IGNORED

United States of Bates Debut Excitement MERGED

homeschoolmomma1

Anxious to see what TLC does to the Bates or if they'll make them look really nice and well behaved and continue showing the howler monkeys picking their noses and running wild like always!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the Bates will stay at home more and the Duggars will look like TLC fame by going on vacations and eating out a lot.

Beanie

8/1/2012 4:31:35 PM

Did ya'll go to Chick-fil-a today? The one in Pensacola was packed; the line ran at least 20 feet out the door! Go, Chick-fil-a! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kelly Bates

8/1/2012 11:34:53 PM

Yes, we did go to Chick-fil-a!!! Love, Kelly

From the Bates' newly redesigned website. At least now Kelly's replies aren't labeled as being from Gil.

The kissing over the crib takes the cake.

Edit to add image

Who the heck is Chloe Duggar??

Why, oh WHY are they both sucking in their cheeks? It makes them look so strained and, ahem, constipated. Smuggar didn't do that, or maybe his cheeks are too full to really get the whole 'sucking in' effect going. Either way, it looks a lot better than the whole 'human pretending to be a vacuum' look the other three are doing.

Who the heck is Chloe Duggar??

I hope it's one of their relatives, but... as I took this off google, could be a VERY devoted leghumper. :?

The kissing over the crib takes the cake.

Edit to add image

I have gotten so used to the way Josh looks now that it takes me a minutes to recognize him from older photos. :shock: I try not to make a habit of judging people by their weight gains/losses, but that's... pretty damn noticeable.

Couple of Interesting articles:

Will New Show Squash '19 Kids & Counting's' Ratings?

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArt ... 4981524447

TLC’s ‘United Bates of America’ Premieres August 13

http://celebritynewsandstyle.com/tlcs-u ... st-13-112/

There is also one at The National Enquirer but my browser won't open it, saying the content isn't available in my area; DOH!

If someone could copy and paste this ones content I'd be greatful, it looked hilarious from the blurb I could see:

"Gil and Kathy Bates also have 19 kids and they love bouncin' baby Jesus as much as those dern Duggars – and NOW they have their own TLC ..."

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j ... P_a_5l7d4w

Will New Show Squash '19 Kids & Counting's' Ratings?

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArt ... 4981524447

This specific article is editorialized by a clear Duggar lover with statements like:

"is TLC trying to drive the Duggar family out? Why would they produce a show so much like one they already have?

While it seems unlikely that TLC would set the Duggars up to fail, what do you suppose the reason is for two such similar shows? Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar are great friends with Gil and Kelly Jo Bates, so it doesn't even seem like there's any animosity on anyone's behalf here. It simply sounds like a bad idea."

:roll: urgh Leghumpers.

Doggone it DUGGARS – now you’ve done it! Here comes another "reality" show about 19 kids and WHAT - they’re BFFs with you?! Well – GOLEEEE!!

Gil and Kathy Bates also have 19 kids and they love bouncin’ baby Jesus as much as those dern Duggars – and NOW they have their own TLC spawn happy show "The United Bates of America", about the manufactured trials and tribulations of a ginormo fam – country style!

The eight-part series begins with their newborn Jeb's emotional homecoming from the hospital and how the brothers and sisters handle having a 19th sibling in the house.

The Bates family, like their good friends Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, home school their children and are sending their second oldest daughter Erin off to college.

They share their Tennessee home and the adventures they have as a music loving Christian family who make country life easy but have their own struggles.

United Bates of America premeires on August 13 at 9 pm ET/PT on TLC, RadarOnline.com reported

no, i'm boycotting. if i watch, it'll be second showings and i'm fast-forwarding through any ads and making a note to avoid the sponsors. i'm tired of watching the older, adult children enslaved and raising their siblings. enough is enough and i don't want the parents to profit off of this lifestyle as i think it's abusive especially to the women

If it was airing in Australia I would be looking forward to it immensely. Sad but true.

I just hope it hits YouTube soon and that TLC are as relaxed about leaving it up as they are about Duggar episodes.

It was aired in the Netherlands. After 3 weeks they canceled the show because the ratings were too low.

Well, if United Bates makes it to Amazon Instant or Youtube I'll watch it to add to my already overflowing well of useless Gothardite information. I'd think they probably freak if they realized they were on the same network as "Virgin Diaries"

Everytime I see this photo I think of the Dr. Seuss illustrations. Anna looks like a Dr. Seuss creature with her face that way, its really disturbing to me. And her husband just looks like a fat lump of lard, I'm not sure if that's in any children's books.

Ditto that. I've always thought that Anna looked like a Dr. Seuss character and the way that she is holding her face in this picture makes her look like she came from Whoville.

At least Michelle should be getting some much-needed calcium with that milkshake.

They still had to put her on a 6" stool for that shot.

They still had to put her on a 6" stool for that shot.

Seriously. The first thing I thought when I saw that picture was 'I wonder how high the box is Michelle is standing on'.

Seriously. The first thing I thought when I saw that picture was 'I wonder how high the box is Michelle is standing on'.

You wouldn't want the sheeple noticing that Michelle has some serious early onset osteoporosis!

The Bates Family blog has a new update. Gil... er, I mean Erin... has a brand new CD for sale, just in time for the debut of their series.

Erin headed for Nashville with a few siblings to meet Andy and his wife, Rachel. After Wednesday night church, they selected the songs for the Cd and briefly practiced them together. They began recording early Thursday morning, and finished late Friday night. It sounded like they had played together for years, even though they had only ran through the songs a handful of times.

http://jezebel.com/quiverfull-movement/

There's an interesting conversation happening in the comments section of this article... I REALLY wish that we could invite Feberize, whose claims her husband is the producer of 19KAC, over here to spill all the gossip, but she's already said that she can't because her husband would be sued and lose his job. She says though that he has some stories that would "make your teeth curl". It would be VERY interesting to see what ends up on the editing floor or when the cameras aren't rolling...

Archived