IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

http://wwwDOTtitus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/DSC_8191.jpg

this is an awesomely fun looking apron though! :mrgreen:

(i tried to just upload the image, as i'd saved it, but it said the file was too big?)

okay the link won't track back because it doesn't work with the DOT in it, but how do i make it so it's dead and can just be copy/pasted?

Sur la Table has some awesome retro aprons on sale for 15-20 dollars right now and they even have matching towels and oven mitts. I'm trying to resist as I already own several nice aprons, but I want a black one with white polka dots and lace....

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see the recent post of the Muncks titled "memories." Lots of pictures of them all having FUN swimming in their pool, taking underwater pictures, playing at the beach, playing miniature golf, even vacationing at Lego Land!!! And in a previous post, the girls all went out and indulged in CAKE!!! Those silly, worldly Muncks.

I'm SO GLAD Elizabeth didn't marry Joseph!

The Maxwell's thanksgiving post is up. Joseph does allude to the failed courtship but not surprisingly the rest of it heavy on Jesus. Although Teri does say she's thankful for an improved back and Anna says how she can't wait to give Susannah a hug in heaven.

Rarely would I do this but I think the portrait of Steve and Teri is rather nice. They look happy and in love in that photo. Terri always seems so sad in photos, even when she's smiling.

Seriously, Teri and Steve look like a normal, happy couple in that photo - Teri even looks youthful.

Sarah, on the other hand? Still looks like she's crying herself to sleep every night.

It feels like, 'everyone list five things you're thankful for! The first one is JESUS. Here, let me write that down for you.'

I am not Suprised by their gratitude list. I am just a little kind of weirded out by Anna mentioning the child that passed & by the fact that Abigail knows what the moon is considering I thought they went to bed before nightfall.

Seriously, Teri and Steve look like a normal, happy couple in that photo - Teri even looks youthful.

I think she's beautiful in this photo and her smile looks real. That is quite an intimate photo but so nice and JOYful it almost makes me forget who these people really are. Almost.

I love little Christina's honest "WTF is this crazy sh#t?!?" look on her face. Melanie is truly glowing in her picture and looks totally happy. Like others here, I do hope they meet with her family much more than with his.

Interesting that there was a list from Nathan and Melanie (and the girls) but not a list from NR Anna, only Chris. I don't know if the photographer somehow fucked up these photos but the lighting is pretty weird. Chris, who normally is not that bad looking looks manic, like he is possessed or something... Well maybe it's just those intense Maxhell eyes he shares with his brothers.

I could swear they have done some serious photoshopping with Reversal Anna's picture or she has the most perfect skin _ever_. And her eyes look suspicious too... but I could blame this strong beer I'm drinking right now! (Cheers, Steve :obscene-drinkingcheers: ). If they really did photoshop they should have done something to her hair too - how about a nice short cut with trimmed ends?

Young Jesse seems to cherish sports and hiking and other outdoor activities - too bad they may become an idol to him like his former interest in a music instrument. Luckily Steve-O banned that satanic device from his son's life and thus saved him from the eternal hell fire. And speaking of fire... Mary is thankful for "My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who died on the cross for my sins to save me from an eternity in hell." I actually wished a photo of her with that infamous heart shaped handsign that I can not.get.over.with. :scared-shocked:

Guest Anonymous

People who have seen Anna in real life have confirmed she has perfect skin.

I think the Teri and Steve photo would be more appropriate in the family album. It looks as though they are advertising that November 30 days of sex initiative. :mrgreen:

And poor Sarah looks like a stigmatized spinster required to suppress her sexuality even more than ever. She is a lovely looking woman but she looks so sad.

Sarah's list seems to be 5 ways of saying the same thing. And she DOES look sad. Poor Sarah.

Anna is always grateful for Suzannah. Which is sweet, but it's just interesting no one else mentions her, not even Nathan and Melanie.

Jesse is grateful for working out at home with his brothers. Let me tell you, Jess, you'd be even more grateful for working out at a gym that has half-naked women working out close to you that aren't your sisters!

That photo of Steve and Teri is actually nice and makes them look human. It's just so NOT them. But if you didn't know them, they look happy and normal and not constantly thinking of death.

Nathan and Steve really have that psycho gleam in their eyes.

