IGNORED

Maxwells are home!

OkToBeTakei

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel so sorry for Joseph, spending all that time fixing up that house for... what?

For whichever future Mrs. Joseph Maxwell the Lord directs him to of course.

I feel so sorry for Joseph, spending all that time fixing up that house for... what?

Well, you have to remember that Christopher spent a fair amount of time fixing up his house, too, and maybe started it while betrothed to his failed courtship (Sara). So I think that's just the gig with the Maxwell boys -- they work at renovating a house for whomever it is that will marry them eventually. Because it's their rule to have a house at the ready for a bride should she come along.

Well, you have to remember that Christopher spent a fair amount of time fixing up his house, too, and maybe started it while betrothed to his failed courtship (Sara). So I think that's just the gig with the Maxwell boys -- they work at renovating a house for whomever it is that will marry them eventually. Because it's their rule to have a house at the ready for a bride should she come along.

Does this mean John has to wait in the wings and help with Joseph's renovations til Joseph finds someone who will accept his incomplete heart and become his helpmeet? Or does John get to buy the next house that comes up for sale on the block and start courting even if Joseph is still single?

Does this mean John has to wait in the wings and help with Joseph's renovations til Joseph finds someone who will accept his incomplete heart and become his helpmeet? Or does John get to buy the next house that comes up for sale on the block and start courting even if Joseph is still single?

Steve, since you read here, can you chime in and give us an answer on this one? :)

Guest Anonymous

John drives and fixes the bus. He's going nowhere. :naughty:

Chris bought the old homestead when they build their new house. I don't think he had a prospective bride in mind at the time. I also don't think he did much more than cosmetic work just before he married NR Anna.

GAG! I just read it. Meanwhile I have my college edumication and I'm the one with a soon to be spouse, a home, and will have children while poor Sarah sits at home washing daddy's laundry and praying ten times a day for a husband that will never appear.

STEVE IS OFFICIALLY THE LORD

Another reason why I am not attending college is because of the huge financial cost of college. It seems that it would be a waste of the Lord’s finances for me to go to college when I have no need for a college degree. I certainly wouldn’t want to go into debt for a degree. I have seen one of my sisters and four of my brothers excel in their adult professional lives without a college degree and without debt. I wish to follow in their foot steps.

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/01/08/am-i-going-to-college/

In what has Poor Sarah excelled?

How do we define excelling in Chris's career? He may have excelled in number of photography clients or amount of revenue, but his work certainly does not excel mediocrity.

I dont know what Nate does for a living, John may be said to have excelled at keeping Uriah in operation, I suppose.

Who is the 4th brother-- Jilted Joseph? What is his area of excellence?

I'm not snarking with any of the above, I'm truly baffled!

In what has Poor Sarah excelled?

How do we define excelling in Chris's career? He may have excelled in number of photography clients or amount of revenue, but his work certainly does not excel mediocrity.

I dont know what Nate does for a living, John may be said to have excelled at keeping Uriah in operation, I suppose.

Who is the 4th brother-- Jilted Joseph? What is his area of excellence?

I'm not snarking with any of the above, I'm truly baffled!

Agreed. I guess I would agree that they have excelled in the "without debt" part, but geez, Nathan and Christopher are the only kids not still living at home!

And here's a question I have about taxes. If Stevie's ministry is a non-profit organization, it's conceivable that the homes they buy (including the homes of their children) are in the name of the non-profit, right? And so wouldn't they be tax-exempt? I'm not clear on tax obligations for non-profits but I think they are either tax-exempt or certainly taxed lower than for-profit companies. That's one way of staying debt-free.

Nathan, I believe, is also a computer consultant. Not sure if Christopher's photography business is a full-time gig. He also lists product, real estate and other commercial photography and he doesn't seem to hold those clients to the same standards he applies to weddings, although I'm sure he'd nix a gig with Hooters or the local sex shop. Joseph and John have the construction company (although if their website is anything to go by their only clients so far are other Maxwells) and I'm guessing Jesse has now joined that fold. Whether any of them actually "excel" in their chosen fields by normal standards is and I'm sure will be a mystery.

Also, I seem to remember a post from Steve or Teri that addressed the necessity of scaling back on their conference tours at some future point as the children left to start their own families. Well, the male children at least. Can't have the females schlepping boxes and resuscitating Uriah and whatnot.

But Sparkles, normal standards do not apply! They are not of the world, only in it, baby. The criteria for excellence is clearly far less stringent when only Maxwell family co-religionists are your competition. The male members (chortle) each get their own area of expertise, and therefore become the yardstick by which all others are judged. Poor Stevie, however, is really letting the team down - his inability to "convict" anyone to marry his daughters, and some sons for that matter, and join the fold, means he's the one who just isn't letting them be great. What a pickle.

