IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

Seriously? Eegads.

When I was a junior in high school, we had "bible day" once a week. Our assignment was to work quietly and copy the verses on the board, and then write them in our own words. And then write a reflection on what they mean to us. I never did a single one. It usually took me half the 40 minute period to find the first one and read it and copy it, then I would doodle or fall asleep or write a letter to a friend or read a novel under my desk.

I don't think I would have been a very good Maxwell.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re-writing the Bible in their own words can't be that difficult when your Father is the Lord himself.

Guest Anonymous

Seriously? Eegads.

Seriously. :shock:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2007/07/24/josephs-graduation/

A side note about his graduation. In addition to completing his school work, I had given Joseph another requirement for graduation. He was to read through the Bible, outlining it as he went while also compiling a timeline and doctrinal statement. These would be for his own personal use. The outline would be a consolidation of the points that were important to him from each chapter – a condensed view of Scripture from his perspective. The doctrinal statement was to be doctrinal points and supporting Scripture that he gleaned as he read and ones that would be foundational to his life and walk with the Lord Jesus. The timeline was to help him understand key Biblical events. He worked hard on this, and I have been very pleased.

eta Kansas homeschools require a one time registration and there are no formal checks or requirements, only "guidelines". http://www.kansashomeschool.org/content/view/27/78/

But what if Steve would decide his girls wouldn't even have to learn how to read. Because they can always ask their husbands and you don't want your women to stick their noses in your affairs. Would nobody notice? That sounds so strange to me and so dangerous...

Guest Anonymous

But what if Steve would decide his girls wouldn't even have to learn how to read. Because they can always ask their husbands and you don't want your women to stick their noses in your affairs. Would nobody notice? That sounds so strange to me and so dangerous...

Strange to me too, but just the way it is, apparently. Technically there is a requirement of "maintaining a regular and credible educational program" but with no checks in place it would probably take a big scandal to create a push for change.

Guest Anonymous
Can someone link to the essay that Sarah wrote about girls not needing college? I really want to read it!

Am on phone so no, but try googling "titus2.com anna college"

GAG! I just read it. Meanwhile I have my college edumication and I'm the one with a soon to be spouse, a home, and will have children while poor Sarah sits at home washing daddy's laundry and praying ten times a day for a husband that will never appear.

And then what happens when Steve dies and the house of cards collapses? Steve's my age. Recently, several of my healthy-seeming contemporaries have died unexpectedly. I got a kick out of Anna's comment that tuition would be "a waste of the Lord's finances." Translation=Daddy's money.

I swear, cloistered nuns have more practical knowledge of the world than the Maxwell gals have. The nuns have made an active choice to enter lives of seclusion, and do not insist that their lives are the only "Godly" ones a person can choose.

And then what happens when Steve dies and the house of cards collapses? Steve's my age. Recently, several of my healthy-seeming contemporaries have died unexpectedly. I got a kick out of Anna's comment that tuition would be "a waste of the Lord's finances." Translation=Daddy's money.

I swear, cloistered nuns have more practical knowledge of the world than the Maxwell gals have. The nuns have made an active choice to enter lives of seclusion, and do not insist that their lives are the only "Godly" ones a person can choose.

Not to mention that the Maxwell girls could go to a local CC and with evil government grants get that education for free, or nearly so. My brother went to a CC for the first two years and I wish I had. I think his total outlay per semester was about 200 to 300 for books. If I recall correctly he didn't even have to buy a parking pass. My FH completed two of his pre-reqs for his graduate degree at a CC. In one class he even had the same professor that teaches the same class at the university he's going to attend. The classes, out of pocket including books were about 400 each.

Well, at the very least Anna appears to be a much better writer than Sarah is. Not that it will get her anywhere...

