IGNORED

Josh Duggar Instagram and Facebook (Part 7)

StarrieEyedKat

As a scientist, there is nothing a real scientist would do with kids IN a kitchen that would require safety glasses..... well except maybe film canister rockets. The duggar kids have done far more dangerous thing before without proper protection (can't resist... j&m continuing to have sex is one of them).

Not sure about the rules in other areas but here you are required to wear safety glasses in a lab, even if you are listening to a talk or watching a video. I just assumed the scientist was actually teaching them proper science procedures. (How stupid of me.)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the rules in other areas but here you are required to wear safety glasses in a lab, even if you are listening to a talk or watching a video. I just assumed the scientist was actually teaching them proper science procedures. (How stupid of me.)

The duggars dont have to follow the heathen gubment rulz!

I was just coming with ideas of why the could have been wearing googles. You can use liquid nitrogen to explain change of phases: solid-liquid-gas, you can do a couple of cool experiments.

Liquid nitrogen sublimates. No liquid phase there. Probably best to keep it simple with the duggars, though.

ETA: never mind. Liquid nitrogen is already a liquid, so it doesn't sublimate. I'm thinking dry ice. To think I have an engineering degree... :oops:

I assumed they were playing a scene for the TLC show--- and most characters in a tv show put on costumes... these are theirs for this show.

Liquid nitrogen sublimates. No liquid phase there. Probably best to keep it simple with the duggars, though.

ETA: never mind. Liquid nitrogen is already a liquid, so it doesn't sublimate. I'm thinking dry ice. To think I have an engineering degree... :oops:

No problem, I also was thinking about sublimation when I wrote the post the first time.

I dunno what your problem is and why the need to be snarky but ooookay. Since you wanted to be snippy....

I have worked in a biology lab at several universities. I only wear gloves and closed toed shoes. Even when in college I only wore goggles a handful of times in chemistry labs working with acids. Labs that require goggles are usually doing heavy duty chemical stuff. People were commenting on what they must have been doing to need safety glasses and worried about the safety aspect so I chimed in that there is no way a legit scientist would be dumb enough to do anything that could harm the kids and it is just for show.

....then again someone did uncover this guy as a creationist. I wonder how anyone can have a accredited science degree and still believe in that. Maybe he isn't such a legit guy.

I only wear gloves and closed toed shoes.

now there's a visual!

:lol: :oops: :o

I dunno what your problem is and why the need to be snarky but ooookay. Since you wanted to be snippy....

I have worked in a biology lab at several universities. I only wear gloves and closed toed shoes. Even when in college I only wore goggles a handful of times in chemistry labs working with acids. Labs that require goggles are usually doing heavy duty chemical stuff. People were commenting on what they must have been doing to need safety glasses and worried about the safety aspect so I chimed in that there is no way a legit scientist would be dumb enough to do anything that could harm the kids and it is just for show.

....then again someone did uncover this guy as a creationist. I wonder how anyone can have a accredited science degree and still believe in that. Maybe he isn't such a legit guy.

At the university I am at, we require that students wear safety glasses in the chem lab. Students with regular glasses usually get away without the safety glasses. We also discourage the use of gloves unless the students are handling something that poses a health or safety hazard. It teaches the students to be more careful with the materials they are working with. They try to use the gloves as crutches and then get upset when they spill acid on themselves in an area that the gloves dont cover.

Am I the only one that thinks Josie might actually have glasses on there? Not the goggles the rest of them have, but little round glasses? I'm not sure, but I kind of think so, especially when I blow the pic up.

Edited to add: Yes, she is. Here's the video of their oh-so-thrilling incredibly lame "science" experiments: CgA09pVgGSw

Josie is wearing glasses! you can see the light reflection from them in the video- looks like we will possibly be seeing a episode where she gets them?

Josie is wearing glasses! you can see the light reflection from them in the video- looks like we will possibly be seeing a episode where she gets them?

I think they're goggles.

Why is there a female person wearing jeans in the second "experiment" segment?

