IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure what I'll make tonight. Aaron said he would like my tomatillo and chicken soup with cheese quesadillas on the side. Here in a little bit I'll go to the store and pick up the stuff I need for that and see what else I might find. Sometimes I'll come across something on sale that sparks my interest and I would do that instead.

We made this crazy dish that was the first thing my warrior-poet cooked for me on our first date back in 2005. It's basically a paella with a curry bechamel sauce, with mushrooms and Swiss cheese. It sounds like something someone would make if they had never heard of curry and had no idea what to do with it, but seriously, it's so good. And it brings back so many good memories.

The headship is work friends with a Polish man who makes homemade sausage (think Kielbasa type sausage) every year at this time. He came home with quite a bit of it so tonight will be boiled dinner: sausage, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.

I ended up making the chicken tomatillo soup with cheese quesadillas. It was very tasty. Aaron loved it too.

Sounds yummy!

The headship is work friends with a Polish man who makes homemade sausage (think Kielbasa type sausage) every year at this time. He came home with quite a bit of it so tonight will be boiled dinner: sausage, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.

Homemade kielbasa? I'm so jealous.

I made enchiladas with salsa verde! It was really good (first time ever that I made enchilladas). The filling is a mix of potatoes/chickpeas, brocoli stems I had left over, and onions. I made the salsa verde with tomatillos I got at the farmer's market (first time ever making that! and buying tomatillos actually!). The only thing is I only could make 6, my pan was too small to hold anymore, and I nearly run out of the salsa verde, so I don't know maybe I'll just use some pasta sauce I have left over to make the rest!

We're trying to use up leftovers so tonight I'm making taco spaghetti (have taco meat but out of shells/tortillas).

Fall was hog slaughter time, fresh meat and hours of kielbasa making at our kitchen table. Count your blessings.

Trust me, I am. ;)

We went to Schmidt's - Husband and daughter had the "Autobahn" which is a buffet of sausage, stew, mac and cheese, saurekraut, etc - son and I had our picky eater food. Brought home cream puffs and german chocolate cake for dessert. :mrgreen:

http://www.schmidthaus.com/menu.htm

I had disgusting fish on sticks (don't know the word for this - it was like a fish kebab?). I didn't make it, it was on a night out.

Made black bean soup with just black beans, salsa and veggie broth. Could have used more spice or something! Or more complex flavours maybe? Oh we'll, I tried a new recipe, which is always good!

Probably should go figure out an actual meal, but at least I got a half gallon jar of sauerkraut started, and a few jars of pepper jelly canned.

I have made turkey sausage as per the link keeperrox provided. All that is left is for me to cook them this afternoon, and make a broccoli side. And yogurt sauce, I almost forgot the yogurt sauce. :D

Still have to go grocery shopping today and get groceries for the week (plus dinner for tonight), but last night I had a shrimp po'boy sandwich and curly fries :D

Archived