IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go. You may need to add http://

web.archive.org/web/200101060037/http://titus2.com/corners/4-99-d.htm

INcredible. And that was originally posted in 1999. The crazy has been going on for a long time...

Steve, get a grip. The world is full of folks who don't adhere to your particular religious convictions or worldview, yet still somehow manage to practice lovingkindness daily.

They went on a TRIP while Teri was miscarrying?

They went on a TRIP while Teri was miscarrying?

We have never ever accused Steve of being sensitive. After all it was a trip to the zoo. Get your priorities straight ok?

I highly doubt that Rebecca K would be miserable, if Steve would allow her to marry one of son's I think she would the happiest person on earth.

I think she'd be thrilled at first, but then once Maxhell daily life really set in, she'd become miserable. Particularly if she was living far away from her parents and sister, whom she seems to love very much.

We have never ever accused Steve of being sensitive. After all it was a trip to the zoo. Get your priorities straight ok?

What a dick!! I can't/can believe that he did that!

What a dick!! I can't/can believe that he did that!

To be fair, maybe she wanted to go to distract herself. I went to a Tori Amos concert in the middle of a miscarriage and it was a diversion. I was a little over-emotional but everyone is crying at her concerts so I fit in well.

Guest Anonymous

To be fair, maybe she wanted to go to distract herself. I went to a Tori Amos concert in the middle of a miscarriage and it was a diversion. I was a little over-emotional but everyone is crying at her concerts so I fit in well.

Sadly, this is the same Teri Maxwell who has to pray instead of even reminding Steve to get pizza for dinner... :(

Are there any Bates available in her age range?

One older and two a little younger. She'd be perfect for Nathan.

As for "expand and blossom," don't these people revere the Von Trapps and watch The Sound of Music on a continuous loop (well, except for the Maxwell cult, of course)? Bloom and grow forever, dumbshit! Then again, fundies have changed the lyrics of Eidelweiss so some of the younger ones may not know the original song. :roll:

I highly doubt that Rebecca K would be miserable, if Steve would allow her to marry one of son's I think she would the happiest person on earth.

Not at first, no. She would happy. But over time her spark would be burned away. She deserves better.

INcredible. And that was originally posted in 1999. The crazy has been going on for a long time...

Steve, get a grip. The world is full of folks who don't adhere to your particular religious convictions or worldview, yet still somehow manage to practice lovingkindness daily.

Oh my G-d he is really distrubing!! I read the whole corner, what a screwed up person he is!! Who would have such a reaction of what is being seen, he really needs some mental help if he still believes that, I really feel bad for the grandchildren even more then I did before!

As for "expand and blossom," don't these people revere the Von Trapps and watch The Sound of Music on a continuous loop (well, except for the Maxwell cult, of course)? Bloom and grow forever, dumbshit! Then again, fundies have changed the lyrics of Eidelweiss so some of the younger ones may not know the original song. :roll:

Changed the lyrics? How so? And why? I'm going over the song in my head, but can't think of objectionable lyrics.

Changed the lyrics? How so? And why? I'm going over the song in my head, but can't think of objectionable lyrics.

Here's the Duggars' version of Edelweiss:

Poor thing probably thinks his brand of "Godly" would be so easy with loving headship to breed for. Although I agree with those who say that Asshole Steve would never allow it, as she is not thin enough (his opinion, not mine), and his head would explode having her parents tangentially in the family, I would kind of like to see it happen. I think she is sincere, the wool is pulled over her eyes, so once she fully understands the level of abuse in that family she might leave and give us a tell all.

I'm wondering if the Duggars themselves did not change it? It may be one of those cases where someone stole the melody a long time ago and changed the lyrics so that there are now two songs? (Did that make sense? I'm pretty doped up on cough meds.)

Shoot, most Christians don't know that the song "Jesus Loves the Little Children" used to be an old (Southern! :shock: ) civil war song called "Tramp Tramp Tramp."

The Duggars just don't seem creative enough to me to write their own songs.

Oh that is really disgusting. Ugh.

Where were they singing that? It appears there's a menorah onstage and a banner on the wall with the Star of David.

Here you go. You may need to add http://

web.archive.org/web/200101060037/http://titus2.com/corners/4-99-d.htm

Thank you very much.

Two questions immediately arise:

1) What self-respecting patriachal wannabee would follow such a namby-pamby as Steve? He felt uneasy going to see the videos but bought them anyway and from there on in, he feels troubled, he doubts the wisdom, but he goes ahead and shows the kids the videos.

