IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My partner was trying being gluten free for a while and I bought some quinoa pasta to make him mac and cheese. It was actually pretty good, very close in taste and texture to regular macaroni. I may continue buying it.

My partner was trying being gluten free for a while and I bought some quinoa pasta to make him mac and cheese. It was actually pretty good, very close in taste and texture to regular macaroni. I may continue buying it.

I've been buying some Italian made WW pasta I enjoy that it produces a nice finished product. I'm going to try some of the quinoa pasta this month.

Tasty! My brother had that. We need more pictures on this thread!

I am sick and can't hold down much food so I had small sausages and dough-balls with tomato soup (dipped in (the dough balls, that is).

A bit weird but I like all those things :)

//chinesefood.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/r/broccolichicken.htm

I used all dark soy sauce (instead of half dark, half lite) because that's all I had, and I only used 1/4c oil to cook the chicken, then another 1/4c to stir fry the veggies. I used two sautee pans, I don't own any woks. It came out delicious, seriously it tasted like it came from a restaurant. But the directions were way more confusing than they needed to be and all that oil is really not necessary.

ETA spelling fail -- I had typed "I came out delicious" instead of "IT came out delicious", and this was troubling me :lol:

Ooooo, I can't wait to hear if you liked it! We think it's pretty damn good, and that's from a girl who grew up eating pizza in North Jersey and NYC.

It was freaking awesome! I brought the leftovers to work today and everyone inhaled it. It will definitely be on the regular menu at Casa Sparkles. Thanks for the link!

I'm another NY pizza aficionado but since I started making my own, I've gotten very spoiled. Nothing like homemade.

It was freaking awesome! I brought the leftovers to work today and everyone inhaled it. It will definitely be on the regular menu at Casa Sparkles. Thanks for the link!

I'm another NY pizza aficionado but since I started making my own, I've gotten very spoiled. Nothing like homemade.

I'm so glad you liked it! I'd take thin crust over thick any day. I'll probably try that topping combo with my own thin crust at some point, but for a weeknight/busy weekend, that recipe is so easy.

Explain? Please!

Line a pan with tortilla chips, spread a layer of refried beans, a layer of corn and a layer of rice. Pour on some enchilada sauce (red) and repeat. Today I'm doing a bit of a change up and using some cocozelle squash slices on top of my first bean layer. Some folks put cheese on every layer, I only use it on the top. Other folks like to use sliced black olives. It's an easy dish and I'm using leftover beans and leftover rice.

Ravioli tonight, with some vegetable like substance. Maybe some of the zucchini I canned last summer, fried up with some mushroom and onion.

Line a pan with tortilla chips, spread a layer of refried beans, a layer of corn and a layer of rice. Pour on some enchilada sauce (red) and repeat. Today I'm doing a bit of a change up and using some cocozelle squash slices on top of my first bean layer. Some folks put cheese on every layer, I only use it on the top. Other folks like to use sliced black olives. It's an easy dish and I'm using leftover beans and leftover rice.

Must try this. :)

I am beginning to feel like the only person who does not own a crockpot. It's like a Cult.

I am beginning to feel like the only person who does not own a crockpot. It's like a Cult.

:lol: It makes busy days/nights so much easier!

I do not own a crock pot! The idea of having something turned on heating up while I'm not home scares me.

Must try this. :)

I doctor up canned enchilada sauce with a bit of dark chocolate, sugar and cinnamon to taste.

Yea, I would think this would work well in the crock pot :lol:

I'm so glad you liked it! I'd take thin crust over thick any day. I'll probably try that topping combo with my own thin crust at some point, but for a weeknight/busy weekend, that recipe is so easy.

I'm trying it tonight, but gluten-free!

Balsamic chicken. Newest recipe to make it in full rotation due to ease and ingredients.

Salt and pepper your chicken boobies (this recipe works for 3-6 boobs), brown with a sliced onion and some garlic in a little olive oil. Add a can of tomatos, 1/2 cup balsamic, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, basil and thyme. Simmer till done (about 15-20 min).

Tonight I made Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Noodle Bake. It's okay. I made extra sauce and cheese mixture to see if that'll help it reheat better the next day.

Now if anyone wants to plan my meals for the next week, that'd be great. :)

Sliced one onion and 1 red bell pepper into strips. Quartered about 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced 3 garlic cloves. Sauteed onion and pepper in olive oil until onions were transluscent and slightly carmelized. Added garlic, mushrooms, a little red pepper flake and oregano. When mushrooms cooked added 1/2 teaspoon Wostershire sauce. Boiled spagetti unti almost done, transfered to veggie pan with 1/2 cup pasta water. Tossed above heat till pasta and veggies were incorporated in "sauce". Served with grated cheese and grated carrot and mint salad. Whole business was less than 30 minutes.

Edit to add oregano

Tonight I made Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Noodle Bake. It's okay. I made extra sauce and cheese mixture to see if that'll help it reheat better the next day.

Now if anyone wants to plan my meals for the next week, that'd be great. :)

If you want to eat what the Burpses (lol) are eating, I'll totally plan your meals for you ;) I may even have two years of past menu plans in my little pink notebook!

ETA: I haven't participated in this all week! Monday was matzo ball soup, Tuesday was chicken makhani, Wednesday was spaghetti and meatballs, and today is tacos (to use the rest of the beef from meatballs). :dance:

Archived