IGNORED

The Jepsons

GeoBQn

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I told the girls I am sorry I am not your birth Mom and you are angry at me for this. However, I am the Mom God has given you and it hurts me deeply how you are treating me. I asked them....this... where is your birth Mom?????? Silence.... Is she here??? More silence...

Thinking time, desperate prayer in my heart.

Tears, all of us.

I am here, I am what you have. I am the only Mommy you have.

Silence, more thinking time...many more tears.

Surprisingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love you Mommy, we want you to be our Mommy, were sorry. Please forgive us.

Tears

Forgiveness.

Prayers.

Hugs, snuggling, caressing, pats..tears.

Eye gazing

Smiles

Tickles

Giggles

JOY

Julia the day I picked her up in Haiti. She was 17 months old. This is her Mom Thereese. Her sister who was 14 at the time. When I asked Julia's Mom what she wanted me to tell Julia (through a translator) she said over and over again please please make sure she knows about me and how much I love her. Sophia story is alot harder than this so she can really use your prayers!

Seriously, lady. Go fuck yourself.

theshelteredplace.blogspot.com/2011/09/happy-7th-birthday-julia.html

Seriously, when the husband is at work, I have nothing better to do. But this bothers me. For the poor girls birthday, please get her some dolls that look like her. Please let them explore their heritage and not some white bread version that you've decided to give them. Kids like to play with dolls/action figures that look like themselves especially when they look around and see a bunch of white folks all the time. Now this is one snapshot of what she received for her birthday, but would it have killed you to throw in some dolls that reflected their own culture and heritage? Oh, no! Dolls must be of the blonde hair, blue eyed nuclear family persuasion.

And for the love of god, please learn the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE. If this woman is homeschooling her children, it would be a shame.

I'm guessing it really doesn't matter to her if the kids never learn the difference between you're and your. With all of her posts on drilling the girls on the qualities and skills needed to be good, quiet, and submissive wives, I'm assuming they'll never need to read and write correctly. Only enough to read and write recipes.

Me: this is so hard, adoption is hard....your birth Mommy's loved you so much, (and really they did).

BUT I can not imagine how you must miss them. They were lovely women, you look so much like them. We talk about heaven and when they will see them again and all that they might like to say to them.

So their birth mother died AFTER they were adopted? What happened to their 14 (at the time) year old sister?

I'm guessing it really doesn't matter to her if the kids never learn the difference between you're and your. With all of her posts on drilling the girls on the qualities and skills needed to be good, quiet, and submissive wives, I'm assuming they'll never need to read and write correctly. Only enough to read and write recipes.

I worry that they won't be accepted and will never find 'suitable' husbands due to the lack of diversity in the fundies circles. Hopefully they cut ties at 18 and won't have to deal with all that bullshit.

That's what I don't get about these fundie moms who are obsessed with raising homemakers. She thinks it's more important to teach them to be homemakers than to teach them to be christians, but all they'll really learn is some bible verses about submission. I'm assuming that her daughters will be expected to homeschool their own children, but if this is what they're starting with, what will their kids' educations be like? I remember one of the other fundie maidens didn't know you weren't supposed to put dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher and ended up flooding the kitchen. You look at the menus in families like the Duggars and the Bateses, and they're learning to cook TTC and chickenetti. There's a lot of value in learning to run a household and raise happy, healthy children. If you want your girls to grow up to be homemakers, shouldn't they at least be good at it?

I worry that they won't be accepted and will never find 'suitable' husbands due to the lack of diversity in the fundies circles. Hopefully they cut ties at 18 and won't have to deal with all that bullshit.

I worry for them too. Having a devote christian family background, I've been around several fundie churches before. There were a couple of african american fundies, but not many. The had a lot of older single girls (way above their average marrying age). Not saying that it couldn't happen, but it most likely will be more difficult for them.

Here's to hoping they cut ties at 18 too.

I decided to scan this horror of blog....and wow. Aside from the normal fundie ridiculousness, there was something that really sort of bothered me that others might not be so bothered by. As an African American woman, I know how difficult it is to manage really curly hair. This is just part of having really thick and textured hair. I have known caucasian people who have adopted black children, and let me tell you, NONE of them has whined so much about their hair as this woman.

Here is a part that really annoyed me.

Working with textured hair like this hurts like HELL. The way she describes this child's pain after 3 hours of attacking her head is just revolting. Of course the kid is going whine, she's been pulling on her hair for three hours! My hair used to take this long when I was a kid because my mom would never let us go natural (big mistake in my opinion). I would bawl every time I even saw a comb. My mom (and sometimes dad), though annoyed, tried to be as careful and comforting as she could. And now she has taken the shortcut, perming, which is never a good thing for most black people. Perms usually make our hair fall out. That's why my mother never permed mine and my sisters. I worry for these girls.

You'd think that any Caucasian mother of African-American children would have the brains to visit a multi-racial hair salon (such as the one at my local JC Penney's) for some tips, or visit a blog like Happy Girl Hair.

Oh, and her spelling, and grammar, and punctuation. Oy vey.

Calling someone out for doing a bad job at something does not automatically make the object of said criticism saintly.

Case in point--

Person: "Hane, you're a crappy housekeeper."

Me: "You've just proven the realness of the Lord!"

So their birth mother died AFTER they were adopted? What happened to their 14 (at the time) year old sister?

Too old to brainwash.

Too old to brainwash.

No kidding.

We have been called by God to open our home and hearts to a a young man whom has not always considered us Dad and Mom. We saw Fabson's picture in June of 2005. He was in an orphanage in Haiti. We first met him in January of 2006. It took three long years to get Fabson to America , after much toiling and prayer he finally hit American soil in August of 2008, Fabson was 11. Fabson has not has an easy life but with prayer, patience and grace we believe Fabson has a bright future. We have learned that to do what is best for Fabson we have had to find a new way of parenting. Always unique and individual to our calling of ministering to one of God's precious children, Fabson.