Wuss.

2) Why didn't he take the opportunity to stop tape and say, "OK, kids, this man is praying to a false god, this is why we know our god is true...." He just whines about how weak he was.

Bully. He's too inarticulate and mentally ingrown to admit a mistake and make the best of it, but he's got Teri trained not to speak up to him in *any* way.

Didn't the first FJer to crash a Maxwell workshop say that Teri absolutely cowered when she misquoted a Bible passage to say "Do evil" rather than "Do no evil" or something like that? Rather than just recover, chuckle and say, "Excuse me! 'Do *NO* evil..." and go on with her memorized spiel, she had no idea what to do and looked to STeve apologetically. I think that was the story.

A wuss and a bully. Not a surprising combination, and not surprising that it's present in Steve's mentality.

Oh that is really disgusting. Ugh.

Where were they singing that? It appears there's a menorah onstage and a banner on the wall with the Star of David.

Probably some kind of Christian church that believes the end of the world and the 2nd coming of Jesus is predicated on the state of the political entity known as Israel. People who believe this take things a step further and display Jewish symbols rather than the Christian cross or other emblems of the Christian Trinity.

The location on youtube lists Poplar Bluff, Missouri as the location. That's a pretty southern-oriented part of the state and while I've never visited it wouldn't surprise me to know that there are several such congregations there. Note that it was at the Akin rally (he lost! he lost! he lost!! :D ) and a goodly number of Republican politicians pander to the right-wing, Israel-supporting* (because they think it will hasten the second coming) Christian groups.

*ETA: Just to be clear, I have no problem with those who support Israel. I do have a problem with Christian leaders (so-called) who willfully misinterpret Biblical references to "Israel" to mean the political country that has existed since the 1940s, when "Israel" has always been understood to mean the people of God. It's a bit pedagogic, but it's a big problem in that it leads some people to lose focus on the real point of the religion.

It was at some Akin event.

I'm not sure about the Maxwells, but the Duggars won't even sing "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear J------, happy birthday to you!" -- they sing some Jesus birthday song instead. So I would think no song is safe from being Jesus-fied. We can't have people going 10 seconds without being brainwashed.

Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure about the Maxwells, but the Duggars won't even sing "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear J------, happy birthday to you!" -- they sing some Jesus birthday song instead. So I would think no song is safe from being Jesus-fied. We can't have people going 10 seconds without being brainwashed.

In my church it was "Happy birthday to you, Only one will not do, take the gift of salvation and then you'll have two!" :lol:

I am not sure what the Maxwell's sing but Steve has stated in either post responces or in corner's that he wants his kids to have their minds on Jesus 24/7.

2) Why didn't he take the opportunity to stop tape and say, "OK, kids, this man is praying to a false god, this is why we know our god is true...." He just whines about how weak he was.

He can then add "well, this guy is practicing nonsense but the important thing to take from this scene is that the guy is very worried and serious about climbing the mountain because he knows it is dangerous."

But that's not enough for the Maxwells - no, they're never supposed to even see other religions or practices that they don't actually believe in, because it might give the kids ideas, and they have this goal that the media they consume should all be "true." The whole idea of "characters (fictional or other real people in some video) are not you and not God, they have their own biases and motivations and will act and speak accordingly, so you need to figure that in" just completely escapes them. They don't allow books with misbehaving kids even IF those kids get a comeuppance, same reason.

Come to think of it, it's probably another reason why Sarah's writing is so odd.

I am not sure what the Maxwell's sing but Steve has stated in either post responces or in corner's that he wants his kids to have their minds on Jesus 24/7.

One of the Munck kids had a birthday this week and, as usual, they went all out on his birthday party. Elizabeth is so fortunate she escaped in time!

One of the Munck kids had a birthday this week and, as usual, they went all out on his birthday party. Elizabeth is so fortunate she escaped in time!

With all those kids, the Muncks are always having birthdays. I like how they make such a big deal of them, though. I can only imagine how much they spend on all those party decs and paper plates and supplies. But the parties always look festive and well-planned and fun. Yep, Elizabeth dodged a bullet on that one.

"We are the shepherds guarding the access to the sheep pen."

That seriously sent a chill up my spine. How fucking creepy. What an insane thing for a father to say about his children.

ETA: "It is true that every evil imagination, which is similar to improper appetites, does come from the heart. But, we then can guard whether these appetites are fed or not."

Is it just me or is this grammatically/syntactically incoherent? I can see another source of Sarah's writing "talent".

Archived