the mind.

Will the BFF be comfortable in the dress of a professional dancer? And those costumes of the danceur don't leave much to the imagination! About the only thing you won't know about a male dancer's package is whether or not he is circumcised and I'm not so sure about even that. Of course, lots of male dancers traditionally have been gay. Is she OK with that?

I was talking about the grad's BFF -- she and her family were guests at the party; it was not the BFF's party.

I assume she is aware of what dancers wear, since she has been dancing for many years. I have no idea how she feels about gays, but I think I know how her parents feel :|

Now I understand. I initially read your post in a tearing hurry and I misunderstood. It's plain out rude to act the way these people did.

I hope this dancer never feels like any gay men she is liable to run into need to be changed and realizes that they are fine just as they are.

Archived