IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

Pizza again. It's my go-to whenever I don't feel like cooking (and I'm making pear butter tonight so I don't want to have to watch two things). I'll just throw on whatever looks good in the fridge. Garbage pizza. No brainer.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rice paper rolls again. Perfect meal when it heats up.

Also, I think I've kicked the Chobani flavoured yoghurt habit. Last night I cut up a pineapple and diced some of it into tiny pieces then mixed with plain Greek yoghurt. Result! There will be more of it tonight for dessert, this time with toasted sunflower seeds. So nice.

Also try plain yogurt with a little jam mixed in. mmmm

Then learn how to make your own- you can do it simply with milk, a small container of yogurt, a stove, a candy thermometer, canning jars and a place to keep them warm.

Beef stew with extra onions. Recipe from Tracy's (Autumn's mom) recipe site, Mama's Fixins. Last night was her recipe for pizza crust with fresh tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella, roasted red onions, turkey pepperoni and shaved parmesean cheese, which I can't spell well enough for SpellCheck to catch. Whatever, it was yummy.

*My* recipe pasta puttanesca, cauliflower, and green beans.

Also, a side dish of pride. Apparently we had potatoes and sweet potatoes in our I-thought-fallow garden this year!

I just watched Honey Boo Boo. :shock: Butter and ketchup melted in the microwave over pasta. Tempting...

Pasta alla Norma (roasted eggplant, crushed tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, and ricotta salata over angel hair) with Rosemary Olive Oil bread.

Guest Anonymous
Pasta alla Norma (roasted eggplant, crushed tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, and ricotta salata over angel hair) with Rosemary Olive Oil bread.

I would like to eat at your house, please. I am a fiend about eggplant. I love the stuff.

**ETA: We're having Italian beef and vegetable soup. I made a huge pot of it yesterday.

I am on my ownio tonight :(

So I had Porridge. To make it super unhealthy I added golden syrup. I may now have Haribo :D

I would like to eat at your house, please. I am a fiend about eggplant. I love the stuff.

**ETA: We're having Italian beef and vegetable soup. I made a huge pot of it yesterday.

Dinner's usually around 6:30-7:00. Several of my friends have an open invitation. You're more than welcome, too! :lol:

Chicken and broccoli stir fry

Tasty! My brother had that. We need more pictures on this thread!

I am sick and can't hold down much food so I had small sausages and dough-balls with tomato soup (dipped in (the dough balls, that is).

A bit weird but I like all those things :)

I checked out the link Keeperrox posted for the Grandma Pizza and rearranged my dinner plans. No pizza yesterday so it's Grandma tonight. Damn, that looks good.

I checked out the link Keeperrox posted for the Grandma Pizza and rearranged my dinner plans. No pizza yesterday so it's Grandma tonight. Damn, that looks good.

Ooooo, I can't wait to hear if you liked it! We think it's pretty damn good, and that's from a girl who grew up eating pizza in North Jersey and NYC.

Spaghetti and homemade meat sauce, I think.

Same thing here! Any chance you use wheat pasta? I've been trying it lately and it keeps coming out all gummy. :(

Same thing here! Any chance you use wheat pasta? I've been trying it lately and it keeps coming out all gummy. :(

We use wheat pasta and I splash a bit of Canola oil in with the water while it's boiling... never had a gummy problem. (that said, our pasta is homemade and home dried... so it could just be the type of pasta you buy/make)

We had pizza from a local pizza joint. I haven't felt up to cooking (sickness number 4 hitting the house right now) so I decided I wanted a garlic breadstick to die for... and thus we went up to a local joint.

We use wheat pasta and I splash a bit of Canola oil in with the water while it's boiling... never had a gummy problem. (that said, our pasta is homemade and home dried... so it could just be the type of pasta you buy/make)

We had pizza from a local pizza joint. I haven't felt up to cooking (sickness number 4 hitting the house right now) so I decided I wanted a garlic breadstick to die for... and thus we went up to a local joint.

Maybe so. The only grocery store in town is somewhat questionable with their product quality. Fruits and veggies are within a day (or a few hours) of being too far gone to use 99% of the time. I'm using the pasta they have in stock, but I'm sure it's not high quality at all.

Nope, just regular old pasta. But apparently it was spaghetti night everywhere, because I had a TON of FB friends say they were having the same tonight.

Archived