IGNORED

The Jepsons

GeoBQn

I love you two, you know that?

Aww, Experiencedd, we really should be honest with FJ about our betrothal meeting next Tuesday. UNCHAPERONED by headships. (that should totally be a film about FJ)

Are we gonna stream this live? Yikes! :o

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No! I am so not ready for my closeup. I said movie, not documentary!

I want to be a sister wife!

Angri-la, I :romance-heart: you more than you can know. Trufax.

I love you too, Austin. You know I would be on your garden terrace right now, if we lived in the same state! Oh, if FJ con ever happens, can you just imagine? I would hope it would be the same weekend, in the same town as a VF or ATIpalooza, or a, gasp, Maxwell Family reunion. Scorched Earth Policy!

You'd better! I had popcorn and adult beverages planned for the wedding. Since that's not happening, I'm going to need something. Please do where something pretty, ladies.

See, this is why I try and stay off adoption threads, but I get seduced by certain posters who mention threads to me. *winks at miss foxy cupcake 2012, in her purple vintage gingham apron*

I see I made some punctuation and spelling mistakes, and I am sorry. Jodi0666 brought the Holy Roller Derby Queen Jammer out in me, and I had to lap her good.

I knew if I mentioned the betrothal to my Titus 2 mentress would pique some interest. Maybe you will just have to wait for some drunken late night posting. Maybe next time we will visit Aria's trailer park or Miss Raquel's horse. You know, to be educated. I still don't know if I should wear a frumper and headcovering or my Doug Phillips is a Tool shirt (made

I must go to the grocer's now, before it gets to 100+; that isn't supposed to happen here.

PS: AA skin needs sunscreen, Jodi.

If you stream this live, will there be harp music?

I demand celestial trumpets! Preferably played by people with some experience.

Why Does it Hurt When I Pee would be awesome performed by a brass section. :lol:

Ah, FJ con. Was there a location ever nailed down? Also, is there a way to make that page private? I googled my name and saw where I had posted in that thread about FJ Con, so I had to delete it. /sadface

See, this is why I try and stay off adoption threads, but I get seduced by certain posters who mention threads to me. *winks at miss foxy cupcake 2012, in her purple vintage gingham apron*

I see I made some punctuation and spelling mistakes, and I am sorry.

Purely from passion about the subject, no doubt.

Maybe Jodi will learn something -- we can only hope.

I am so sorry to have missed this round of Fundie Friday. I had a bottle of marshmallow vodka and everything, but I see my experiencedd , Lissar , Koala,, and the alluring Glass Cowcatcher *etc. did a wonderful job. I read the whole damn thread. I think I would have preferred to stick a splinter up my fingernail, but I bit it and had to chew it.

Alluring? Really, I'm flattered. ;) Wish you would have joined us.

The next day I came away thinking I should have been less rash about it all. She just really hit a nerve with me because I was homeschooled, badly, and here in the past few weeks I've been wishing I had a "First day of school" so I can sympathize with the offspring when they start in a few days.

_lilith: My daughter will never have contact with her bio mom. NEVER. And I helped bio mom by giving her daughter a healthy happy family, and removing her responsibility. As my daughter was told about her bio dad "Who knows which trick he was. What he paid to make you is all the support I will see." I wouldn't give her money; she'd spend it on speed. I realize you are talking about Jodi, and I agree with you in her case, but I wanted to give another adoptive mother's perspective.

Angrila, I don't have any knowledge of your family except what you have shared on this thread.

I in no way meant to imply that all adoptive parents had a duty to be involved with and offer support to their children's birth mothers.

I can't compare your situation, where you have chosen to care for and parent a child whose biological mother was not willing or able to do so, despite being located in america where there are services available to help her heal and parent if she had chosen to, to Jodi's family, where impoverished mothers in a third world country, at least one of which had successfully parented a teenage daughter, were offered opportunities of material security for their baby daughters, beyond their ability to provide, if they gave them to a rich white woman who wasn't willing to help the families unless she got their babies. The situations are entirely different and I didn't mean to imply that all adoptions are exploitative, I just feel that Jodi's may have been.

I also wonder if those mothers would have been so happy to send their daughters off to America if they had known that they would be isolated from mainstream American culture, denied an education, and told that their birth mothers had abandoned them and thus didn't love them or deserve their love as much as Jodi.

From what you have shared it seems obvious that it isn't in your daughter's best interest to maintain contact with her biological mother, and that there is no support you could or should give the mother that she is not capable of accessing herself if she chose to do so.