I just had an image in my mind of Steve reading the obits in a tri state area trying to find a fundy widower for Sarah. Ah the good times. :dance:

Steve would never let his daughters marry someone who wasn't a virgin. Even if he was a widower.

Agreed. I guess I would agree that they have excelled in the "without debt" part, but geez, Nathan and Christopher are the only kids not still living at home!

And here's a question I have about taxes. If Stevie's ministry is a non-profit organization, it's conceivable that the homes they buy (including the homes of their children) are in the name of the non-profit, right? And so wouldn't they be tax-exempt? I'm not clear on tax obligations for non-profits but I think they are either tax-exempt or certainly taxed lower than for-profit companies. That's one way of staying debt-free.

It is not a non profit. They posted once that it was to hard to file the paperwork to do so. At least Stevie's not dumb enough to try and pull the wool over the IRS.

I like to think Melanie writes Mills and Boon at night when the kids are in bed to supplement Nathan's income.

I like to think Melanie writes Mills and Boon at night when the kids are in bed to supplement Nathan's income.

Looked this up: Mills and Boon=Harlequin romance novels (for us USAdians). :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet she could. I bet lots of stuff is going on chez Nathan that Steverino has no clue about, now that this son is now a "relative" instead of a "family member."

Looked this up: Mills and Boon=Harlequin romance novels (for us USAdians). :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet she could. I bet lots of stuff is going on chez Nathan that Steverino has no clue about, now that this son is now a "relative" instead of a "family member."

I would guess Nathan and Melanie have a pretty good relationship given all their years together and having suffered some terrible losses/trying times. And Nathan got out of the house before Stevie got super crazy, so there is hope that things are quite as crazy at their house. Melanie cuts her hair, wears cute clothes (for a fundie), and I think she even has pierced ears. Sure, she chore-packs and blanket-times but that's part of being a Maxwell.

I hope that Melanie will be the person that teaches Sarah, Anna and Mary, plus any daughters-in-law the ins and outs of sex and marriage. I can't see Teri or Anna-Marie doing it.

I hope that Melanie will be the person that teaches Sarah, Anna and Mary, plus any daughters-in-law the ins and outs of sex and marriage. I can't see Teri or Anna-Marie doing it.

Same here! I also wonder how Melanie's family feels about the family she married into. Since from what I read on here they r not as Fundie as the Maxwell's (although many r not).

I bet Melanie's family feels a bit weirded out by the Maxwells (who isn't?). However, Melanie has never worn frumpers and the couple is not involved with the Maxwell ministry (except to tout their ITonRamp). Plus, Nathan left he house before the REAL crazy started. I think the family is a bit more sane than the Maxwell. Of course, that's not saying much. I think Melanie and Nathan are more traditional fundies, like the Muncks. I hope Melanie does a lot more with her side of the family than his.

Someone asked what Nathan does. He's a self-employed computer consultant. Go to www.we-communicate.com and click "IT support". I that section is Nathan's resume. He was labelled as a "network administrator" but he seem to do general IT support for small businesses. I kind of wonder if his exposure to the outside world keeps him from going crazy like his dad. The ITonRamp thing was the first time in a long while that I saw Nathan involved in his dad's ministry again. I figure Steve's ministry is another vehicle to advertise his new online business which is why Nathan is seen on the road again.

On a side note, I'm surprised Nathan manages to survive with his computing business. I know that he has not mortgage, and he looks to live *very* frugally (the family's lack of new furnishing and their use of Samaritan for insurance) but I sometimes wonder what his finances look like in this economic recession.

I look at the Maxwell's blog now and I just can't believe that I used to actually hold them up as an example of how I wanted my own family to be... I did the same with the Duggars, but at least they have (compared to the Maxwells) relatively normal family ways about them.

I owned MOTH and Keeping Our Children's Hearts ~ although even back then I remember thinking that KOCH was rather extreme.

(nowadays I think it's banana bits bonkers!)

I look at the Maxwell's blog now and I just can't believe that I used to actually hold them up as an example of how I wanted my own family to be... I did the same with the Duggars, but at least they have (compared to the Maxwells) relatively normal family ways about them.

I owned MOTH and Keeping Our Children's Hearts ~ although even back then I remember thinking that KOCH was rather extreme.

(nowadays I think it's banana bits bonkers!)

Oh wow! Kudos for coming to your senses! :P

http://wwwDOTtitus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/DSC_8191.jpg

this is an awesomely fun looking apron though! :mrgreen:

(i tried to just upload the image, as i'd saved it, but it said the file was too big?)

okay the link won't track back because it doesn't work with the DOT in it, but how do i make it so it's dead and can just be copy/pasted?

Just leave off the http and the link will be dead. And congrats on abandoning the Maxwell/Duggar love! :dance:

Archived