IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rock fish with tomatoes, olives and capers over ww orzo.

What does rockfish taste like? I've had salmon, grouper, catfish, cod, flounder, swordfish, maui maui, if that helps with how you describe it!

What does rockfish taste like? I've had salmon, grouper, catfish, cod, flounder, swordfish, maui maui, if that helps with how you describe it!

It is firm with the texture of cod or red snapper. Mine is local to Boregonia.

I am trying so hard to keep the jealousy beast at bay........................

Thank you for the recipe link!!!

I made the sausage patties yesterday, so it made dinner super simple tonight after work, too!

It is firm with the texture of cod or red snapper. Mine is local to Boregonia.

I've only had rockfish friend, and i doubt I could tell the difference between cod and rockfish if prepared the same. Rockfish cost more though.

I am making ghost pepper sauce for boneless "wings" because we eat like children on a regular basis.

I am making ghost pepper sauce for boneless "wings" because we eat like children on a regular basis.

That would be an interesting child if they liked ghost peppers.

I had mussels. I was treating myself after a bad day and went to a restaurant for mussels in garlic and white wine sauce. Sides were bread (wholemeal) and spicy chips.

It was a tenner, which blew my weekly budget. But was well worth it. Those things were GOOD.

That would be an interesting child if they liked ghost peppers.

Well, teens then. Although I would have been crazy about them as a kid, based on the name. Even though I only recently have grown to appreciate spiciness.

TONIGHT I think I'll make some sort of chicken with a vegetable.

Will be eating very late tonight (ducking out to get my roots dyed immediately after work), so I'm having Idiot Default Salad: mixed greens and chickpeas with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and some Salad Sprinkle or Jane's Crazy Salt. If I'm lucky, there'll be a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in the fridge. If I'm still hungry after that, a packet of roasted almonds.

I had mussels. I was treating myself after a bad day and went to a restaurant for mussels in garlic and white wine sauce. Sides were bread (wholemeal) and spicy chips.

It was a tenner, which blew my weekly budget. But was well worth it. Those things were GOOD.

Mmmm! My whole family loves mussels, including my 6 and 8 year olds which I'm sure is unusual. Best ones I had were in a fantastic pub in Cornwall, where they also did small portions for kids!

Tonight: Taco Tuesday! I sneak shredded zucchini in the beef and use tomato sauce instead of water. Also use homemade seasoning. After the beef is done, I mix in black beans for more fiber and antioxidants. It also extends the beef so we'll have leftovers for lunches for a couple of days.

Today, I've also done a pot of black beans in the slow cooker. I just put a chicken in the slow cooker so I can have the meat for tomorrow. After dinner, I'll make stock with the bones and freeze that. (I usually get about 3 quarts of stock from one chicken if I do it in the slow cooker- I use that in soups). I also made a batch of granola for our breakfast cereal.

After the school run, I'm making a batch of banana muffins and a batch of zucchini muffins. I'll freeze most of those. And tomorrow I'll do some cookies and apricot scones. I usually do two days a week where I'm in the kitchen all day. I don't particularly enjoy cooking but it's cheaper to make things from scratch. And I refuse to spend $4.50 on a bag of cookies that I can make at home for $1.25 per batch.

Tom Yam soup. Recipe is on page 11 of "The Great FJ Recipe Thread". Sauteed some green beans in garlic, ginger, and chile since I was already mincing them for the soup. Added 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar, soy sauce, and sesame seeds at the end. I think I am set for lunches and dinners for at least 2 days. Yay!

Shredded Chicken Wraps made with the beer can chicken we did on the grill this weekend. Hubby's is mixed with bbq sauce and mine is mixed with Buffalo sauce. It's quick and easy, which is very welcomed after the 12 hour day I had today!

Well, tonight was black bean soup with sour cream and a side of garlic toast. Tomorrow will be pork roast, mashed potatoes and vegetable ytba.

Tonight I am doing Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas, using the chicken I made on Tuesday. I'll probably throw some broccoli, salad and fruit at us, too.

Archived