IGNORED

The Jepsons

GeoBQn

OH..I look on here as a hobby. I find it more therapeutic than having a blog spouting crap, telling folks how to live their lives. But hey..to each their own.

I am extremely happy though to be part of a forum that proves the existence of JESUS! Go us. We succeeded without really trying. :D

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bothers me most about the Jesus cure for addiction is that it doesn't address core issues. I would suggest that's why her eldest has been having a hard time of life. None of the addictive, secretive, dishonest behaviors of growing up with a mother who used A&D were ever addressed. When she got sober 10 years ago Jesus poofed all those problems away. She claims she was a high bottom drunk, but we have only her word for it. She could have been a sloppy beer swigger who slapped the boys around when she was drunk.

I personally feel that "The Jesus Cure" is a cop out. You're simply replacing your current addiction with Jesus. It's still the same extremes, disordered thinking, etc... But you've never addressed the reasons why you developed addictions, just swept it under a rug.

It also seems like fundies compete for who was "the most fucked up" before Jesus cured them.

Working with textured hair like this hurts like HELL. The way she describes this child's pain after 3 hours of attacking her head is just revolting. Of course the kid is going whine, she's been pulling on her hair for three hours! My hair used to take this long when I was a kid because my mom would never let us go natural (big mistake in my opinion). I would bawl every time I even saw a comb. My mom (and sometimes dad), though annoyed, tried to be as careful and comforting as she could. And now she has taken the shortcut, perming, which is never a good thing for most black people. Perms usually make our hair fall out. That's why my mother never permed mine and my sisters. I worry for these girls.

I just started reading this thread and can't believe she is PERMING THE SOFT, DELICATE HAIR ON THOSE BABIES' HEADS! Does she not care about burns, scarring and open sores?! :( I just...I can't. I've always had super thick, very tightly curly hair and my parents would often have to cancel plans so my mom could get my hair done on a Sunday night for school the next day, but never did she relax my hair and expect that to fix all the problems!

Hey Jodi, question for ya - How hard would it be to visit/call an African American salon and ask for tips & tricks on how to do black hair? Visit a few websites for shit sakes. Those babies' hair is special and requires special care and handling. It's not rocket science, and you won't end up torturing them with a hairbrush for 3 hours.

I was just checking in to see if Jodi had an update... sigh...

:greetings-wavingyellow: Since you now read here, perhaps you can stop by and answer a few questions for us. :greetings-wavingyellow:

I understand that she wants to bond with them but the children and the mom dont look comfortable. And, she could have hurt herself or her children doing that. Why not bond with one for an hour then bond with the other for an hour. Let the other one explore the world for a while. Or, lead the other one around by the hand and try to get them to help you with your work. If you are cleaning, give them a clean rag and let them rub an are of the table. They were old enough to do that.

This is from the Bates courtship thread. I figured I'd move it here since it's more relevant.

I didn't do AP, but whatever works for you and your kid is fine with me. I do have a question though. What exactly is the child who is on her back getting from this? I thought the whole thing was supposed to be about doing everything together as a unit. But the kid in the back has a limited view of the world around her (ie, she can only see her mother's bach and however far she can turn her head to the left or right.) She can't properly eat (and how would you know if she's silently choking back there?), she can't see your facial expressions as you talk to her, she can't see the way your mouth moves when you're forming words. She's just strapped back there holding on for dear life. I applaud her for "wearing" them in order to bond, but like others have said, wouldn't the child be better served walking around exploring her new home and then trade? Full disclosure, I am pretty clueless about AP and "baby wearing" so maybe this is typical and I'm just ignorant.

P.S. For what it's worth, the kid who is shown to be upfront looks uncomfortable as hell.

It makes me sad too, and with the quoted line above I think she was (possibly?) going for something like:

"I am usually a stick-to-my-bible-only kind of a bible study girl woman."

Maybe? I dunno, the lack of a coherent thought makes it a little hard to follow...

It is my day off from my 'real' job, bit I AM neglecting the laundry that needs to be folded and put away. My headship dare not argue because he was a slacker last night and didn't do the dishes, so I am good to go.

I have not seen the photos of her carrying a child on her back. Was this an older child?

I do it. Not a constant all day thing, but with babies through toddlers sometimes it is just the ticket. Depending on how I adjust things, baby can actually have a pretty decent all around view, and enjoy a new perspective, lol. Sometimes though it's just that baby is tired and overstimulated and can't settle and cuddling, feeding, playing, etc. aren't what she wants. With back-carrying, and me moving around getting stuff done, the baby has enough of me (warmth and smell), is snug and cozy, and can settle down and sleep a little where she otherwise would have just cried and flailed a lot.

No idea if that's what this blogger did, but back carrying can be a very nice, comfortable, and comforting practice.

I have not seen the photos of her carrying a child on her back. Was this an older child?

I do it. Not a constant all day thing, but with babies through toddlers sometimes it is just the ticket. Depending on how I adjust things, baby can actually have a pretty decent all around view, and enjoy a new perspective, lol. Sometimes though it's just that baby is tired and overstimulated and can't settle and cuddling, feeding, playing, etc. aren't what she wants. With back-carrying, and me moving around getting stuff done, the baby has enough of me (warmth and smell), is snug and cozy, and can settle down and sleep a little where she otherwise would have just cried and flailed a lot.

No idea if that's what this blogger did, but back carrying can be a very nice, comfortable, and comforting practice.

Here ya go!

packs.jpg

Ah. Thanks!