Thanksgiving photos - First time I've ever seen Steve and Terri look like normal happy people with pleasure in their eyes! Nathan and Melanie express their thankfulness as PARTNERS and don't blather on about how full of sin they are. FOR Christopher, it's all about how much his wife cherishes HIM and not vice versa. Of the 3 married couples, he's the only husband who apparently forgets to give his wife space to say about what SHE'S thankful for. Anna who has the most beautiful hair of all must wear it skinned back and be dressed in a beige frumper. Their baby hardly ever smiles. Probably already blanket trained and listening to daddy's tapes all day long!

I'm surprised Mary didn't give thanks for tweezers, because her eyebrows used to look like Brezhnev's. She's definitely the prettiest of the 3 daughters.

Guest Anonymous
I'm surprised Mary didn't give thanks for tweezers, because her eyebrows used to look like Brezhnev's. She's definitely the prettiest of the 3 daughters.

There's plenty to snark about, without picking on a child's appearance. :roll:

They're all thankful for the same things only they attempt to word it differently - of course, they're all thankful for Jesus and salvation as numbers one and two. Their family, diligence, family, joy, delight, family,blessings, prayers, family.

Steve turned them all into robots. They idolize him, his god, his choices, his priorities.

We, as many families do, all said what we were most thankful for this year. Me? My full time job. My oldest niece? Her professors and how they are helping her keep on track to graduate from college in three years. One of my nephews? That his broken arm did no permanent damage and five months in a cast and two surgeries took care of it. My sister in law? That her husband, my brother, who is a fireman, comes home from work after every shift.

We are all family and we love each other and we know that. We do not, however, spend 24/7/365 together so when we are all together for a holiday, we appreciate every second of it and share our lives with each other. We are far from perfect; in fact we're pretty damn dysfunctional in our ways. But, we do not need to be tied to each other every second of every day to know we love and respect each other. And we know that when we express what we are most thankful for, it doesn't need to be 'family' because that's a given. We share our gratefulness so we can get to know each other, talk about things, support each other and maybe even learn something we didn't know.

If I were a Maxwell I'd have been dead twenty years ago. Their world is too fucking small and there is nothing in anyone's life that isn't in everyone else's life. They're stifled. That's why their blog is so boring; their yearly thankful posts are repeats of the year before, and they have no ability to actually express anything because none of them has a clue that words tell stories - they don't even share stories with each other because how can you tell mom about your day when she was by your side every second of it? How can you ask dad's advice when he tells you what to do from waking at 4am to what to put in your burritos to what to think to who you can talk to to what books you can't read.

I was wrong today when I said I was most grateful for my job. I actually AM the most grateful for my family, warts and all. For all our dysfunction, we're real people with our own ideas and lives. I am beyond grateful that I don't have a father like Steve to ruin my life.

Sarah's list seems to be 5 ways of saying the same thing.

I agree. Sarah's list is so general it sounds like things one says when one doesn't know what to say but is obliged to say something. I'd expect more from a writer.

It feels like, 'everyone list five things you're thankful for! The first one is JESUS. Here, let me write that down for you.'

SRSLY. Every year they do it like that. "First is Jesus, then fambly, then I guess you can pick some other stuff."

I also like the picture of Steve-O and Teri.

I agree. Sarah's list is so general it sounds like things one says when one doesn't know what to say but is obliged to say something. I'd expect more from a writer.

But, she's a "writer", not really a writer. A real writer is allowed to express her own thoughts, and Sarah's got rules which have stunted her growth. Plain and simple.

I'm with you guys. I think fundiefan had some really good thoughts on why they are all so stunted.

Titus 2 is the book and chapter of the Bible that they believe instructs women in the ways they should live in order to be happy and to keep their husbands happy.

Titus 2:3-5 says:

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

So, Teri is a Titus 2 woman because she is teaching young women to be reverent, to not enjoy partying much, to have no Jack Daniels in the house, to love their husbands, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, which translates to her as being a full-time "homemaker", to submit to their husbands, etc. All this is to glorify God.

Any young woman who follows this philosophy and looks to an older woman like Teri for guidance is also a Titus 2 woman.

It is the Be-all of True Christian Womanhood.

Just leave off the http and the link will be dead. And congrats on abandoning the Maxwell/Duggar love! :dance:

Aha! Sometimes the answer is so simple and right there. Thanks! 8-)

Archived