IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

I had a peanut stew in the crock pot for two hours before the power went out. It's one of my favorite autumn dinners and I was sooo looking forward to enjoying it while I listened to the debates. Alas I will enjoy it this evening.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, now I'm dying of curiosity, what is Mince'nTatties?

Plain old Mince (ground beef) and potatoes. Much more the national dish in Scotland than Haggis :lol:

Plain old Mince (ground beef) and potatoes. Much more the national dish in Scotland than Haggis :lol:

I love it, but I have to put onions and cabbage in mine, more like a bubble and squeak.

I love it, but I have to put onions and cabbage in mine, more like a bubble and squeak.

Onion and carrot in this house. I have a friend who has a Mince piece (piece being a word for sandwich.) Now that really is strange :lol:

Onion and carrot in this house. I have a friend who has a Mince piece (piece being a word for sandwich.) Now that really is strange :lol:

Before the wider availability of proper Indian food my mum used to mix mince with curry powder and raisins and serve it, rather oddly, with little triangles of toasted bread. This is what I though a curry was before I left home! :lol:

Before the wider availability of proper Indian food my mum used to mix mince with curry powder and raisins and serve it, rather oddly, with little triangles of toasted bread. This is what I though a curry was before I left home! :lol:

:lol: Reminds me of when my Mum 'discovered' Spag Bol. She added a tin of tomatoes to the mince, but still served it with mash potato HA!

:lol: Reminds me of when my Mum 'discovered' Spag Bol. She added a tin of tomatoes to the mince, but still served it with mash potato HA!

Thanks! Now I have to try it. :P

My cooking tends to still reflect my fundie-ish upbringing...but tonight is one of my faves:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/awesome-ho ... ork-chops/

(with some mixed veggies and some leftover pumpkin bread)

^'my' edits to the recipe are...add some salt, pepper, and brown sugar to the flour that I bread it in; thicken the sauce w/ some flour/a roux/whatever, and add some broth and soy sauce to cut the sweetness. It's the recipe I break out to impress guests in a pinch :oops:.

(and I don't think I bought boneless porchops, just a pork loin, on sale, that I'll slice into medallions and beat)

It's easy, fast,

I am making a fundie type recipe tonight. Forgotten Chicken from Pinterest w/ asparagus and rolls. It's soccer night again. I needed something easy and quick.

Oven-roasted shrimp (salt, pepper, garlic, in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees) on top of mixed greens and diced tomatoes. Simple and delicious.

Rice paper rolls again. Perfect meal when it heats up.

Also, I think I've kicked the Chobani flavoured yoghurt habit. Last night I cut up a pineapple and diced some of it into tiny pieces then mixed with plain Greek yoghurt. Result! There will be more of it tonight for dessert, this time with toasted sunflower seeds. So nice.

Pasta bake.

Fresh courgette, peppers, chili, leek, and onion on the bottom layer, then the cooked pasta twists, then chicken breast and bacon, then proper cheese sauce, then breadcrumbs.

Not a can of soup in sight.

Pasta bake.

Fresh courgette, peppers, chili, leek, and onion on the bottom layer, then the cooked pasta twists, then chicken breast and bacon, then proper cheese sauce, then breadcrumbs.

Sounds yummy.

I'm going to make Chilli Chicken curry and attempt to make homemade naan.

Pasta bake.

This sounds delicious!!! (And I'm a cheese sauce snob as well. I refuse to cook with condensed soup when it contains ingredients I cant pronounce and it takes only five minutes to make a proper cheese sauce.)

This sounds delicious!!! (And I'm a cheese sauce snob as well. I refuse to cook with condensed soup when it contains ingredients I cant pronounce and it takes only five minutes to make a proper cheese sauce.)

Gosh I love a good cheese sauce. My mum made the most amazing macaroni cheese when I was very small. It had celery and carrot, a homemade cheese sauce and a fantastic cheese/breadcrumb topping. The cheese sauce was the stand out though. I'd grab the pan after she'd poured the sauce into the baking dish and go gangbusters on the dregs. Memories.

And now I want macaroni cheese for dinner tonight.

I've just had a chicken kiev, a baked potato with butter and some boiled cabbage and carrots mixed together (we have hardly any veg left in the house for some reason - apart from the cabbage and carrots, which urgently needed using up, we only had green peppers, lettuce and cucumber, plus frozen peas. We had peas yesterday though, so didn't want them again so soon. I just had a strawberry mousse for pudding.

Sounds yummy.

I'm going to make Chilli Chicken curry and attempt to make homemade naan.

My delightful headship said that his sinuses will be clear for days, and that any blockages in the regional sewer system will be taken care of by 8am tomorrow.

What a lightweight, it was mild :P

Archived