IGNORED

United States of Bates Debut Excitement MERGED

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Blonde Can Cook - Two Hundred and 69 Ways to a Man's Heart. TELL me that isn't dirty. I won't believe you.

did anyone see grandpa nudge grandma? wonder what that was about?

I missed that. Whereabouts did it happen? (I'm only half paying attention).

did anyone see grandpa nudge grandma? wonder what that was about?

I saw that!! I'm thinkin that Grandma may have a mouth on her (love that)! Maybe she's like JimSlob's Dad was and doesn't exactly approve of all of the fellowshippin and quiverin that goes on. The rest of the family seems pretty normal.

A female cousin was shown doing some flips on a bar - that's something those Bates girls can't do in a skirt (without it being awkward, anyway). No surprise they didn't show them participating in that activity.

ETA: Thanks, sassy. I'll have to watch for that once the episode becomes available online.

So, they show up, destroy the grandparents' home and then leave. Cool.

One of the middle girls - straight, blond hair-- does not have the Bates accent at all and it is throwing me off.

Why does everything these families do have to have a lesson involved? Why can't they just look at the pictures and trophies without a lesson grrr

Trace looks a little bit like Gil did in college. He might be one of those guys who becomes more and more handsome as he ages through his 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s.

And yet again, we see pictures adn trophies of Gil's form school; something his kids will never have. Just like Michelle's cheerleading and rollerskating days.

And yet again, we see pictures adn trophies of Gil's form school; something his kids will never have. Just like Michelle's cheerleading and rollerskating days.

This makes me so angry. Gil, Kelly, JB, & J'Uterus all turned out "good and godly" while going to school, playing on sports teams, winning trophies, having outside friends, ect., yet they all deprive their children of the same things they had in some freaked out fundie notion to protect them. It's so fucking hypocritical.

Random note on the link to the GMA show.. Callie is obviously needing to go to the restroom. Too bad the ridiculous interview is more important.

That was so boring. I can't wait to see the ratings.

I loved the use of SOTDRT "hisself". They really play up the bumpkin angle. The opening sounded AWFUL to my ears.

Kelly was nice and condescending explaining why the girls wear dresses. Thy did a good job of downplaying the gothardism for the cameras.

I'm shocked Kelly Jo talked about Eyore. I bet the kids have never heard of him.

It seemed like EVERYBODY was hamming it up for the cameras, especially during the love day dinner.

Ugh, please let this go the way of Bristol Palin's show!

I LOVED Gil's parents. They had me totally cracking up! At the very end, when she said Hallelujah about them leaving, he nudged her and she realized that was being filmed- that was hysterical. And Grandpa saying that it takes them 1.5 days to clean afterwards. Haha, I loved their honesty.

Every time Erin was shown, my husband had to comment about her "unfortunate" hair. Haha!

I find the Bates slightly more bearable than the Duggars, at least they're seemingly more loving to their children, but it is unfortunate that their kids won't have the opportunities they did.

When they were all standing around the table looking at his sports memorabilia, I picked out one of the girls who was dressed in pink who seemed, I don't know, a little sassy looking. Our latest girl to free?!

When they were all standing around the table looking at his sports memorabilia, I picked out one of the girls who was dressed in pink who seemed, I don't know, a little sassy looking. Our latest girl to free?!

Tori said she was a "jeans and a T-shirt girl". Come again?

Oh, thanks for the prompt correction, Sissies! Of course she meant "jeans skirt".

I say freetori. She's a cutie.

The amazon.com review for the 69 book says recipes are divided into categories like Four Play and Happy Endings. And Kelly gave this to Erin. Way to keep your daughter's heart pure momma.

Kelly's accent is really annoying. She's almost a caricature of a southern woman. And how appropriate is it that their televised doctor is named Hicks?

Kelly's accent is really annoying. She's almost a caricature of a southern woman. And how appropriate is it that their televised doctor is named Hicks?

Kelly's accent is actually fairly typical for east Tennessee. I don't think they amped the accents up for the show; I have relatives in that area whose accents are even thicker, almost unintelligible if you're not used to hearing it. ;)

Archived