I hope that clarifies my intentions.

*winks back with a pageant wave* Does this mean I get a crown? I want a crown that rivals the winner's on RuPaul's Drag Race.

Thanks again for the gorgeous apron, btw, it's getting used on a daily basis.

Before I was a "fundie" I was in your camp. Been there done that. I was raised in a family from your side of the camp as well.

Sorry, I know I'm late to the party (actually missed it altogether with) but I just finished this thread and caught something I didn't see anyone else address.

This quote was originally directed towards the ever lovely Lissar but I believe Jodi thinks this applies to all of us so I just wanted to say-

Jodi, IIRC, you claim to have been a drunk and used drugs in your "past life", before your conversion. Guess what? Life is not so black and white that "drunk and drugged up party chick" is the other side of the camp from "crazy fundie Jesus freak". I'm an atheist feminist bisexual, and yet I don't smoke or do drugs and I've only drank (but still not gotten drunk) twice in my life- at a friend's New Year's Eve party and my stepsister's wedding.

I hope for your adopted children's sake you open your mind a little a realize that there are a lot of ways that people can be different and still all be acceptable. Brown skin and "nappy" hair, though different from your's, are just as beautiful and have just as much value as your skin and hair.

Guest Anonymous

Since we are mourning the loss of the 'Unliberated Woman' blog, I thought I'd post the picture of that family of Scandinavian pixies that Jodi thinks reasonably represents her family / the ideal family.

Capture.png

So fucking clueless.

I hope that clarifies my intentions.

Sweetie, I was pretty much schooling Jodi in that post. I didn't mean to intone that you were judging me! I have really tried to chill out on posting about adoption (I started to annoy myself!), I just turn into a crazy lionness about nasty pieces like Jodi. I only used your name because I was quoting what you said, not because I took it personally- I was on a major rant.

You are mysterious and chic, and I like that. And I probably just like your username so much, I wanted to type it.

*winks back with a pageant wave* Does this mean I get a crown? I want a crown that rivals the winner's on RuPaul's Drag Race.

Oh, doll, you wait an see what I make you! Being a drag queen trapped in a woman's body, I complete have this!

Thanks, sogba. Oh why doesn't my family look like THAT? I am totally doing it wrong, no wonder I have no manchild!

Since we are mourning the loss of the 'Unliberated Woman' blog, I thought I'd post the picture of that family of Scandinavian pixies that Jodi thinks reasonably represents her family / the ideal family.

So fucking clueless.

She does not leave a lot of room for a few gorgeous Haitian children, does she?

In magical Emmie universe, it would be illegal to treat children like this. It is just as damaging as beating them, maybe worse. These girls will grow up hating their own skin and hair, at the very least they will see it as something non-ideal.

Sweetie, I was pretty much schooling Jodi in that post. I didn't mean to intone that you were judging me! I have really tried to chill out on posting about adoption (I started to annoy myself!), I just turn into a crazy lionness about nasty pieces like Jodi. I only used your name because I was quoting what you said, not because I took it personally- I was on a major rant.

You are mysterious and chic, and I like that. And I probably just like your username so much, I wanted to type it.

Awwwww, thank you. I'm really enjoying the notion of myself as mysterious and chic for just a moment before my small people invade and bring me back to reality.

I can't take kudos for my username - it's my middle name, so any cool credits go to my parents I guess.

I have a friend who is going through the process to become a foster carer with the hope to eventually adopt from the system, and as I am one of the few people in that set of friends who has children I am one of her referees. The stories I have heard and the circumstances some of these children come out of and the challenges they have are heartbreaking. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the parents who choose to care for these children and give them love and stability. And from everything I have heard the system in America is even worse than the system here in Australia. I am glad your daughter finally has the love and family that every child deserves.

Wow, not surprised she flounced. She was ignorant and a horrible mother. I hope her kids run far away from her.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn. I saw this and thought she was spewing more crazy. Methinks her headship cut her internet connection. I thought about her "fruit of my past" self this afternoon, so I was momentarily excited.

Damn. I saw this and thought she was spewing more crazy. Methinks her headship cut her internet connection. I thought about her "fruit of my past" self this afternoon, so I was momentarily excited.

Haha sorry to get you excited, I just saw the thread mentioned somewhere else and the crazy sucked me in.

I got sucked in too. Somehow I missed this big pile o' crazy when it was happening live. But before I knew it, I'd skimmed the whole thread! :o Nice smackdown, everyone. I'll be thinking of those poor kids.

Archived