IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always called those kolaches. But we also have a sweet version with cream cheese or fruit that goes by the same name.

Thanks! This is cool to know!

Sausage rolls look like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bigsausagerolls_86258

I had a larger version, it was about the length of my hand and wrist. But the principle was the same. Is this like kolaches?

So what sort of groveling is involved to ask for the potato and spinach gnocchi recipe? :pray:

Posted in the recipe thread!

Thanks! This is cool to know!

Sausage rolls look like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bigsausagerolls_86258

I had a larger version, it was about the length of my hand and wrist. But the principle was the same. Is this like kolaches?

They look pretty close to me!

This is a sausage kolache:

kolache-cm1-300x194.jpg

And fruit and cream cheese:

Kolache-Rolfs_grid_6.jpg

The Partner is having a mini-conference at work this week, so I'm fending for myself. Pizza: corn, roasted onion, smoked mozzarella. I'll have some mustard greens with it.

Now I want to go to Greggs JFC :lol:

:lol: I always get the steak bake. Though one day I found a huge bone in it...

I think it's a Czech-Texan thing.

Interesting! A Kolach is what Ukrainians call the circular, braided egg bread that is baked at Christmas. I'm sure there must be some etymological connection between the Texan Kolach and the one I know.

Interesting! A Kolach is what Ukrainians call the circular, braided egg bread that is baked at Christmas. I'm sure there must be some etymological connection between the Texan Kolach and the one I know.

I don't remember their Polish name, and love the version Cubans make. Worthy pastries all of them.

I had a fried egg and dill pickle sandwich on seeded bread. (with mayo and mustard)

The only thing that would have made it more comfort food was if it was white or sourdough bread.

More Thai. My next order's free!

This is like the 3rd free order I'll have gotten from that place. Possibly I eat too much Thai food.

Probably so. :)

I had a fried egg and dill pickle sandwich on seeded bread. (with mayo and mustard)

The only thing that would have made it more comfort food was if it was white or sourdough bread.

I prefer mine on seeded or white with ketchup and mayo. I haven't had an egg in months.

So I have crazy-bad cramps, a headache and a mean craving for some easy (slightly unhealthy) comfort food for dinner. Suggestions?

Guest Anonymous
So I have crazy-bad cramps, a headache and a mean craving for some easy (slightly unhealthy) comfort food for dinner. Suggestions?

Macaroni and cheese? Or a baked potato with broccoli and cheese?

Comfort food for me is obviously starch + cheese. :P Or pot pie, but that's more work.

**ETA: Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup is nice, too. Especially if it's cold outside.

Macaroni and cheese? Or a baked potato with broccoli and cheese?

Comfort food for me is obviously starch + cheese. :P Or pot pie, but that's more work.

**ETA: Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup is nice, too. Especially if it's cold outside.

Cheese and starch is also my go-go comfort combo. The baked potato with broccoli and cheese sounds so yummy and easy. And something I wouldn't have even though of. Thanks!

Archived