My original point was that I was impressed they were using safety glasses. THen I noticed that Josie didn't have any and I was wondering why. Either you are doing science properly and everyone needs them or you are using them for dress ups ...

It's all irrelevant now anyway because, as Snifter pointed out, she does have glasses. I just couldn't see them in the picture. (I'm using a 10" laptop so the picture is pretty small. When I enlarged the picture I could see them. Thanks Snifter.)

This is just something I'm particularly sensitive about as I am married to a university chemistry lecturer / researcher (think the Chemistry version of Leonard Hofstadter from The Big Bang Theory) and I hear far too many stories about arguments with first years who refuse to wear glasses and/or lab coats. Hubby is almost OCD on rules and I've kind of picked up the habit from him.

The Library of Congress internet filter blocks the "Hooked on Science" website as being "unclassified". Which is very telling. Basically, it means that the site is so obscure no one has bothered to catalog it yet. Its more obscure than Life In a Shoe, the Bates Family website, etc.

This is not a science experiment! This is a (lame) demonstration. "Experiment" means actually trying to do something!

hookedonscience.org/files/2012_Experiment_Archive_How_long_is_your_small_intestine.pdf

The Library of Congress internet filter blocks the "Hooked on Science" website as being "unclassified". Which is very telling. Basically, it means that the site is so obscure no one has bothered to catalog it yet. Its more obscure than Life In a Shoe, the Bates Family website, etc.

The hooked on science guy is Jason Lindsey, a meteorologist who also instructs kids in the art of “hands-on science to teach God's word and encourages youth to connect with their creator through the wonders of science.†A creationist, in other words.

I agree, Josie looks more than miserable or forlorn, she looks ill. And not a case of the "winter sniffles" kind of ill. :(

She also looks terrified of the balloons. It's possible that her ENT problems have made her ears very sensitive to noise therefore she wary of the balloons.

Poor little Lamb stuck in the hullabaloo of a house.

Josie started crying at the end with the balloons poor love. And one of the boys dropped one of the balls on another boys head. :naughty: little booger.

874858ee7fc611e2871d22000a1f92db_6.jpg

[ @ ] joshduggar Michael holding his lil friend! @raschofield 21h

[ @ ] lindsaykoog @joshduggar he's so sweet! How old is he now? 21h

[ @ ] kendallcatmeow Omg Michael is sooo big now!! 21h

[ @ ] jesusismysavior77 Michael has gotten so big!!! @joshduggar 21h

[ @ ] teamdojo1 LOVE! @raschofield @mackynziesmom @joshduggar 20h

[ @ ] apleyaday Cute! He looks similar to Johannah here 19h

[ @ ] raschofield @teamdojo1 18h

[ @ ] pinky2620 CUTE 17h

[ @ ] nickjonas0339 Michael is getting so big! I remember when he was born 12h

[ @ ] friendcatsmom Wow!! He's soooo big!!! 11h

[ @ ] mollykat_00 Great picture 11h

[ @ ] kimy94 He's going to be a good big brother :) 9h

Wow. Josh spent some time with his kids today. Its not even sunday... whats up with that?

Joshs instagram has 2318 photos?? wow, 2318 times beige food, "i-don't-want-to-work" stuff and tilted buildings

Jesus is my Lord. Anna is my wife. Mackynzie & Michael are my kiddos. Jim Bob & Michelle are my parents. I'm the oldest of 19 children. Work = Cars!

More accurate: Jesus is my excuse. Anna is my slave. Mackynzie & Michael are my suppressed ones. Jim Bob & Michelle are my advocates. I'm the holiest of 19 children. Work = non existent!

Buckle up, folks! Now that he is done saving teh bayeez Josh Duggar has a NEW CAUSE!

Wait for it....

TEXTING WHILE DRIVING! Ballpark, how many pics do we have of him takings pics while driving? 30? Is there no leg he wont hump?

post-315-14451996411526_thumb.jpg

Archived