IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

Does anyone else think it's odd that they posted a photo of all the women and not one of all the men? It just seems weird to me that in the photo of the women, Melanie was allowed to hold her baby, but because NR-Anna's baby is a boy, he's not in the photo. So, then, where is the photo of the men and Joshua?

Not to worry, Steve will be sure to have it posted tomorrow.

:greetings-wavingyellow: Hi Steve!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Sarah has nothing else in her life but the blog right now. So will you stop being so GLUTTONOUS with your desire to see the photos? All in good time. The Menz are more important than the feebil wimminz. You have to wait respectfully for the Menz photo. :naughty:

Annnnndddddd...let's see how long it takes for an all-male photo to get posted. Ready? And GO! (Hi, Steve!).

ETA: Oh, jinx! :)

Wow! NR Anna must have gotten permission from Christopher that she didn't have to wear a frumper for this picture. And is her hair actually "down" in the back?

Wow! NR Anna must have gotten permission from Christopher that she didn't have to wear a frumper for this picture. And is her hair actually "down" in the back?

And in nearly every picture they are in together, he's got his hands all over her. :naughty: It's so defrauding. Groping belongs at home, in the privacy of the bedroom. :snooty:

And in nearly every picture they are in together, he's got his hands all over her. :naughty: It's so defrauding. Groping belongs at home, in the privacy of the bedroom. :snooty:

I've seen a lot of fundie guys do that crap in photos. To me, it appears to be a sign of ownership.

I've seen a lot of fundie guys do that crap in photos. To me, it appears to be a sign of ownership.

I have seen it a lot as well never thought about like that. (the men owning the women).

I have seen it a lot as well never thought about like that. (the men owning the women).

I think the men probably think is a sign of protection, but protection = ownership in Fundieland.

I've been reading about the Maxwells here on FJ and wow! They are a little strange. I feel bad that they are taught to be stay at home daughters. I know this has been said to death but seriously...how will the adult daughters find husbands? They aren't allowed to do anything it seems but work for their parents, sew skirts, and pick up healthy snacks at Costco. All as a family unit, no less. That's not healthy.

Oh, JeanneD, dear me! Dear you!! :shock: That's right nuts, no offense to your folks who raised you that way.

But I digress, I am so sorry you were raised with that kind of nonsense. May I ask, what path do you follow now?

Eh, as we got a little older my parents finally grew a spine and turned away from the more extreme crazy. For what it's worth, I don't blame them - I blame the leaders of these fundie groups who took advantage of their faith. There are men like Steve (howdy) who *know* they are wrong, who *know* they are hurting their loved ones and who *know* they've twisted scriptures and placed themselves as gods of their households and yet they continue. Those men have hurt me (and thousands of women like me) and I still hear their voices and their judgments. I continue to have faith in spite of them, not because of them. And heck, this board is great therapy.

Holy flicking snit, I have lost my entire morning to this thread. I now need a low cut t shirt that says EYE TRAP across the nipples, and trust me, I wear a DDD. Weep over that, Steve. And a contrasting button over my hoo haa.

If those pictures are anything to go by I'd bet a lot that Mary's gonna get out of there. She's good at rejecting floral patterns and getting away with wearing dark colors. She's gonna fly that coop someday.

If those pictures are anything to go by I'd bet a lot that Mary's gonna get out of there. She's good at rejecting floral patterns and getting away with wearing dark colors. She's gonna fly that coop someday.

That's what I thought too, until the FJ attack group visited the Maxwell conference and Mary made that creepiest ever heart shaped sign with her hands and told "but I love my daddy!" when being told that there are people who can help them if they want to leave.

I hardly think her clothing color is a predictor of her future behavior.

That's what I thought too, until the FJ attack group visited the Maxwell conference and Mary made that creepiest ever heart shaped sign with her hands and told "but I love my daddy!" when being told that there are people who can help them if they want to leave.

This is creepy. Like beyond creepy. This scene should make it into next year's horror shows. I cannot erase it from my mind. It is like the little girl crawling out of the TV in the Ring - burned through my brain for all time.

The Maxwells are good at photographing landscapes but not too good with the artsy stuff. Pictures with people in them tend to be bland and stiff. Christopher's wedding pics are ok with the posed ones coming off as the best. Looking over my wedding pics, almost none are posed but they show a flair that the Maxwells never acquire.

I feel the Maxwell have no idea how to be creative with their photography. It's like they stared at a few old pictures and try to emulate them in all their photography. Their family pictures are generic with some odd choices here and there (exit sign in their family photo?!). I blame it on their lack of exposure to...well, anything, and also their lack of training. They teach themselves and have limited exposure to modern photography styles and techniques. I think that's why the Maxwells are better at the technical end of things, as those can be picked up through a textbook and don't require the type of creativity that the Maxwells stifle so much.

Bethany holding the cow surprised me. I'm not familiar with Jim the Cow, but when I saw that pic I wondered if Steve considers stuffed animals idols and wouldn't allow them in pictures.

I actually wonder if having grandkids has loosened Steve & Teri up a bit.

Guest Anonymous

I actually wonder if having grandkids has loosened Steve & Teri up a bit.

Doubt it. I would think Mel's family are the positive influence on the grandchildren. And that would be why Steve now distinguishes between "immediate family" and "relatives". with Nathan's wayward lot falling into the latter category.

I think folks have pointed this out before, but Steve definitely looks to be putting Anna on the marriage market. She has been looking better and better in recent pictures, and in these she seems to have something resembling a stylish hairdo.

(Poor Sarah.)

I think folks have pointed this out before, but Steve definitely looks to be putting Anna on the marriage market. She has been looking better and better in recent pictures, and in these she seems to have something resembling a stylish hairdo.

(Poor Sarah.)

Yep. Steve gave up on Sarah. Anna is next, what with all her domestic prowess and all. Poor Sarah.

I hardly think her clothing color is a predictor of her future behavior.

In the family portrait, she's dressed exactly like Poor Sarah.

Do I detect distinct sadness in PS's face, as opposed to a certain self-confidence in Anna's? Those who think things are adding up to Anna + a courtship are, I think, on the right path. ... Some of my kids are Sarah's age. I think of what it would be like if I'd kept them at home .... shudder!!!! So unfair to the young adult.

I wonder if part of Steve's obsession with keeping family pure and together is a way of dealing with the guilt he should feel but will never acknowledge at ruining PS's life. As in, he can't stand to face the facts of PS's life, so he zeroes in on other things to push the thoughts from his mind.

Anna's hair looks awful in recent closeup shots. It looks like it is in bad need of a trim and some serious conditioning.

Well, she seems to have some layering going on with her ends which just isn't working at all for her. She'd be best to grow out her layers. Sarah and Mary both have thick hair and I'm guessing Anna does, too, but it would just look better either all one length or in a shorter layered style.

Do people believe that Steve lurks on the FJ forums? He got to have a thick skin here to hear total strangers talk disparagingly about him, his lifestyles, his values and his family. I know I could never do it. Then again, given his persecution mentality, all this may just confirm that the world is a evil, hateful place and he was right to isolate his family from it.

Archived