There was a thread about a week or so ago (Why I lost faith in the pro-life movement) that linked to a blog post by Libby Anne. I read a few more of her posts and then went to her About page and read her story. And as I read, the first thing I thought of (after getting over a bit of scepticism, given her strict upbringing as to how her parents would allow her not only to go to college in the first place, but to go to an away college and a secular one at that) is that her story was the perfect illustration of why the Maxwells keep their children so isolated. What happened to Libby Anne is exactly what Steve and Teri are afraid will happen if they allow their children to think for themselves and interact with people who aren't like-minded. To quote an old song "How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... lhood-doll

So, Anna wrote a post about painting Joe's house over a week ago, and Sarah just posts it today?! Wonder what kept Sarah sssooo busy. A new Moody book? A courtship? :think:

I would not like to be on that ladder thing they rigged up....

So, Anna wrote a post about painting Joe's house over a week ago, and Sarah just posts it today?! Wonder what kept Sarah sssooo busy. A new Moody book? A courtship? :think:

I would not like to be on that ladder thing they rigged up....

No kidding -- someone, quick, call OSHA!

I do wonder if they've finally found a mate for Sarah. They've been awfully secretive lately. And tick-tock, tick-tock -- her THIRTY-FIRST birthday is just around the corner!

Guest Anonymous
Is it wrong that I feel gipped by missing out on the Munck-Maxwell wedding extravaganza?! They owe us a live stream wedding!!!

:lol: :lol:

Is it wrong that I feel gipped by missing out on the Munck-Maxwell wedding extravaganza?! They owe us a live stream wedding!!!

I also feel a bit gipped. I missed the previous fundie live stream weddings.

Not at all. Steve held out the promise of a wedding/ death extraveganza in 50 shades of beige and then reneged. He put out all the pre show publicity with posts about no touch engagements, teasers about Joseph signing a mystery contract, updates on the renovations, informing us of God's will regarding the young couple, then advising us of His revised will, and, of course A Very Maxwell Wedding Register, then he didn't come through with the goods. We invested in this romance and gave away pieces of our hearts to the idea of Elizabeth and Joseph Maxwell, a couple who will now never be.

Steve owes us a live streamed modest Maxwell marriage, and he has defrauded us by not providing it.

Not at all. Steve held out the promise of a wedding/ death extraveganza in 50 shades of beige and then reneged. He put out all the pre show publicity with posts about no touch engagements, teasers about Joseph signing a mystery contract, updates on the renovations, informing us of God's will regarding the young couple, then advising us of His revised will, and, of course A Very Maxwell Wedding Register, then he didn't come through with the goods. We invested in this romance and gave away pieces of our hearts to the idea of Elizabeth and Joseph Maxwell, a couple who will now never be.

Steve owes us a live streamed modest Maxwell marriage, and he has defrauded us by not providing it.

And because we all know he reads here, the idea that he defrauded anyone will make his blood boil. He'll come back on the blog with something uber personal to make sure he's still got his followers in his clutches.

And I was thinking about this -- Sarah will never marry and if she does, what kind of wife would she be? Every cell in her body has been trained to not think impure thoughts or even value her sexuality, so she's basically just a machine that would only be a vessel for babies if she were to be married. Poor, poor Sarah.

So (and apologies for this thread hijack), what will Joseph *do* with his shiny new house?

Keep shining it (renovating, improving, getting his sisters to regularly dust the ceiling fans) til Steve finds him a girl who isn't allowed to access the Internet and is thus unaware of the fact that Elizabeth Munck is in possession of pieces of his heart.

I am shipping an Anna and JD courtship. I know that the Duggars aren't fundie enough for Steve but what family is. There had to be a reason why Steve took only the girls to Jinger and Joseph's graduation. JD himself may be fixing up his own house any day now.

Seriously. :shock:

I think that's probably good preparation for someone who really wants a career as a pastor and proselytizer or to start up a cult *cough* er, church of his own, I guess.

Kinda makes me think (or confirms previous thoughts, I guess) that that is really the one career ol' Steve-O wants for the kids (at least the boys - girls will be helpmeets of course). All the rest is secondary.

Guest Anonymous
I am shipping an Anna and JD courtship. I know that the Duggars aren't fundie enough for Steve but what family is. There had to be a reason why Steve took only the girls to Jinger and Joseph's graduation. JD himself may be fixing up his own house any day now.

Anna is for Jon The Goober, I like to think. He has businesses interests that Steve could commandeer.

I wonder if Joe is back on the market yet?

Archived