IGNORED

United States of Bates Debut Excitement MERGED

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fuckin tourists.

Stay out of my city. I can only imagine the other people who had to suffer through a subway ride with them.

too bad they did not show up yesterday when Trojan was giving out free vibrators. They would not have a clue what they were and would get several.

I thought it might have been awhile ago. can you imagine what they would think of the carts?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/20 ... n-streets/

I wonder if they even know about Trojan since they never used birth control; I seriously doubt they know much, if anything, about sex toys. :lol:

The GMA taping was live Wednesday AM so they may well could have run into a cart if they were doing the typical midtown/Times Square tourist thing. However, I doubt that they would have been solicited, solely based on the fact that there were, what, 14 minors in their neon green and blue group. Though picturing the look of horror on Princess Erin's face had she been offered a toy would have been priceless.

What I don't understand is how the news outlets and reporters/investagators not do some research beforehand comparing the Bateses and the Duggars to see if they're in a cult. They seem to have the same characteristics, the catchphrase "We'll leave it up to God" and creepy (in my opinion) matched clothes of the genders that are conservative. Or do they just not care because they're seen as "Christian"? Ignroant and homophobic people worry about the "Gay Agenda", why aren't they worrying about the Conservative Christian Agenda? It's getting really hard to convince myself that there isn't 1/going to be 1...

Kelly Jo's just gotta do something about that lip thing. Maybe make a plastic surgeon 'friend' while it can still be filmed for free?

http://jezebel.com/5932986/the-bates-fa ... t=51689709

But the fun part is the commenter named Ferberized who claims, "My husband produces the show, and this is a frequent conversation topic among the crew. My money is on Johannah going rogue." I hope this is true. Other commenters tried to talk her into telling all, but he is apparently contractually obligated to keep quiet. She goes on to say, "He'd lose his job and get sued. And it is sooooo difficuuult because I have some anecdotes that would make your teeth curl."

I have no idea if the commenter is full of shit or not, but I hope not and I would LOVE to talk to her!

Why does she even have to dress like Michelle?? And, PLEASE!!! Give up the gag-able "hanging on every brilliant word hubby speaks" look. And, are mine the only eyes bleeding from those horrible colors???? Like the recycled the leftovers from the "clown" dresses the girls wore the first time with the Duggars.

It kind of irks me how the interviewers ask in awe how the Bateses or Duggars manage travelling with 19 kids. The Bateses have 6 adult offspring, 5 teenaged offspring, 6 children and 2 babies. There are more older kids than younger so it is not like taking a daycare class of 19 three-year olds!!! The Duggars also have more older offspring than younger...

Did you notice how the girls had the baby in their hotel room; don't want to spoil Kelly and Gil's opportunity to bake a Bates in NYC!

t kind of irks me how the interviewers ask in awe how the Bateses or Duggars manage travelling with 19 kids.

True--I just got done watching all I can find. Is there anyone in American who no longer knows how move a gi-normous family? How many times must it be shown?? Laundry--ass load of it for sure. Yep they now do the Duggar's old thing of a box of white socks for the girls and black for the boys. Yep they share chores--imagine! Yada yada yada

What about "five kids off to college....still living at home.????" No problem with living at home for college--pretty much normal due to cost. But NO DISCUSSION AT ALL of this. Here's my thoughts: Their life was easier with Gil's "normal job"--regular pay check. He went to college [Christian Colleges are very, very normal where I live] got a decent job and then got sucked into ATI.....seems like they're hedging their bets for the kids in a good way. Even if you get a ton of credits thru CLEP tests (perfectly normal at most State colleges) you still end up with a degree which CAN really help. I would like the to have said "UNLIKE the Dugggars, you 've got a daughter at a local college and others doing "online" college--why?"

I also get annoyed at the awe for "managing all these kids" when half of them are legal adults. I remember one episode with the camera crew asking random people how poor Michele could cope with 19 kids at home (I think it was during a snowstorm). With Michelle, Grandma, and probably 6 kids at least 16 or over that's at least a 1:2 ratio of caregiver to little kid. Gee, however do they manage?

