IGNORED

Josh Duggar Instagram and Facebook (Part 7)

StarrieEyedKat

Boy in the orange cap? I think that's actually one of the J-slaves, unless you're referring to someone else that I'm missing. The safety goggles are distorting her features so I can't tell which one it is, but you can see long hair coming down over one shoulder. You can see her from the back at the far right of the other picture, too.

Sorry, you're right; it's a girl. The cap threw me. But she's not a Duggar. She looks like the other two unknown kids in the photo.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, you're right; it's a girl. The cap threw me. But she's not a Duggar. She looks like the other two unknown kids in the photo.

I was thinking it looked like Duggar Hair, but then that's pretty much the standard 'do for any Gothardite girl.

I was thinking it looked like Duggar Hair, but then that's pretty much the standard 'do for any Gothardite girl.

The girl in the orange cap is a Query, but I don't know who the little girl in the purple skirt is.

Who's the very pregnant woman in the striped shirt?

I agree, joy is looking a bit slouchy there.

First they pimp themselves on Facebook to the super nanny and now a crossover with the biblically approved science guy? Desperation thy name is Duggar!

Holy shit I had to do a double take there as I thought one of the daughters was actually pregnant but enlarging the pic it's looks like JOy is stooped slightly and a food belly for sure.

It Is JoyAnna (My Favorite) I enlarged it also. yet another FU moment about yeah our children are into science. with the whole fam damily (attending like trained seals) doing lame ass experiments that wouldn't impress Josie, with no light or fire in their eyes (Reminds me of the children of the corn...the first one) i foresee VERY dark days ahead for All if not most of the duggar children :cry:

Several positive thoughts on seeing these photos;

# it will be nice to watch the Duggars do something other than go to the dentist

# pretend science may be bad but it is better than wisdom booklets, the kids may learn something useful and/or have fun learning

# nice to see them wearing safety glasses

Then I started noticing details ...

# Why doesn't Josie get safety glasses? Being little is not an excuse. In a real lab you must wear safety glasses and a lab coat. If you are going to make you diningroom + kitchen the lab, the same rules should apply and they apply to EVERYONE! (Just because you aren't doing the experiment doesn't mean your howler brother isn't going to flick acid in your eyes and permanently blind you.)

# I wonder how much being filmed takes away from the kids actually enjoying and learning from these lessons. At school I spent science pracs completely focused on what we were doing. The teacher would wander around, working with different groups, asking questions to make us think further into the science, helping us, whatever was needed. I always complained when told to pack up and, being the nerd I am, I spent quite a few lunchtimes continuing a prac. The Duggar kids seem to spend a lot of time explaining what they are doing to the camera or posing for pictures rather than actually doing stuff. It must be hard to get really involved in something when somebody is constantly tapping you on the shoulder and saying "J, can you just tell us ..." It might just be the way the show is edited but I'm not hopeful. Students really should be allowed to focus on their lesson rather than having to constantly stop and repeat it to a film crew.

Wonder if folks are starting to see them for what they are and they are getting flack? That's the only reason I can I think that they might be desperate to show that they really must believe in science if they have a science guy shown on a totally staged TV show. Yeah, right that'll work.

ETA: And furthermore, looking at the group picture above thread, I really have to wonder how those adult kids feel having to participate in what is basically an elementary level child's activity? Another way these fundie adult children are infantilized.

I dunno. We homeschooled for 20 years and everything we did was all ages. It's fun to do the experiments together. Thinking that there are things only for certain ages is anathema to homeschooling. The idea is a produce of school. We lived as if school didn't exist.

d0784bba7ee411e2b60722000a9f09f0_6.jpg

He's back!

I wonder if Joshie is aware the very non-fundie Paula Deen uses one of their recipes in one of her cookbooks! A visit to the TTH from Paula would be hilarious! Hope JB reads her book first :o

# Why doesn't Josie get safety glasses? Being little is not an excuse. In a real lab you must wear safety glasses and a lab coat. If you are going to make you diningroom + kitchen the lab, the same rules should apply and they apply to EVERYONE! (Just because you aren't doing the experiment doesn't mean your howler brother isn't going to flick acid in your eyes and permanently blind you.)

My guess is that they weren't doing actual experiments, just blowing up balloons. The goggles are for decoration and dude probably just didn't bring a pair in Josie's size.

My guess is that they weren't doing actual experiments, just blowing up balloons. The goggles are for decoration and dude probably just didn't bring a pair in Josie's size.

Yes, the goggles are for the "Duggars Do Science" photo op only.

Josie doesn't look well at all in that photo.

As a scientist, there is nothing a real scientist would do with kids IN a kitchen that would require safety glasses..... well except maybe film canister rockets. The duggar kids have done far more dangerous thing before without proper protection (can't resist... j&m continuing to have sex is one of them).

But Jim and Michelle are not children??????

And goggles won't help them with that. At least I don't think so. I hope not. You know what? I'm sorry I brought this up.

And goggles won't help them with that. At least I don't think so. I hope not. You know what? I'm sorry I brought this up.

:lol: :lol: do you need the bleach :lol: :lol:

As a scientist, there is nothing a real scientist would do with kids IN a kitchen that would require safety glasses..... well except maybe film canister rockets. The duggar kids have done far more dangerous thing before without proper protection (can't resist... j&m continuing to have sex is one of them).

QFT

Although, they could have been playing with liquid nitrogen which can splatter.

QFT

Although, they could have been playing with liquid nitrogen which can splatter.

Only if they were freezing ice cream! Otherwise, whats the use of liquid nitrogen?

I was just coming with ideas of why the could have been wearing googles. You can use liquid nitrogen to explain change of phases: solid-liquid-gas, you can do a couple of cool experiments.

Only if they were freezing ice cream! Otherwise, whats the use of liquid nitrogen?

That shit's probably way outside of the SOTDRT science budget, and I can't exactly see Boob springing for something that might actually get a kid interested in science. One day they'll be learning about radioactivity, and next thing you know, they'll be realizing that it actually is possible to date a rock. And that daddy is a liar. Can't have that, so it's best to just keep them away from the cool stuff.

I very much want to know what exactly Mr. Hooked on Science did with them that day.

Right. :roll: Because you wouldn't want someone who believes in evolution to teach your kids about the science behind balloons. You never know when they might slip up and be like "the air pressure in this balloon is caused by gas molecules NATURAL SELECTION bouncing off the walls at high PUNCTUATED EQUILIBRIUM speeds CARBON DATING ICE AGE WHALES EVOLVED FROM LAND MAMMALS".

Nope, we've got to let as many of our fundy friends place their product in our show as TLC will allow.

No, but they might bring a laser pointer, or start dropping feathers and rocks or plate up a spit sample, and you know those are gateway concepts. You'd have to be really really careful with most things in order not to have them ask questions or want to follow a thought to its logical conclusion. Balloons are probably nicely tied to the gas LAWS.

(laser-light-speed of light is constant, thinking about gravity or germs -understanding the word theory)

I also notice mullet has returned to the crunchy curls of glory :puke-huge:

It never fails to amaze me how quickly her hair reverts to its default glory.

Also, projectile vomiting smilies never fail to make me LOL.

Archived