May God Bless you!

I hope this isn't code for "beat the shit out of him".

You'd think that any Caucasian mother of African-American children would have the brains to visit a multi-racial hair salon (such as the one at my local JC Penney's) for some tips, or visit a blog like Happy Girl Hair.

Oh, and her spelling, and grammar, and punctuation. Oy vey.

Calling someone out for doing a bad job at something does not automatically make the object of said criticism saintly.

Case in point--

Person: "Hane, you're a crappy housekeeper."

Me: "You've just proven the realness of the Lord!"

She probably thinks that she knows best because she's their mama :roll: Notice how many times she points that out. She could do their hair so much faster and nicer if she got a few tips.

So here's Jodi's back story, courtesy of her blog The Unliberated Woman, it can be found in it's entirety under My Testimony.

I drank, smoked, did drugs and the likes. I prayed for forgiveness and if that would not work, I could always fall back on purgatory. I lived a life that seemed fairly normal, my children well cared for but as my family had done for generations I looked forward to my escape at the end of a difficult day. I was 20 in an abusive marriage and my boys were ages 1 1/2 and 2 ½ we lived down the road from a nice Baptist church. I attended, searching, hoping wanting to be set free from my addictions…but not bad enough.

I eventually was divorced, met Tryge and knew I needed to find the truth soon. Tryge and I were married when the boys were 3 ½ and 1 ½ I have always had a deep seed and yearning to know the real truth about God. I tried to stop my drug use through rehab programs,12 step programs praying etc…failing every time after about 125 days. You see, I was the moderate type with a clean house, homemaker, Tryge and I were deeply in love and so on, my disguise was so good I could even fool myself. I could not however fool God.

... Wait, what? :shock:

theshelteredplace.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-addition-to-farm.html

Our little piglet Annie.

She is the smallest we have ever had, I sure hope she is not so cute come fall.

The girls let her out of her temporary pen in the basement and I found her here.

:shock: So not only do they have abandonment issues regarding their birth mother, the family plans on slaughtering their pets?

So here's Jodi's back story, courtesy of her blog The Unliberated Woman, it can be found in its entirety under My Testimony.

*Translated that for you, Jodi.

Hey Jodi :greetings-wavingyellow:

I need you to 'splain this to me. How do you get a pass on the blogging?

Women should not be busybodies – chat rooms, blogs, and Facebook.

So here's Jodi's back story, courtesy of her blog The Unliberated Woman, it can be found in it's entirety under My Testimony.

How are ALL the born again fundies former drinking, smoking drug addicts? Can't we get some variety in these testimonies? Maybe a little gambling addiction or white collar crime?

How are ALL the born again fundies former drinking, smoking drug addicts? Can't we get some variety in these testimonies? Maybe a little gambling addiction or white collar crime?

What bothers me most about the Jesus cure for addiction is that it doesn't address core issues. I would suggest that's why her eldest has been having a hard time of life. None of the addictive, secretive, dishonest behaviors of growing up with a mother who used A&D were ever addressed. When she got sober 10 years ago Jesus poofed all those problems away. She claims she was a high bottom drunk, but we have only her word for it. She could have been a sloppy beer swigger who slapped the boys around when she was drunk.

Wait... how were her sons 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 at one point but when she remarried they were 1 1/2 and 3 1/2? Comprehension, how does it work? :doh:

Wait... how were her sons 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 at one point but when she remarried they were 1 1/2 and 3 1/2? Comprehension, how does it work? :doh:

It's gonna be fun when she homeskooling the girls in teh maths.

Hey, guys--who works at Woods Hole? That's the place in Cape Cod where my BIL proposed to my sister.

Hi Jodi :greetings-wavingyellow:. If you have a problem with us then come over here and talk to us on our forum. Posting on your blog is passive aggressive. It also gives us more reasons to snark at you. We would have grown tired of your blog after a week or two if you had not said anything. By complaining about us, you are now the winner of a thread all of your own. Congratulations.

Please excuse grammer and spelling errors. I had one filbert pilsner and now my hands are faster then my brain. I had it while knitting at a bar with friends. I am sure that I will have to frog back some of my project tomorrow but thats ok. I had lots of sweet fellowship ;) .

Also, I dont check this site at work. All forms of social media are banned.

Its a hobby... we all need hobby's right! :mrgreen:

Clearly you're a lurker Jodi, its funny how you LOVE to admonish us, Kelly Bates and various others around the Internet, to make yourself feel good about your choices and beliefs. I would love to know why its OK for you to blog, yet in your list of things women SHOULDN'T do is blogging, care to elaborate?

Maybe you should be concerned with your own hypocrisy and taking your own advice. Better yet, put your children into school or at least take some classes at a community college and educate yourself on the proper use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure. Before you pass these bad habits onto your children, giving them a sub-par education!

Here are some examples from your blog, which would make my favourite English teacher; Mr Maguire, roll in his grave:

grab the camera of coarse!
You mean "course". Coarse means rough texture.

Julia your silly!
you're*

Since it is the week before Motehr's day I thought I yack about myself...
:? yak*

I am usually a stick to my bible only kind of a study girl.
HUH? Not even sure what you are trying to convey here.

more easier
:shock: No. Just No. Redundant and bad grammar.

The way in which...she write her blog...makes me really.... sad. :doh:

I want someone to do a dramatic reading of this.

createdforman.blogspot.ca/2012/06/rare-extinct-creature-spotted.html

It would be excellent if anyone could get Gilbert Gottfried.

Archived