I also get annoyed at the awe for "managing all these kids" when half of them are legal adults. I remember one episode with the camera crew asking random people how poor Michele could cope with 19 kids at home (I think it was during a snowstorm). With Michelle, Grandma, and probably 6 kids at least 16 or over that's at least a 1:2 ratio of caregiver to little kid. Gee, however do they manage?

Put like that it reminds me of how Saint Diana could be mother best mother in the world ever to William and Harry--not hard with unlimited budget, multiple nannies, 10 month per year of boarding school and half the vacations spent with Charles. Anyone could excel under those circumstances!!!

"Divide and Conquer" is the whole deal here with both families--4 or 5 "big" girls marshall the troops, the older boys ride herd and Mommy and Daddy adore each other. We used to see Kelly actually doing things for her family--it looks like now it's just Duggars in every way---she and Gil off in front and the kids left to take care of the kids.

I just watched the GMA video. It wasn'a surprise when they mentioned Tim Tebow. They only root for Tebow, because he is a Christian who has worked with Focus on the Family. They probably don't realize that Tebow sucks as a NFL level quarterback.

Guest Anonymous
I think I've figured out the world's biggest secret! Voldemort lives!!!! as crazy religious nutjob named jboob! Who would have suspected him? Its a perfect cover.

If Voldemort had to masquerade as JBoob, Harry wouldn't have needed a showdown with him. He would have expired on his own from terminal disgust, offended sensibilities or both.

Even if these two families were asked tough questions, I highly doubt they would give the "right" answer. They would more than likely give us an answer they think we would want to hear.

As for United Bates of America (crappy title, by the way), the show isn't going to last and it's amazing just how desperate TLC has become to boost ratings. People will watch the first season to know the family and how they differ or are similar to the Duggars and then will get bored when they start showing field trip episodes. The Bates will act like larger than life and then we'll have Zack create a twitter, facebook and Instagram account with stupid crap for attention from leghumpers and critics.[/quote]

Not while he's still living in Gil's house. :naughty:

If they wanted to focus on mega-families then why not on different types of mega-families? Different religions, beliefs, locales. I'd be more interested in seeing an urban mega-family, a Jewish one, a farm family that raises animals (instead of starving them), a family that runs a business etc..... not just the same type of family, just with different names.

see this filmclip of them... 5 of the kids missing from there... wonder why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIc2swjeVys

oh and a part 2 with an EGG TOSS *EXCITING*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho6a2HoFUng&feature=plcp

ETA: Oh more exciting than I thought, DEFRAUDING TOUCHING of Carlin when the host picked her up... :shock: :whistle:

DEF.jpg

DEF2.jpg

Put like that it reminds me of how Saint Diana could be mother best mother in the world ever to William and Harry--not hard with unlimited budget, multiple nannies, 10 month per year of boarding school and half the vacations spent with Charles. Anyone could excel under those circumstances!!!

Umm, and this is relevant how?

She's dead, OK?

Story over, no?

If they wanted to focus on mega-families then why not on different types of mega-families? Different religions, beliefs, locales. I'd be more interested in seeing an urban mega-family, a Jewish one, a farm family that raises animals (instead of starving them), a family that runs a business etc..... not just the same type of family, just with different names.

TLC used to have a show called Kids by the Dozen that featured a different family every episode, but it was still featuring mostly fundie or fundie-light Christian families. That was our first exposure to the Jeubs and Arndts.

Umm, and this is relevant how?

She's dead, OK?

Story over, no?

I think this is relevant because it is another example of how people see what they want to see when it comes to families in the public eye. People gush over the royal family and what a great job they do without considering the phenomenal back-up resources they have to do that job. Likewise, people see the Duggars and Bates as perfect families without bothering to scratch the surface of how they really live their lives and price their children are paying for their parents' choice of lifestyle.

Archived