I would totally "wear" toddlers that age but that setup looks super awkward. I admire her for trying though. That's a lot of weight to carry all at once. Especially with back carry you really have to be sure that the back of the carrier is well up on the baby's back--looks like she could have used some help with that.

Jodi on your blog you mentioned that both of your daughters have RAD and SPD. You've also mentioned building a 'therapy' room for them. What kind of professional help are you receiving to address these issues?

Its a hobby... we all need hobby's right! :mrgreen:

Clearly you're a lurker Jodi, its funny how you LOVE to admonish us, Kelly Bates and various others around the Internet, to make yourself feel good about your choices and beliefs. I would love to know why its OK for you to blog, yet in your list of things women SHOULDN'T do is blogging, care to elaborate?

Maybe you should be concerned with your own hypocrisy and taking your own advice. Better yet, put your children into school or at least take some classes at a community college and educate yourself on the proper use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure. Before you pass these bad habits onto your children, giving them a sub-par education!

Here are some examples from your blog, which would make my favourite English teacher; Mr Maguire, roll in his grave:

You mean "course". Coarse means rough texture.

you're*

:? yak*

HUH? Not even sure what you are trying to convey here.

:shock: No. Just No. Redundant and bad grammar.

The way in which...she write her blog...makes me really.... sad. :doh:

We have had to reform alot in our family over the

*a lot (It's two words. It's always two words.)

Here ya go!

packs.jpg

Trying too hard. Because she read somewhere this was a good idea. THIS THIS is what I detest about these people. IF you do not know how to take care of children and their needs, but rely on a book, a trend, rather than do it by getting to know your child, yourself, a daily learning experience. Getting it wrong some days. Getting it right others.

Raising another human being is not a photo opportunity for a blog or an advertisement for the latest fad. Makes me feel sick.

I have asked and signed up to join your forum, and am waiting approval. I will be happy to answer your questions:) Unless they are something silly like this...........

Someone asked this..........

Jodi on your blog you mentioned that both of your daughters have RAD and SPD. You've also mentioned building a 'therapy' room for them. What kind of professional help are you receiving to address these issues?

I am not sure why you feel you must take it upon yourself to know who are counselors are, when we meet, what type of sensory issues the girls may or may not still have. Where some are at with RAD or if it still exists?? I can tell you after professional help any of the children being diagnosed with RAD was ruled out. What they have overcome or still struggle with is not something I am willing to share, with someone only looking for information to snark. I am sure our son would be shocked if he knew I was going to give a perfect stranger his private information like that, and I can tell you his counselors would sternly warn me against it.

That is just the way our family chooses to handle our adoptions. Sharing a little is fine but we are careful not to cross that line. It is their personal story and they will choose how much they want to share. If you know adoption you know many times the children do overcome and much can be left behind them. They are normal children with a few issues just like all of the rest of us.

I do feel comfortable to say we have outgrown, chewy toys, mouth stimulation, brushing, joint compression, weighted blankets, fidget toys, and spinning and spinning. They do big girl things now, all glory to God. You see there are real things you can do that make a huge difference. There is a ton of help available and most early education professionals are well aware of these sorts of things. Such as.....early childhood program.

I will tell you that the state we live in it is not get the kids home and the social worker is finished, there are follow up visits, and if you are in the adoption process for 4 years, you get to know her quite well.

Thanks for your concern though, I am sure it was genuine....right?

Jodi, I'm probably going out for some rock and roll tonight with pals. I'll leave FJ to pick apart your answer.

Thanks for the precursor though, apparently like other fundies who have visited you prefer to bloviate and deflect without actually answering the question asked.

Jodi, I'm probably going out for some rock and roll tonight with pals. I'll leave FJ to pick apart your answer.

Thanks for the precursor though, apparently like other fundies who have visited you prefer to bloviate and deflect without actually answering the question asked.

I will bite.

Why discuss this and your adopted children on a public blog? WHY? Do your thing. Do your good thing. WHY put it out there?

If you do that and it is not private you want something. You allow me to denigrate you. Why would you do that?

THIS I will never understand. It seems to be about you in that case. :(

Friendly advice.

They are far better read than you will ever be. They are far more socially aware than you or I will ever be. The 'Hive' is not a collective. It is an amazingly diverse collection of just about every experience of life. You may be offended by some, you may also learn from some. How you choose to deal with that is up to you. Nobody likes criticism ..ever. I think that is the problem with anybody who comes to 'defend' themselves.

If you are coming to 'defend' you will feel you have already been judged? Yes?

Why bother. That is not going to change. But maybe open your mind. It does seem unfair to you I reckon. BUT...you put it out there. The moment you did that you were answerable on the Internet. Up to you how you run with that.

Own your opinion. Why should teh Interwebs be not like real life? Or does that make you more comfortable?

That kitchen makes my eyeballs itch.

It looks like someone puked up a gallon of Pepto Bismol. Must have had some extra paint after doing the girls' room (just a logical conclusion, no proof that their room is, in fact, Pepto Pink).

[Jodi, please note apostrophe usage]

Looks to me like she and the kiddies both would be more comfortable if she ditched the sling carrier and started using something like a Moby wrap or an Ergo baby carrier either would be better on her back and more secure for the kids.

Just catching up on this thread. Are these children being subjected to a homeschool education? I have no problem with someone making frequent grammar/spelling errors (there's many cases where it just can't be helped), but this woman has no business homeschooling these children. It simply isn't fair.

It is very frustrating to me to see fundie mom types who are insistent on homeschooling and damn the consequences.

Archived